Is Vance a major liability?

Lacessit

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Free lunches while the public schools in Minnesota drop from 7th in the country to 18th in county. Stolen valor Walz defiantly has his priorities in order.

Those free lunches for children provided by Walz in Minnesota must really kill you.

TANSTAAFL!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't recall saying Jews were super intelligent, just pretty smart people. Although I suppose I could point to Albert Einstein.

IMO Russia can't afford the war now. It's going to take decades to rebuild their economy, and even if Trump lifted every sanction ( which would probably get him impeached again ) there's no Western company that will invest in Russia again, or allow their engineers and technicians anywhere near the permafrost oil wells that are freezing as we speak. Why do you think Russia, a major oil exporter, has banned the export of gasoline?

Who is going to replace the Russian domestic aircraft fleet, which is half the size it was prior to 2022? Boeing and Airbus won't be interested in getting their products seized a second time.

These are just a couple of examples. Russia has made itself a pariah, restoring trust will take a long long time.

I know I know, I'm not implying you did, but because Ashkenazis score somewhat higher IQ tests, Sephardim don't surprise surprise because they did not enjoy the same Central European education systems, that argument is sometimes trotted out. Even though Chinese, Japanese and S Koreans score highest. But pretty smart, I can certainly get on board with. It's their moral rectitude I admire, Normal Finkelstein is a class act all the way.

As for the Russian economy, it is soaring at the moment, according to the Economist:

"Across the world worries are mounting about the economy. In America and Canada unemployment is rising, while consumer sentiment remains depressed. Europe continues to flirt with recession. Don’t even mention China. Yet there is one place where the mood is quite different. Despite fierce sanctions and pariah status, Russia’s economy is growing strongly. It turns out that bacchanalian spending, at a time of war, really juices an economy."

"This year Russian GDP is expected to rise by over 3% in real terms, continuing its fastest growth streak since the early 2010s"

."Other “real time” measures of activity, including one published by Goldman Sachs, a bank, suggest the economy is accelerating (see chart 1). Unemployment is close to an all-time low; the rouble is doing fine."

"You might expect Mr Putin to be goosing the numbers. But the Levada Centre, an independent pollster, finds equally startling trends (see chart 2). Only once in the past three decades has sentiment been higher." 

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2024/08/11/vladimir-putin-spends-big-and-sends-russias-economy-soaring

It's an excellent article, well worth a read. Friendly countries like China and India will continue to invest in Russia. By sheer population size Russia is still an interesting market and its economy will continue to grow. However, in 5 years the enormous reserves Russia has accumulated since 2010 will be gone.

This is why I don't think Putin will want this war to last forever. But of course Ukraine is in a much worse situation, economically.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/12/2024 at 7:58 PM, Yellowtail said:

Vance served honorably in the Marines, went to Ohio State University where he graduated summa cum laude with a BA in political science, in two years. He then went to Yale law school (arguably the best in law school in the country) where he was editor of the Yale Law Review and got his JD. 

He clerked for a federal judge, spent time doing corporate law, worked for a venture capitalist and wrote a bestselling book. He's married and has three kids. 

So higher education, getting a job and getting married is why you like him? I think people were digging for something a bit more nuanced, you just described probably the majority of senators. To clarify, you like Walz as well right?

Is there something specific about Vance you like that, that is not shared in common by many others.. or do you just happen to like a lot of the candidates?

Also working for venture capitalist Peter Thiel, is a positive in your eyes? This is like saying working for Rupert Murdoch is a positive for a candidate. It really boggles the mind. Not because of what these men stand for, but due to the nature of their lust for power and influence - and having one of their proteges run for high level positions in politics.

Edited by jacob29
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BKKKevin said:

It's only a matter of time and we will see old photos of him holding a cat...

Curious?... I wonder what his drag name was?...:coffee1:

GUyrNkfXEAAaKLd-1_m1frxb.jpeg

Those biceps will go very well with a decollete'...

PM Thatcher and President Reagan defeated the Soviet Union by standing firm and by a defense spending policy that bankrupted the USSR. The western alliance is applying a similar strategy today. Russia has neglected its social and civil spending  needs. There are no new spending projects for healthcare, no large R&D expenditures outside of military use, no investment in civil infrastructure unless military related, and no adjusted spending on education or early childhood development. Secondary school graduates can look forward to military manufacturing related jobs or military service.  Gone are the idyllic days of  travel or non war related education.  The diversion of investment away from the social services sector can be  absorbed for a few years, but eventually it leads to  situations where infrastructure is neglected. 

Once the Russian infrastructure starts falling apart, and the   cheap Chinese  consumer items start breaking down Russians will say enough. Young Russians do not want to die in a useless war  with Ukraine. Nor should they. At some point the muslim stanistans will turn against Russia and Russia will be in a fight for its survival.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, jacob29 said:

So higher education, getting a job and getting married is why you like him? I think people were digging for something a bit more nuanced, you just described probably the majority of senators. To clarify, you like Walz as well right?

Is there something specific about Vance you like that, that is not shared in common by many others.. or do you just happen to like a lot of the candidates?

Also working for venture capitalist Peter Thiel, is a positive in your eyes? This is like saying working for Rupert Murdoch is a positive for a candidate. It really boggles the mind. Not because of what these men stand for, but due to the nature of their lust for power and influence - and having one of their proteges run for high level positions in politics.

Actually, lifting yourself from grinding poverty and abuse, serving honourably in the Marines, graduating from Yale, and being successful in the private sector. Compare to the Democrat team . 

And he shows up. Did all three Sunday morning news shows, all with tough and adversarial journalists. Where were Walz and Harris?

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, lifting yourself from grinding poverty and abuse, serving honourably in the Marines, graduating from Yale, and being successful in the private sector. Compare to the Democrat team . 

And he shows up. Did all three Sunday morning news shows, all with tough and adversarial journalists. Where were Walz and Harris?

So... that's a no then? So much dancing around the question. Is there really nothing you like about his character? I feel like I've asked a trick question here.

43 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Im outsider from Us politics. But always have think that people who live out from Us have vision. Early days if not always i have think honesty is best policy. If former President lie before in office , during in office, all the time after office. Only ask how you can trust that kind of man and vote him? Biggest ask is! What the F is wrong whit your people's brain!?

• Love It 1

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

JD Vance is the least popular VP pick.

Trump will blame him for the loss in November, if it's a blowout.

Apparently the interview with Musk was a disaster, with some viewers calling Trump Daffy Duck, and wondering if he had forgotten his dentures.

If that's his performance with a guy lobbing him soft-ball questions, how will he do when Harris comes after him with a scalpel?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Apparently the interview with Musk was a disaster, with some viewers calling Trump Daffy Duck, and wondering if he had forgotten his dentures.

If that's his performance with a guy lobbing him soft-ball questions, how will he do when Harris comes after him with a scalpel?

That Daffy Duck stuff is a distortion, I listened to the interview and Trump sounds perfectly normal and nothing like Daffy Duck. Was actually a funny interview worth a listen.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Like you watched it. 

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Fake news. It was good. Only the left wing liars thought it was bad.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

that's his performance with a guy lobbing him soft-ball questions, how will he do when Harris comes after him with a scalpel?

Trump smashed Biden on CNN. Harris won't go on X or Fox. Too scared. Biggest coward in 50 years.

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

Trump smashed Biden on CNN. Harris won't go on X or Fox. Too scared. Biggest coward in 50 years.

What on earth are you talking about.....You obviously know nothing and troll threads.

So tiresome, bignok............🥴

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Then why is Trump making excuses about it?

https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/us-news/us-election/2024/08/14/donald-trump-slur-elon-musk?

I've heard of rose-colored spectacles, rose-colored ears is a new one.

He's not making excuses about any lisp, he's rightfully pointing out that audio and transmission had a technical issue, but it was very sporadic and did not detract from his dulcet tones in the slightest. No lisp, No Tyson, people who listen to the actual recording expecting that will be sorely disappointed.

1 hour ago, RSD1 said:

FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Dude, there's that anger and frustration rearing its ugly head again, please get help before you hurt yourself or someone you love. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

There's a new photo of JD Vance in drag.

And it wasn't released by Iran.

You have it taped on the wall of the bathroom? Is it working for you?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

You have it taped on the wall of the bathroom? Is it working for you?

What are you talking about?

JD Vance is a major liability for the Trump campaign.

The question is whether Vance will cause Trump to lose Ohio.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What are you talking about?

JD Vance is a major liability for the Trump campaign.

The question is whether Vance will cause Trump to lose Ohio.

I thought Trump had already lost, no? 

Why do you hate gays so much? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I thought Trump had already lost, no? 

Why do you hate gays so much? 

Trump hasn't lost - yet. The election is in November.

But, you've already called it for Harris.

BTW, who's talking about gays? Is that your thing now?

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There's a new photo of JD Vance in drag.

And it wasn't released by Iran.

I guess every male at some point in their life has worn women's clothes, tried out high heels to see what it is like.

No big deal, but it's a mistake for guys to start wearing a halo about it, as Vance seems to do.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Trump hasn't lost - yet. The election is in November.

But, you've already called it for Harris.

BTW, who's talking about gays? Is that your thing now?

Sorry, why do you hate Vance, or think less of him because he's a crossdresser and likely gay? 

Do you think that should disqualify him? I don't. 

Watching the left melt down because a gay man might be VP is amusing. 

• Sad 1