Russian Man Arrested in Thailand After 1,599 Days Overstay

webfact

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A Russian who overstays his visa is the least of their problems. Now they have invited in the Bratva, by opening up the country to all Russians. Quantity over quality only works if you are selling $2 items at a swap meet. Dumb and dumber. 

Thailand is no longer attracting very many Western tourists for a dozen very good reasons. Right now it is predominantly Malaysian, Indian, Arab, Chinese, and Russian. One could argue that these are relatively low quality tourists, in terms of the amounts of money that they spend. Sure you have a few wealthy Russians and some wealthy Chinese, but most are lower to middle income and don't spend alot. Except the Chinese and Russian gangsters and crime families. 

This process will not be reversed until the authorities wake up and make some sacrifices such as lowering luxury taxes, lowering wine taxes, cleaning up the air, making the highways safer, allowing more private air travel, helicopter travel, high-speed trains and alternatives to the totally choked and extremely hazardous highways. 

Repost ?

I seem to remember this "pivot to utopia rant" recently almost word-for word.

Edit : Though you might be in luck and the Thai PM reads your blueprint and acts on it..

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Does non appearance for the 90 days not cause a red flag ?

Obviously not on their computer system.. , one would think it would be easy to set-up.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Who would want to go back to Russia ? Nobody.

Depends if you're talking about the front line fighting or a Russian city which is quite nice at the moment

15 minutes ago, harryviking said:

Thailand is under the threat of an invasion from Russians and soon from the Chinese! Russians escaping war, and Chinese escaping crushing economy! I am not so sure the people running Thailand now are aware, or even smart enough to understand the danger this brinks to the country! They only have dollar signs in their eyes and have no clue about much more.

you forget the Isrealis. they have completely changed the koh phangan property market. Where once it was 20-somethings post-army service now it is entire families. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, n00dle said:

you forget the Isrealis. they have completely changed the koh phangan property market. Where once it was 20-somethings post-army service now it is entire families. 

Yeah the island is infested with people doing illegal property businesses, subletting, working illegally etc etc. Prices are absolute nonsense as a result too and even much more is being build. The few arrests they did so far are for sure a silly joke, they could easily arrest 20-30 people in a single day, if they really wanted to.

A 2-3K bungalow shack goes for up to 10K nowadays, same for a room that used to be 4-5K now being 15K. A simple 1 bedroom bungalow? Up to 30K. 2 bedrooms? Up to 50-60K. This where a 2 bedroom bungalow just 2 years ago was 18-20K long term.

Business is business, i'd still pay 30K for a 2 bedroom if I could find one. But the reality is most of these increases all go to farangs on the island, not to the actual Thai owners.

Edited by BakedPanda
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BakedPanda said:

Yeah the island is infested with people doing illegal property businesses, subletting, working illegally etc etc. Prices are absolute nonsense as a result too and even much more is being build. The few arrests they did so far are for sure a silly joke, they could easily arrest 20-30 people in a single day, if they really wanted to.

A 2-3K bungalow shack goes for up to 10K nowadays, same for a room that used to be 4-5K now being 15K. A simple 1 bedroom bungalow? Up to 30K. 2 bedrooms? Up to 50-60K. This where a 2 bedroom bungalow just 2 years ago was 18-20K long term.

Business is business, i'd still pay 30K for a 2 bedroom if I could find one. But the reality is most of these increases all go to farangs on the island, not to the actual Thai owners.

They arrested a lot of Burmese workers last week so that’s going to have an impact on building work I heard it could of been up to a 100 if it was it’s been kept very quiet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

They arrested a lot of Burmese workers last week so that’s going to have an impact on building work I heard it could of been up to a 100 if it was it’s been kept very quiet

Sounds good to me! Hope they continue and clean the entire island.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Be fair. Thai monks don't beg. Their early morning local walkabouts give faithful an opportunity to earn merit by making offerings in support of the recipients remple and residents.

I M O, lazy bunch of beggars they don't even cook and clean up after themselves. 

1 minute ago, Ironmike said:

Dustvidania and it's off to the Russian front for you comrade,,send them all back. 

Unlike most of russians he's lucky: he has an option to choose either side - canadians are on the Nazi side while russians are against them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

They are in LoS to avoid conscription. Why would they go back willingly ?

That's a misconception..  Some are here to avoid serving in the Russian armed forces. Conscription is still very limited in Russia. The Russians are relying on sign-up bonuses (significant by Russian standards) and mostly active in the ethnic (non Russian) areas.

The vast majority are here on holiday.. Not eligible for entry into the usual haunts..

They have taken over my condo building in Pattaya.. They add nothing. Trash the fitness facilities.. etc.

I'm not happy with this turn of events, but I own my condo and relocation is not simple.. unless I were to cave and rent it to Russians..🤥

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

They are in LoS to avoid conscription. Why would they go back willingly ?

You think that 56-year olds are subject to conscription?   There's a good chance that he did his mandatory 12-months military service many years ago.

• Confused 1