Paetongtarn Shinawatra to be Nominated as Thailand's New PM

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I just looked her up using Google. Her overview says she was born August 31, 1986 United States. But you go to her Wiki page and it says she was born in Bangkok. Which one is true? Is there some online scrubbing going on?

I've seen it before were is said she born in the US, whatever 

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The most powerful position in the country of Thailand....And out of 60-70 million people this would be the 2nd close Thaksin family member to get this position after Thaksin ??

Well folks if you were only 99.9% sure politics was a horse and pony show in Thailand.....This should make things 100% clear.....

The fourth shin…

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I've seen it before were is said she born in the US, whatever 

Yes, it says that on the Google overview. I'm just wondering if her Wiki is being scrubbed of "damaging" information. She might be considered a US citizen! She damn well might owe US taxes. Should I notify the IRS?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Pick me of  the floor can't stop laughing 

The day Daddy arrived this was going to happen  he had it all planned before arrival. 

Yingluck be home soon too. 

Oh where is Ptia the man people voted for oh yeah gone it's insulting to the people and makes Thailand  politics like a kindergarten. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wxyz1 said:

That was the plan all along. They knew appointing the ex con would get Srethai disqualified. Well, let's see how long she lasts.

Especially since the ex con was a pal of Taksin’s. You can bet the unwitting Srethai was told by Taksin to make the appointment … Taksin knowing of course it would cause a <deleted> storm.  I wonder … who does the Constitutional Court work for?

The third Shinawatra, the fourth actually,    if you count Tony ' s brother-in-law.

Rivaling/surpassing the Kim dynasty.

Both regimes have, of course  , been working tirelessly for the welfare of the people. Keep up the good work, Tony.

What would Thailand be without you ?

Oh. before I forget it, it's time to quadruple the visa extension charges again  ,last time we were thrilled to have them rise  from 500 Baht to 1900 B. May I suggest 9999 Baht  as the new rate.

• Like 1

Calm down, calm down!. She is not Prime Minister, She has been nominated by PTP as their candidate, lets's see what other nominations from other parties are put forward and, most of all, who will be voted in. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Calm down, calm down!. She is not Prime Minister, She has been nominated by PTP as their candidate, lets's see what other nominations from other parties are put forward and, most of all, who will be voted in. 

She is (BP 12:36).

25 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

The third Shinawatra, the fourth actually,    if you count Tony ' s brother-in-law.

Rivaling/surpassing the Kim dynasty.

They beat about the Bush(es).

Edited by Ben Zioner

8 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Daddy made it happen. The PTP was going to vote for that 76 year old man until they all went to Thaksins house for a meeting. Pretty obvious daddy told them what he wanted. They followed. 

Why would anybody vote for a 76 year old man to be a PM in the first place?

Also I would advise Paethontarn to invest in as man stab of bullet proof vests as she can, especially after reading this.

The press conference announcing her nomination was attended by government coalition leaders who expressed their support, making her political future appear assured. "We are confident that we will work together to help the country move past its economic problems and advance into the future.

I would also advise her to keep away from any buses, just in case she gets thrown under one.

She didn't even have to endure the election selection. 

Just walked into the top job.

No hard graft to get there - just Daddy's little girl cronyism.

I bet Thai students can't wait for the old slogan,

"Free Samsung Galaxy notebook for every student in Thailand".

Just like Yingluck!

17 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

She is (BP 12:36).

I was responding to the topic heading.

Being in the UK I am six hours behind Thailand time.

I now note that she was nominated AND subsequently voted into the position of PM.😒

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

No experience and father will rule in the end behind the scenes.. That is not constitutional I think and should be stopped

A military coup is not constitutional either and there have been too many of them in the past.

Neither is tearing up and rewriting the constitution and rewriting a new one in your favour, constitutional either , but it happens.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

She didn't even have to endure the election selection. 

Just walked into the top job.

No hard graft to get there - just Daddy's little girl cronyism.

I bet Thai students can't wait for the old slogan,

"Free Samsung Galaxy notebook for every student in Thailand".

Just like Yingluck!

got me puzzled by what you mean "She didn't even have to endure the election selection. 

Just walked into the top job."

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chaspul said:

Impressive CV but shares in Telecom and Media? I think illegal..

Best she gets rid of soon as shares led to the downfall of Pita

Chas

OMG.....seriously.....does she?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Leader of Pheu Thai Party, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, daughter of Thailand's former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wave before press conference in Bangkok, Thailand, Thursday, Aug. 15, 2024. (AP Photo/Sakchai Lalit)

The Pheu Thai Party has announced that it will nominate Paetongtarn Shinawatra as its candidate for Prime Minister to succeed Srettha Thavisin, who was removed from office by the Constitutional Court on Wednesday.

Paetongtarn, 37, the youngest daughter of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, was elected as the Pheu Thai leader last October. If elected by parliament during a special session today (Friday), she would become Thailand's 31st and youngest-ever Prime Minister, the second female to hold the position, and the third Shinawatra family member to do so, following her father Thaksin and her aunt Yingluck Shinawatra.

The press conference announcing her nomination was attended by government coalition leaders who expressed their support, making her political future appear assured. "We are confident that we will work together to help the country move past its economic problems and advance into the future," Paetongtarn said, thanking both the public and the coalition government parties for their support.

Initially, a meeting of government whips at Thaksin’s residence had agreed to nominate Chaikasem Nitisiri, 76, as their candidate. However, a meeting of Pheu Thai MPs today decided to nominate Paetongtarn instead.

Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul also expressed his full support for Paetongtarn. "All the parties in the coalition government show their spirit in working together to ensure continuity in running the country," said Anutin, whose Bhumjaithai Party is the second biggest partner in the coalition. His endorsement is crucial.

Paetongtarn, nicknamed “Ung-ing,” was born in the United States on August 21st, 1986, to Thaksin and Potjaman Na Pombejra. She has a bachelor's degree in political science from Chulalongkorn University and a master's in international hotel management from the University of Surrey in England reported Thai PBS.

Before her political career, she was a major shareholder in SC Asset Corporation and held shares in around 20 other companies in real estate, telecom, and media sectors. She has experience as the chief executive of Rende Development Co. Ltd.

Married to airline pilot Pidok Sooksawas, with whom she has two children, Paetongtarn was recently appointed as deputy chair of two national committees, on soft power strategy and public health system development, under Srettha’s government.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-16

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Anyone shocked????? Right daddy who do you want me to pay off first???

2 hours ago, Chaspul said:

Impressive CV but shares in Telecom and Media? I think illegal..

Best she gets rid of soon as shares led to the downfall of Pita

Chas

The article i read said she HAD  shares  which means in the past not now