Thailand's Newly Elected Female PM: Paetongtarn Shinawatra Vows Dedication

8 minutes ago, john donson said:

the big steal can resume

It never stopped. The mechanisms were already in place. 

A mere inconvenience not being in total control, but that appears now to have been rectified. 

How the hell can a convicted criminal run the country the daughter will have zero say as they won’t be her policies but those of her fathers .can only think there are some high ranking military officers with steam coming out of their nostrils having to put up with her father who appears to be the second most powerful individual in the Kingdom running the show !

• Like 1

For the sake of the cou try i wish her the best. But i fear in a coalition givernment containing royalist, and with her father due to appear on LM charges poor bubbles is going to find herself stuck between a rock and a hard opace very,very soon. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's newly elected Prime Minister, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, delivered an emotional speech on Friday, expressing deep gratitude to the representatives who supported her.

Puppet.

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

And I'll give the members of aseannow who have nothing constructive to do, hours of entertainment each and everyday. 

For once I'm glad I'm only a guest here...

• Haha 2

A troll post with a trolling reference toward Trump has been removed:

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

54 minutes ago, jonclark said:

For the sake of the cou try i wish her the best. But i fear in a coalition givernment containing royalist, and with her father due to appear on LM charges poor bubbles is going to find herself stuck between a rock and a hard opace very,very soon. 

It seems you are not well informed about Thakin's relations at the highest level.

7 hours ago, JoePai said:

Can almost read her mind : what the <deleted> am I doing here ???

Incorrect, she will be saying hey Dad , this stress was not in the grand plan made in Dubai.

Gotta say one thing about Thai politics, it sure does move fast. The leader is out on weds, new leader on friday, no messing around. For better or worse I would like my goofy country (USA) to take a lesson here. Between our nominating process and election then turn over, it takes about a year and a half which is ridiculous.

Edited by Trippy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

The big steal never stopped after Thaksin was ousted, nor did it start when he was elected.

Not the best defence thought tbh. Even though factually true. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyblock token said:

congratulation to the Kingdom of Thailand

a great choice for a bright future.

very happy now for the people in Thailand

I think history will be judge of those sentiments.  Pita was and is a far better choice in all areas. Intelligence, gravitas, charisma, leadership, vision and ease on the eye. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Thailand's Prime Minister-designate Paetongtarn Shinawatra, with members of Pheu Thai party, gestures to reporters during a press conference at Pheu Thai party headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand, Friday, Aug. 16, 2024. (AP Photo/Wason Wanichakorn)

Thailand's newly elected Prime Minister, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, delivered an emotional speech on Friday, expressing deep gratitude to the representatives who supported her.

At 37, Paetongtarn has been elected as Thailand's 31st Prime Minister, securing majority support from the House of Representatives.

She thus becomes the country's youngest and second female leader. During her heartfelt speech, Paetongtarn expressed thanks to everyone who voted for her, pledging that she and her team would work tirelessly to fulfill their duties.

She also acknowledged the efforts of former Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, promising to continue working for the Thai people.

Srettha was dismissed on Wednesday following a Constitutional Court ruling that he had breached ethics rules in a Cabinet appointment.

Touching on her future plans, Paetongtarn said she would wait for the royal endorsement before discussing specific policies. In a lighter moment, she shared a FaceTime call with her father, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who encouraged her to work hard.

Addressing the expectations and pressures of her new role, Paetongtarn emphasized the strength of her team and her clear drive. She declined to comment on potential ministerial positions until after receiving the royal endorsement.

Despite expressing disappointment over the recent Constitutional Court ruling that led to Srettha's dismissal, Paetongtarn vowed to move forward for the country and her party. 

Paetongtarn concluded by reaffirming her commitment to serving Thailand, stating, “I will do my best every day. We face many challenges, but I am confident we can overcome them.”

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-17

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Yeah for sure. Dedicated to pardon Daddy 😤

9 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Thaskin is Still a convicted Felon with a record and can not hold a position in government

Now granted a royal pardon, so no longer a convicted felon, ever though we all know what he is. 

Thailand's Newly Elected Female PM: Paetongtarn Shinawatra Vows Dedication

Dedication to the Rich!
Dedication to the Wealthy!
Dedication to the Haves!
Dedication to the Connected!
Dedication to the Powerful!
Dedication to Political Friends!
Dedication to Corporate Stakeholders!

And Dedication to Austerity for the Commoners and the little-people.

Happiness to the friends of the Shinawatra clan.  For everyone else?  "Let them eat cake bugs."

11 hours ago, webfact said:

During her heartfelt speech, Paetongtarn expressed thanks to everyone who voted for her

Show me one Thai commoner who was given the opportunity to vote for her?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

How the hell can a convicted criminal run the country the daughter will have zero say as they won’t be her policies but those of her fathers .can only think there are some high ranking military officers with steam coming out of their nostrils having to put up with her father who appears to be the second most powerful individual in the Kingdom running the show !

The people running the country worship money, and desire power and wealth over and above all else. 

Many ordinary people in Thailand are no different.

Same as the left-wing loonies running the UK are reflective of a large part of the population there.