So why do you use cannabis ?

So there I am sitting around a table at a local bar with other expats at our weekly get together .

I noticed that several of the other expats were puffing away at electronic cigarettes  , when I asked had they stopped smoking real tobacco cigarettes , every one puffing away at their electronic cigarettes smiled and said that their electronic cigarettes were filled with cannabis.

Now Ive never used cannabis , so I asked what using their cannabis filled electronic cigarettes did for them . The majority said that using their electronic cigarettes filled with cannabis , made them feel happy and in some cases relived anxiety and stress. 

So that got me wondering .

So what is the reason you use cannabis , is it to make you feel more happy or help you relax or reduce anxiety and possible stress related situations. Or do you use cannabis for a medical issue or some other reason .

Tom

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, bangadang said:

It can be helpful for sleep

Thats interesting , when I go to sleep at night time , my mind always seems to be in 1st gear and racing away thinking about so many things and it makes getting off to sleep very difficult   After seeing this comment that cannabis can be helpful for sleep , I'm now wondering if there's any cannabis type product that I can take , to help me get a better nights sleep . I have never smoked cigarettes ,

Any thoughts , suggestions or recommendations Please.

Tom

I smoke cannabis – Sativa – in mindfully measured micro-doses in order to encourage Exercise and thus restore my health. 

I am 74 years old, and aging tends to make one chronically achy, fatigued, and lazy.  I  have long suffered from Fibromyalgia and, more recently, from crippling Sciatica pain from lumbar disc herniations.  (I refuse to take narcotic pain-killers, since they tend to be addictive and dumbing.) 

But a micro-dose of two tokes of good, strong THC Sativa, and it makes me Move, to get off my lazy butt and work out.  The Tai Chi sessions immediately after are unparalleled for mindfully exploring all my aged muscles-joints' sore spots, working them out carefully and comprehensively.  The follow-up stretching, yoga and mild calisthenics get me ready to move out – primarily long marches and stair climbing, often with hand weights.  Excelsior! 

Thank you, Thailand, for allowing me to use this fine Medicine. 

-Zenwind. 

I have written previously on this matter on this forum over a year ago: 

Edited by Zenwind

On 8/27/2024 at 1:45 PM, tomgreen said:

Thats interesting , when I go to sleep at night time , my mind always seems to be in 1st gear and racing away thinking about so many things and it makes getting off to sleep very difficult   After seeing this comment that cannabis can be helpful for sleep , I'm now wondering if there's any cannabis type product that I can take , to help me get a better nights sleep . I have never smoked cigarettes ,

Any thoughts , suggestions or recommendations Please.

Tom

Cheese on toast is probably easiest.

Cook your toast, put the grated cheese on top, sprinkle 0.5gm of high THC indica cannabis, and grill as slowly as you can. Takes 30-45 mins after eating for the effect to work.

I do mine with pizza, totally knocks me out.

Edited by BritManToo

I don't bother with the stuff.

I find after quitting alcohol, which I do every year for 3 or 4 months, (sometimes longer) that after a week, I sleep very well, without any need for stimulants.

• Like 1