Woman Rides Electric Suitcase While Using Phone on Busy Bangkok Road

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No the answer would be to make the footpaths usable, but not for restaurants/bars/putting plant pots/food vendors. very high curbs and no ramps, it's supposed to be a family friendly place, yet if you have kids in a buggy/pushchair you have to walk in the road. Blame the authorities not the disabled. One day you could become disabled.   

Omg, blame someone else solution. 

I'm blaming the elderly foreigner riding his illegal disability scooter on the public road blocking my path, causing a traffic hazard, getting in the way of me taking my children to school. 

These guys are a nuisance. 

The footpaths have always been unusable, these unusable footprints were here long before we arrived. 

The solution is for these guys to drive a legal, road registered vehicle. 

You'll find most of the guys are not disabled, they ride these illegal vehicles because they are CHEAP 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

So breaking the law is the answer? 

Annoying other legal roads users is the solution. 

Sounds like a very selfish attitude from someone who's been living in Thailand for too long. 

You are the selfish one, how can you not see that, try not to get hit buy a vehicle, when staggering home, after your early morning drinking sessions, you could end up in a wheelchair.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You are the selfish one, how can you not see that, try not to get hit buy a vehicle, when staggering home, after your early morning drinking sessions, you could end up in a wheelchair.

You are clueless.

I'm not inconveniencing anyone or doing anything illegal or improper, yet you call me names and reply with hostility. 

Typical reply from grumpy old man's foreigners forum. 

I pay all my taxes and insurances, I don't expect a traffic jam from an elderly guy riding his unregistered disability scooter because it's cheap mode of transport, not paying road taxes and insurances and most likely charging his vehicle from his condominiums common property electrical outlets. 

Each year I pay ten's of thousands of baht to government and insurance companies to travel legally. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The police said according to the Vehicles Act and Road Traffic Act of 1979, a suitcase is not considered a vehicle and therefore cannot be registered as one and legally used on public roads.

Using a non-vehicle on a public road is also considered “blocking the traffic”, in violation of the Road Traffic Act, police also said.

The traffic police said investigations revealed that the woman in the video was a Chinese tourist who has already left the country.

Not that I think they would enforce any laws/rules here anyway, but I see a lot of off-road only motorcycles here, are they legal on Thai roads? Can you even register one? Because I see them all the time here with no license plates on them.

27 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You'll find most of the guys are not disabled, they ride these illegal vehicles because they are CHEAP. 

Most are charging these vehicles from common area electrical outlets from their condominiums. 

I have nothing against the disabled.

Most of these people are not disabled, once they get to their destination, shopping centre etc. they walk without any aid or frame/walking stick, they are too cheap to buy proper legal transport 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

I read somewhere that those ride on suitcases are banned from flights due to the large lithium batteries that power them.

Maybe it was another stupid ploy to get views on social media.

The taxi mafia certainly won't want that catching on.

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I read somewhere that those ride on suitcases are banned from flights due to the large lithium batteries that power them.

These are carry-on suitcases. I believe checking in a bag with a lithium battery above a certain capacity is not allowed. According to aviation regulations, lithium batteries with a capacity over 100 watt-hours are generally restricted from checked baggage due to fire risk. Batteries between 100 and 160 watt-hours may require airline approval, and anything above that is typically prohibited from being checked in. This is why lithium batteries are usually required to be in carry-on luggage where they can be more easily monitored.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, phetphet said:

do you see her flying ...........................

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, racket said:

this isn’t any wilder than seeing four people on a motorbike speeding down the road.

Disagree.

Motorbikes have brakes, lights and indicators.

People may not be using them, but they are there.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

social media platform X sparked outrage and concern over road safety. The video shows a woman riding an electric suitcase

This article should be removed, it will encouraging poor behaviour from some here.

I can see some our foreigners here in Pattaya trading in their disability scooters for an EV suitcase. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

In Pattaya we have the elderly foreigners riding their disability scooters on public roads being a nuisance. 

Disability scooters are not considered a vehicle and can not be registered but we still see these foolish foreigners everyday on our roads. 

"Stop being mean about this Asian just because she's riding a non-road vehicle on the road and putting herself and everyone else in danger, she's not doing anything wrong.  You should be worried about the non-Asians riding non-road vehicles on the road and putting themselves and everyone else in danger, they're doing something really wrong!"

Think about it... 😉

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The police said according to the Vehicles Act and Road Traffic Act of 1979, a suitcase is not considered a vehicle and therefore cannot be registered as one and legally used on public roads.

Using a non-vehicle on a public road is also considered “blocking the traffic”, in violation of the Road Traffic Act, police also said.

The traffic police said investigations revealed that the woman in the video was a Chinese tourist who has already left the country.

That suitcase really gets some milage out of one charge!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1