Pattaya Pushes Forward as a HUB for the Film Industry and to Become a City of Film

webfact

how does a "film industry" attract tourists exactly?

film industry means film studios, doesn't it? so it has nothing to do with tourism.

I dont get it. 

how do they start these meetings? anybody got any half-baked ideas on how to attract tourists?

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

Headline HAD to use one of our fave trigger word, "hub," and even CAPITALIZE it, for the anticipated flood of sneers, buzzard droppings, and page views--in essence, trolling the meeting to whip up more trolling.

The article merely states a modest, reasonable aspiration:

This initiative is part of Pattaya’s ongoing efforts to enhance its movie and film industry and drive tourism.

As it happens, Pattaya does already seem to have some appeal to the film industry. Might as well try to take further advantage.

The Pattaya News notes that the current number one movie in Thailand on Netflix is Love You to Debt, a romantic drama with action elements entirely set in Pattaya.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

As it happens, Pattaya does already seem to have some appeal to the film industry. Might as well try to take further advantage.

Let the muppets complain. That is all they have in their lives.

Based on a sad narrative, not the real world. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have written a book of short stories set in Pattaya (which sell in US/UK/Aus/India/Canada.) 

I have converted six into TV scripts. 

I have written to three agents in Thailand. 

I have received no replies.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

After discussing the achievements and suggestions, the attendees assigned relevant agencies to drive film-related activities for the upcoming year of 2025. This initiative is part of Pattaya’s ongoing efforts to enhance its movie and film industry and drive tourism.

Invite more JAV girls over and give them a work permit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

I have written a book of short stories set in Pattaya (which sell in US/UK/Aus/India/Canada.) 

I have converted six into TV scripts. 

I have written to three agents in Thailand. 

I have received no replies.

Did you place a tip in the appendix?

I have a great idea for a script, based on Abba's "Mama Mia" (which I never saw, couldn't even get through the "coming attractions.")

A Thai working girl has a long list of farang boyfriends who send her $$$ so she won't have sell herself.  And of course each punter thinks he's the only one.  Then she gets emails from each telling her they will arrive soon and it will be so much fun etc.  The bulk of the movie will be Nit running around Pattaya servicing these 12 guys every day.  One guy she only met once, two years previous, and she gets another gal to claim to be her to service him.

A madcap romp, fun for the whole family, etc.  Mr Spielberg, get out that checkbook!

"Miss you already!"

21 hours ago, save the frogs said:

film industry means film studios, doesn't it? so it has nothing to do with tourism.

Makes me think of great closures of the roads and inconvenience. Some Tom Cruise film closed down Manhattan in NYC for hours, I am sure the regular folks enjoyed that!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Makes me think of great closures of the roads and inconvenience. Some Tom Cruise film closed down Manhattan in NYC for hours, I am sure the regular folks enjoyed that!

I dont think anyone travels to another city let alone another country to go visit a film set.

only locals loiter around film sets if they happen to live there. 

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

I dont think anyone travels to another city let alone another country to go visit a film set.

only locals loiter around film sets if they happen to live there. 

I did have a pal get involved as a crowd extra which made his day.... and yes, he lives here!

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I did have a pal get involved as a crowd extra which made his day.... and yes, he lives here!

i was an extra once in a film

got paid peanuts. 

have to sit around all day waiting for the main actor

what was her name? was so long ago, cant even remember. hot hollywood actress, but barely even got a glimpse of her.

stupid gig. get a real job. 

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

i was an extra once in a film

got paid peanuts. 

have to sit around all day waiting for the main actor

what was her name? was so long ago, cant even remember. hot hollywood actress, but barely even got a glimpse of her.

stupid gig. get a real job. 

Well in this case it was an older retired person so most of your comment off base. He said he had to hang about a good bit and in this climate not my idea of worthwhile for a few thousand baht. 

• Thumbs Up 1