Class Reunion.

3 minutes ago, swissie said:

Last time I saw my "classmates" was over 50 years ago. I spent my time mostly overseas and when I was in my home country, I was just too busy to attend "class reunions".

Last week, I managed to attend my first "class reunion" ever. I knew that all of us are over 70 years old by now.

Soon had to realise, that a third had dyed in the meantime. Facial recognition very hard after all this time, names helped me to know who is who.

The "boys of yesteryear" a bit wrinkled and old, but still engulfed by an aura of "I am old and wise and still looking like a human being, therefore I am ok".

The "girls of yesteryear" is another story. When they were young, they had the power of selecting between paupers or millionaires. Offering "sexual-nirvana" as a weapon to pursue their goals. Us boys chased them back then, thursting for "sexual reward".

As seen on my "class reunion" recently, yesterdays beautiful girls are now old disfigured monsters. Ugly beyound description and comprehention. How can nature be so cruel, especially towards European women?

Conclusion: The "Gods" favor females in their younger years, favoring men in their older years. The scales are balanced out. In the end. 

Women turn bad after 50.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Women turn bad after 50.

European women don't turn "bad", they get "ugly" by any standart. No form of "natural decay" is more illustrated as by the curse of aging women. Decay is the destiny of all life and living things.

But to display this in form of "diminishing female attractiveness" is devastating. The God's don't like us. Especially not females.

• Like 1

Age is cruel to everyone, even if you spend a lifetime taking good care of yourself. Women always look at themselves as less than they are (besides the narcissists), and men tend to over exaggerate what they are and how they look. They're only kidding themselves, as everyone gets old and gray in time. A man with money can have a lot of beautiful women, but that's the reason they're with him unless he's also again, been taking very good care of himself all his years.

Edited by fredwiggy

50th class reunion was 2023, and since I didn't even attend the graduation ceremony back in 1973, having better things to do, its safe to assume, I didn't attend any of the reunions.

As stranger things happen, my last job @ NWA, and I ended up working with 4 alumni of our high school, 1 from my classes, and 2 other, sort known associates at the time also, since dippy hippies.   The other, an in law to my present GF while working there.  

Small world as paths cross decades later.   Then retired here, and in Udon Thani, met ex NWA employee, and a good friendship developed.

I used to notice this in my last job. Although our shift had a pub crawl every now and then, it was always just the people I worked with, never spouses. Come the Christmas do, in which spouses were invited, I was gobsmacked to see all the guys I worked with turn up with little fat old ladies. I don't know if working close to these guys for long periods made them appear younger than they were, but they genuinely looked to me to be younger and in better shape than their wives. I would therefore have to agree with the OP.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Age can be very cruel for women, it can be humbling for men but I agree we do age a lot better, and society tends to judge us less harshly.

I have a friend who I met when she was about 30, she's from the Czech Republic, she used to be a gymnast, and she was very pretty, and had a great body, and she used it to great effect and was accustomed to being the center of attention in any room she walked into. She's now in her 50s and having a very difficult time coping with the fact that her beauty is gone, and her center of power is completely lost, it is quite an amusing thing to witness. 

Ivana held up pretty good. At least twice a year for 20 years to the Czech Republic to our Sister City in Moravia. And a special friend there but … have to agree even Czech beauty fades. Ha! But now married to a Thai girl 26 years younger than I. All need to keep in mind, not a 26 year old as I am ancient.

Edited by wwest5829

14 hours ago, swissie said:

beautiful girls are now old disfigured monsters. Ugly beyound description and comprehention. How can nature be so cruel, especially towards European women?

That's Karma for what the did when they were Young to the Boys  being Sex Magnets. and playing Hard to Get/Give in.  😜

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My classmates were, in the main, horrible gits, of whom I was thankful that I never had to see ever again.

I never went to any reunion, not my thing and I generally agree to your point.  Too many a-holes or small minds, and doubt they've changed.  But, last time I swung by that part of the world I made the effort to find and contact some of the more normal kids I remembered.  In the end it was 2 women, 1 guy.  

The guy?  Took us less than 2 mins to get back into the general piss taking and laughter that we always did.  Bloody marvellous.  Tons of history and stories to get through.

Both ladies, one is married to the guy above, the other I met a different night.  At school on a scale of 10 I'd say they were both a 7.  Bearing in mind our ages?  They are still both at that level.  They've aged well, looked after themselves, had families, but enjoyed life.  With none of the school time hormone fuelled BS we all got on really well.  Not "that" well, they are both married and faithful of course.  That, and the fact I was probably a 3 or 4...  Or lower.  😇

Really happy I made some effort, well worth it.

Still not going to a general reunion though.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Age can be cruel to women. 

c687f07961242265cb69378cc58cdbe3.jpg

young-sophia-loren-alongside-older-sophia-loren.jpg

b68cb5c12eba59579dd396b7a02147ec.jpg

I wouldn't be upset to step out with Sophia.  Not so sure about the professionally sculpted top photos.  Still would be fascinating to have a chat though. 

• Agree 2

When I went to a class reunion, I could only recognize one person. Most seemed to know me. i just could not connect their faces with the names I knew.

I can remember being amused by one guy who claimed to have a Ph.D. in fine mathematics, when I knew he had done a few years in pokey for embezzlement.

I decided reunions were not for me, never went back again.

I went to one after HS, but after that I was done.

Lots of folks either bragging or justifying their life choices

I keep in contact with 2, who I would consider close friends, but going to some shindig with folks I probably barely knew or actively disliked, I don't think so!

Now my college buddies, we don't do a formal thing , but we do a zoom thing every now and again .

We're scatted across the globe.

But those tortuous days back in Berkeley studying in to the middle of the night still seems to bond us together

And at our age nobody has anything to prove.

We've done our stuff and it's done

Edited by GinBoy2

1 hour ago, Watawattana said:

I wouldn't be upset to step out with Sophia.  Not so sure about the professionally sculpted top photos.  Still would be fascinating to have a chat though. 

Of course. She is beyond a legend. She is a Goddess. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, jvs said:

I never even went to pick-up my high school diploma,did my final exam and never went back.

I did pick up mine, at start of following school year.  Still have it in a box, somewhere here, along with a bunch of other 'memorabilia' :cheesy:

Even have every final report card from every grade, I think.   Love the last one, absenteeism - 40 days :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, swissie said:

Last time I saw my "classmates" was over 50 years ago. I spent my time mostly overseas and when I was in my home country, I was just too busy to attend "class reunions".

Last week, I managed to attend my first "class reunion" ever. I knew that all of us are over 70 years old by now.

Soon had to realise, that a third had dyed in the meantime. Facial recognition very hard after all this time, names helped me to know who is who.

The "boys of yesteryear" a bit wrinkled and old, but still engulfed by an aura of "I am old and wise and still looking like a human being, therefore I am ok".

The "girls of yesteryear" is another story. When they were young, they had the power of selecting between paupers or millionaires. Offering "sexual-nirvana" as a weapon to pursue their goals. Us boys chased them back then, thursting for "sexual reward".

As seen on my "class reunion" recently, yesterdays beautiful girls are now old disfigured monsters. Ugly beyound description and comprehention. How can nature be so cruel, especially towards European women?

Conclusion: The "Gods" favor females in their younger years, favoring men in their older years. The scales are balanced out. In the end. 

You get a 100 percent thumbs up from me. The girls I lusted after in High School are now wrinkled hags with more rolls than a Jewish Deli. Hey, remember me, the guy ya wouldnt bang 'cuz I was an unpopular nerd? Sorry my offer is withdrawn, you now look like what I pooped out after a chili and psyllium dinner.

Its a shame you could not relate to the old times and memories you had, to share with us

Then you were little more than children.

It isn't very nice to think now, more about how ugly they are rather than what happened to some of them during the previous 50 years!

Now all of you have had a long life - everyone of them and you have changed from how you all looked; what they may have aspired to do; to wonder about the great diversity of you all compared with the similarities of school life!  You are all effectively strangers.

I am in contact with two of my school mates from 65 years ago - we remember each other and a couple of experiences between us that we can reminisce on.

Edited by ChrisKC
added comment

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could just be that your old School/ class didn't invite you to School reunions ?

A decade ago now, I flew home (~5000nm) to a year 7, 50th year class reunion...ie 2013 (no wives or gfs allowed ).

It was a long haul from Hong Kong back then but was forceably talked into it.

So we were all, that night 63 years old.

Thank goodness for name tags, but as other have commented, apart from being a bit grayer,balding and/or slightly overweight (me only graying ) I could recognize most of the (remaining....a few MIA) guys, but the "girls" were a bit more challenging !

One or two of those, we, as 12yo boys, had lusted over back then had degraded to the 3/10 category, and one or two who had been quiet and sheepishly, reserved were now raging.

Quite a shock and an eye opener

But overall a great experience and well worth the journey.

It'll probably never happen again as we are all now in our seventies, but glad it did for we baby boomers back in 2013

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yagoda said:

You get a 100 percent thumbs up from me. The girls I lusted after in High School are now wrinkled hags with more rolls than a Jewish Deli. Hey, remember me, the guy ya wouldnt bang 'cuz I was an unpopular nerd? Sorry my offer is withdrawn, you now look like what I pooped out after a chili and psyllium dinner.

What would really piss the "girls" off is if you turn up at the reunion with your beautiful Thai wife 20-30 years younger than you.

• Haha 2

I think there are two factors.  1, men and women are about 10-20 years apart in terms of when they peak in eligibility.  2, they're also about 10-20 years apart when it comes to aging.

A man at 18 has potential, but is not super attractive as a long-term romantic partner.  He needs to work hard to achieve this.  A woman at 18 is almost peak attractiveness as a long-term partner.  She needs to work hard to maintain this.

Men are probably peaking at 30-40, in terms of attractiveness as a long-term partner, while women have already lost a lot of attractiveness by this age.

This is why it seems so natural that men should find younger women attractive, while women find older men attractive.

In terms of aging, while a woman will begin to look very old by her 50s, a man will still look OK.  But once a man reaches 70, he's probably going to be showing his age also.

I think that one of the problems with relationships in the modern West, is that while there was this kind of imbalance, there was a kind of deal where if the women was chaste, the guy stayed with her forever, even when she was old and unattractive while he was still fairly eligible.  Now that women want to sleep around until their 30s, men are losing interest.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I think there are two factors.  1, men and women are about 10-20 years apart in terms of when they peak in eligibility.  2, they're also about 10-20 years apart when it comes to aging.

A man at 18 has potential, but is not super attractive as a long-term romantic partner.  He needs to work hard to achieve this.  A woman at 18 is almost peak attractiveness as a long-term partner.  She needs to work hard to maintain this.

Men are probably peaking at 30-40, in terms of attractiveness as a long-term partner, while women have already lost a lot of attractiveness by this age.

This is why it seems so natural that men should find younger women attractive, while women find older men attractive.

In terms of aging, while a woman will begin to look very old by her 50s, a man will still look OK.  But once a man reaches 70, he's probably going to be showing his age also.

I think that one of the problems with relationships in the modern West, is that while there was this kind of imbalance, there was a kind of deal where if the women was chaste, the guy stayed with her forever, even when she was old and unattractive while he was still fairly eligible.  Now that women want to sleep around until their 30s, men are losing interest.