About the high class hotels

georgegeorgia

The Hotel Baraquda on Second & Soi Post Office isn't quite 5-star, but the service is great, polite wait staff, awesome breakfast menu, great pool and a quick walk from just about anywhere.

heetontoo.thumb.jpeg.6785bdebb34bb939df30843ab971f9d4.jpeg

The rooms are great, all with a pool view, but the suites are really something special. The jacuzzi is big enough for two ladyboys.

heeton.thumb.jpeg.18b73087ca585112680c49e5744bbbaf.jpeg

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 9/8/2024 at 9:24 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I have never stayed in a high class hotel in Pattaya before 

Probably because I'm not rich I'm very poor old man forced to work like a slave mopping hospital floors for the last 30 years 

So I'm back on long service leave next month 

Now please guys tell me about high class hotels in Pattaya 

I would like to go to one for 2 nights to experience the difference ,I'm thinking I have not much time left with all my sicknesses that the doctor lies that I don't have , once I get worse I will go back to them they were wrong ,but that's another story 

Hilton ? Would that be the best ?

I would like someone to tuck me into bed yes I said tuck ,,is that what you call  a turn down service?

Moaning about 6 weeks of imprisonment there for months and then going back.

Go riding the Manila public transport.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Try other cities. Hated it last time wants to go back.

You and George should be bosom buddies. With your Thai knowledge you should pick him up at Suwanabhum and show him around. Show him the ropes. Start in Pattaya, then hit all your top spots susanlea. 

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2024 at 10:39 AM, Lacessit said:

I have stayed in high class hotels, when I was traveling on the company dime. I would not spend my own money on them, I'd regard it as wasted.

All the OP has to do is look online for something with 5 stars.

What one gets is a full minibar with exorbitant prices, restaurant room service, plush towels and expensive furniture.

Read the Google reviews carefully. I once stayed at a Sheraton in New York that was a sh!thole.

Sheraton is now at the low end of the Marriott  brands. And the Sheratons in Manhattan have been depressing, and poor value for at least the past 25 years. It's been a brand in decay for at least a decade.

This thread is a BS exercise. No one offers tuck in service. Who in their right mind even wants  to see housekeeping when they are around? There are no luxury hotels in Pattaya. Luxury as in Four Seasons, Hong Kong's Mandarin Oriental, or some of the opulent  options in Dubai. At best there is Intercontinental and Dusit Thani.  Centara is  like a  Hilton.

I doubt that the OP can afford to spend 60,000 baht a night for a suite at the Intercontinental.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Sheraton is now at the low end of the Marriott  brands. And the Sheratons in Manhattan have been depressing, and poor value for at least the past 25 years. It's been a brand in decay for at least a decade.

This thread is a BS exercise. No one offers tuck in service. Who in their right mind even wants  to see housekeeping when they are around? There are no luxury hotels in Pattaya. Luxury as in Four Seasons, Hong Kong's Mandarin Oriental, or some of the opulent  options in Dubai. At best there is Intercontinental and Dusit Thani.  Centara is  like a  Hilton.

I doubt that the OP can afford to spend 60,000 baht a night for a suite at the Intercontinental.

After a while, when I was working, all the high-end hotels got to be the same. Expensive, and not really worth it.

I can remember my first trip to America, when I was still wet behind the ears. I landed in Dallas, asked the taxi driver to take me to the Hilton.

He responded "Which one?" I said "What do you mean, which one?" He replied "There's four of them in Dallas."

With the talk about tuck-ins and housekeeping, maybe the OP is hoping for a freebie with a hotel maid.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Grande Centre Point Space Pattaya is a 'great escape' for a few days, off North Pattaya Rd - near Terminal 21, once on site no need to leave the property, peak season rooms can be 22k a night, midweek October I see they have specials rates around 11k down from normal midweek 17k. Treat yourself.

Not even beachfront in a seaside resort....

• Sad 1

I would not stay at the Hilton...too many guests who think it is okay to use the corridors as an extension to their family rooms.

Go on Booking.com and filter by price and stars......but read the reviews carefully.

On 9/9/2024 at 12:39 AM, Lacessit said:

I have stayed in high class hotels, when I was traveling on the company dime. I would not spend my own money on them, I'd regard it as wasted.

All the OP has to do is look online for something with 5 stars.

What one gets is a full minibar with exorbitant prices, restaurant room service, plush towels and expensive furniture.

Read the Google reviews carefully. I once stayed at a Sheraton in New York that was a sh!thole.

I wouln't get too exited about 5 stars hotels .there are plenty of 4 star ones that are cheaper and better. You have to do your research.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

I wouln't get too exited about 5 stars hotels .there are plenty of 4 star ones that are cheaper and better. You have to do your research.

Good point....... 3* hotels are way above, say, UK 3* hotels, in their standards of service etc.

My choice too: "Hong Kong's Mandarin Oriental".

Not to stay but go to see nice limousines!

In '70 they had 20+ Mercedes 600 Pullmans (like Pope had) at front.

Then they down graded to Rolls Royces...

Now MB again;

"About Mercedes-Maybach S600
For over 97 years, Mercedes-Maybach’s factory takes the leading position of sumptuous
limos. This luxury limo is not just a stretched S-class with a Maybach badge—it’s far more
lavish than that ordinary sedan. A 530-hp, 6.0-litre twin-turbo V-12 provides effortless
motivation while passengers enjoy hot-stone massage and leather recliners. Touted as the
world’s quietest car and with a standard Burmester audio system, the Mercedes-Maybach S
600 is a rolling concert hall as well. And forget that new-car smell—the air-filtration
system infuses the cabin with the Maybach’s own signature fragrance."

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Staying 3* rather than 5* certainly helps fund the rest of the entertainment costs.

I never look at star ratings as they mean nothing in Thailand. Just look reviews, price,  photos and location. I have stayed in 4 star hotels that were no better than 2 star. Bit of a joke really. The most things are size, shower quality, price, breakfast and location.

• Agree 1

Just now, maesariang said:

I never look at star ratings as they mean nothing in Thailand. Just look reviews, price,  photos and location. I have stayed in 4 star hotels that were no better than 2 star. Bit of a joke really. The most things are size, shower quality, price, breakfast and location.

We stay in the same hotels when we visit Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin......we even specify the room number.....better the devil you know.

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

We stay in the same hotels when we visit Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin......we even specify the room number.....better the devil you know.

Fair call. I usually get quiet rooms down the end. The weirdest room i had was on the top floor and the lift ran 1 short followed by a long walk plus stairs. Then it rained all night couldnt sleep.

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

Fair call. I usually get quiet rooms down the end. The weirdest room i had was on the top floor and the lift ran 1 short followed by a long walk plus stairs. Then it rained all night couldnt sleep.

If it's a new hotel I always specify second floor, end of corridor.

Apparently, your chances of surviving a fire, if you stay on the fourth floor upwards, diminish rapidly.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which part of high-class hotels do you like or what is important for you?

Personally, I love great breakfast buffets. And those don't exist in many hotels.

For the room, it shouldn't be bad, but I don't need all marble and all that.

So, for me a good hotel is a good hotel which is near to a great hotel with a great breakfast buffet.

The whole point of staying in expensive hotels is to avoid low class people. 

Unfortunately these days there are far too many low class people who make good money and ruin quality places.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

The whole point of staying in expensive hotels is to avoid low class people. 

Unfortunately these days there are far too many low class people who make good money and ruin quality places.

Go to places low class people don't go.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which part of high-class hotels do you like or what is important for you?

Personally, I love great breakfast buffets. And those don't exist in many hotels.

For the room, it shouldn't be bad, but I don't need all marble and all that.

So, for me a good hotel is a good hotel which is near to a great hotel with a great breakfast buffet.

image.thumb.jpeg.dff145a61e9da13a23d0506a56e1b12c.jpeg

My measure of breakfast at any hotel is how well they can cook scrambled eggs.

The two best in Thailand were in Mae Hong Son and Udon Thani.

• Confused 1