How often do you get your ACs cleaned?

scubascuba3

Mine is 6 months old, so kinda due a clean but I'm slightly nervous about getting it cleaned. A well known company put gas in unnecessarily and on a later clean managed to cause a fault, so they are out for sure, can others be trusted?

In Pattaya

I do a mini clean once a fortnight , take filters off clean with air gun , spray water on condenser or whatever its called , then a/c cleaning foam leave for 20 - 30 mins. spray with water and leave to dry.

Put the filters back.

Only problem i have with outside contractors is the water pressure bending the fins in the condenser .

• Like 1

Depends how often the unit is used and how much dust and smoke particles it collects, I check the fins when the filters are cleaned. We use pre filter sheets, it keeps the ac’s pretty clean for an extended duration. It’s been three years since the last one was cleaned.

Have them all done annually... Complete spray clean and gas topup... Same local guy I've worked with for years... Never a problem... Accept once when one had a fault that turned out to be a gecko trying to mate with a motherboard... Not a pretty sight... ;-(...

I'm located in Chiang Mai...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mine is 6 months old, so kinda due a clean but I'm slightly nervous about getting it cleaned. A well known company put gas in unnecessarily and on a later clean managed to cause a fault, so they are out for sure, can others be trusted?

In Pattaya

Yeah, I guess it is a crap shoot.  Had mine cleaned recently one of them now makes a click click noise for about 15 mintues when I turn it on.  I called the cleaning company and they said it would eventually stop.  That was 2 months ago.

46 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Have them all done annually... Complete spray clean and gas topup... Same local guy I've worked with for years... Never a problem... Accept once when one had a fault that turned out to be a gecko trying to mate with a motherboard... Not a pretty sight... ;-(...

I'm located in Chiang Mai...

If they are filling up gas you have a leak, why haven't they fixed that?

Every three to four months.

As for replenishing the refrigerant, it is a scam! Unless they leak and empty within a couple of months, they retain 100% of the gas. This is the biggest domestic scam out there.

Edited by DualSportBiker
incomplete...