Paradise, anyone?

swissie

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just hanging around eating and drinking and fu$#$# might be exiting for some time. But all the time year after year?

It seems we humans need challenges. And when we "work hard" and have smart ideas and we have good results, that makes us happy.

This is indeed the case.

Nietzsche taught that it is the overcoming of obstacles which makes us happy. And only this really makes us happy. But even then this happiness is only fleeting, just like the sensual happiness of sex, food, massage etc..it does not last. Goethe was asked if he had been happy in his life. This great man, who had experienced more in his lifetime than most men in hundred, replied "Maybe four weeks ".

Ultimate happiness would be the absence of time. The absence of fleeting happness and transformation, but the presence of ever lasting bliss. Perhaps this is what awaits after death. Bill Hicks and other druggies told us we are all one with the universe, so do the mystics, and so do those who have had near death experiences.

It is very regrettable there won't be orgies and people speaking Korean. It's such a pleasant language.

There is wisdom in this though, because if you could experience  the permanent bliss of an MDMA high for an extended period your body would fail after a few days at most. Your mind would be gone as you go insane with love and lust if the body doesn't go after a few days. Our body was not built for happiness, nor is our mind.

Ultimately permanent bliss may be more satisfying than all the sensual pleasures. Who knows.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

45?

It's a wish list so why not 25?

I forgot to add to my list that marriage would be banned.

That's a fair point. But then my ex wife couldn't get in, out of respect and love for her I put it at 45, she still works out and is slim and fit. But not close to how spectacular she was at 19,  you have a point.

12 hours ago, swissie said:

After a rather unpleasant life on earth (for most people, especially having lived in a third world country), major Religions offer a better life after death. Commonly known as "paradise".

What should "paradise" be, according to your wishes, so that you would really feel unconditionally good in paradise? What would make "paradise" better than your life on earth?
Hamburgers for free? Free lodging? 72 female virgins awaiting your arrival? Talking to God over a cup of coffee?

Come on, what should paradise look like according to your wishes and hopes?

I never speculate on it. If it exists it is what it is and if it doesn't exist then no speculation will apply.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, swissie said:

Afraid that this would turn into a "afterlife" discussion. Please not.

The question remains: "What sort of paradise would suit you best"?

A serious question, as the 2 main religions promess a "paradise" after death.

In what sort of paradise would you like to end up?

By definition a "paradise" after death is after life isn't it?

How about Teleport?
Border runs with teleport under 5 minutes) That would be awesome.

Say hi to your family in UK/US/other country   in the morning and pop back in to Thailand 10 minutes later.

Ice skating on the Saturn rings would be nice.

Telepathy so that no one can lie and cheat. That would have massive effect on the everyday life.

No need for physical food, only if you want to taste something -> no job required -> no money - > complete freedom, go stay in the jungle if you want.

Transforming things with your mind, aka magic - niceeeeeeeee.
I want that

8 hours ago, swissie said:

Afraid that this would turn into a "afterlife" discussion. Please not.

The question remains: "What sort of paradise would suit you best"?

A serious question, as the 2 main religions promess a "paradise" after death.

In what sort of paradise would you like to end up?

"Where some have found their paradise 

Others just come to harm." - Joni Mitchell.

Dante said: The path to Paradise is through hell

he also said: "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

There is something about our experiences and the path to a better life, comes through hard work and understanding. Both physically and mentally. The realism in being happy in the moment is essential, but also being safe, and have something to rely on. Those few things leads to paradise whatever that is for each and one of you. 

Paradise for me, is to be able to constantly remake my situation for something different than what I previously thought was perfect. People seems to forget, at once you arrive paradise, it is not a paradise anymore, it becomes daily life. 

Edited by Hummin

9 minutes ago, proton said:

No dogs, insects, snakes or muslims would be a good start with endless free booze drugs with Thai music concerts going on and lots of dancers with no knickers on.

I do not understand why snakes is a problem for you. A metafophor? 

10 hours ago, Keeps said:

Was there life before we were born into this life? Does anyone remember anything of their time before being born? No.

It will be exactly the same when we die. Nothing. 

This is not a dress rehearsal for another life. This is it. So enjoy it while you can and give it your best shot. 

As the guru said, "get all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once".

• Thanks 1

An Eternal Paradise is Hell.

Paradise should have and Exit door, into the next Paradise.

And the next.

Which after awhile ... would be just another Hell, and another.

There is no Paradise imaginable.

Therefore, once born, we are ALL destined for Eternal Hell and Damnation...unless....

Unless Death IS Death.

Blackness...

Nothing.....

Entropy completely wound down to the final zero energy, zero matter state.

Only then, will we not be tortured, on a daily basis, almost forever...but....

NOT forever.

Never forever.

Nothing is forever.

The reason that nothing is forever is due to Entropy...

You see?

Even this comment will not last forever.

No matter how much I write, I can never write enough to make this comment go on....

FOREVER.

As I stated above....

There can be no Paradise, no matter what.....

You cannot even truly IMAGINE a Paradise, as I have already suggested, above......

This is why I hope that there are no little-green gods, or anything like them, in this world, or in "heaven", or in some nonexistent paradise....

Which cannot exist, anyway.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I do not understand why snakes is a problem for you. A metafophor? 

ugh the thought of them makes me shudder, woman down the road got one coiled round her last week for two hours

4 minutes ago, proton said:

ugh the thought of them makes me shudder, woman down the road got one coiled round her last week for two hours

I hope not you find yourself in the same situation as her. If that was her kitchen, then I do dear to think about the rest of her house.

Paradise would look something like this ....

... I'm healthy

... dog is healthy :cheesy:

... daughter is healthy

... wife is healthy

... living in custom built house, without immediate neighbors

... have toys to play with

... independent of govt

... house solar ESS topped up

... BEV car topped up

... E-MC topped up

... Ebike topped up

... live a few minutes from the surf

... live a few minutes from the hills

... retired, don't have a schedule, and don't need to be anywhere at anytime

OH WAIT ... i'm in paradise already

So paradise is a world where you got all the things you didnt have in earth life?

However depending on which time you live.

A neanderthaler would probably be happy with a lot of mammoths and a campfire, as there was nothing else and he didnt know anymore to wish for.

SO guess my paradise would be, being an untouchable  ghost haunting on earth, being able to make some changes.

Would they call me god then? :cheesy:

20 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

So paradise is a world where you got all the things you didnt have in earth life?

However depending on which time you live.

A neanderthaler would probably be happy with a lot of mammoths and a campfire, as there was nothing else and he didnt know anymore to wish for.

SO guess my paradise would be, being an untouchable  ghost haunting on earth, being able to make some changes.

Would they call me god then? :cheesy:

Hell and paradise is on earth, it is up to you, to create your paradise or hell. There is no afterlife, sorry

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

Paradise for me is :-

Warm climate

Cold beers 24/7

Spicy food

Pretty girls

No debts or mortgage

Good friends

and a great view every day

with my beautiful wife next to me.

Wait a minute.......

Mainsunsetqq.jpg.a487742b655b5788896c16639aceb1a1.jpg

Sadly, wifey passed away 8 years ago.

Still 7 out of 8 ain't bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

He'll and paradise is on earth, it is up to you, to create your paradise or he'll. There is no afterlife, sorry

Stronger, it is in any human and can be influenced.

After life, I dont know, see when time comes, no one knows.

Believers in a god say there is, but im not such a believer in a god.  

13 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Stronger, it is in any human and can be influenced.

After life, I dont know, see when time comes, no one knows.

Believers in a god say there is, but im not such a believer in a god.  

I'm not going to argue, from dust to dust, for sure, and our spirit? If there is one?