Thailand aims to eradicate poverty in two years

Evry year a one time handout of 10k??? Raie the salaries to a decent level of 600 THB a day or even better change from day wages to monthly salaries.... 15K a month for a 6 day working week all extra days off included... That is 500 a day for a full month.No matter how days off there are and working hours not more than 8 day. Far better than old fashion day wages.. And people can work on a daily base or parttime.. That is what in they do in the Western world too...There will be no problems..but keeping the people here poor is much worse by extra days off that don't need to be off ( substitute days)

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will never happen.  Need to fix corruption then there will be enough money to tackle this problem.  Without fixing corruption, chances of success in any form of poverty alleviation are minimal.  Elimination is fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Deserted said:

That's interesting, I wonder where she got that from. I distinctly remember Thaksin also saying he would eradicate poverty when he came to power but the time length was different. I believe he said 6 years not 2.

And he dragged millions out of it. 
credit where credit due.

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thailand aims to eradicate poverty in two years.....

.........and in two years my wife aims is to let me spend Saturday nights in Nana.

My money is the second sentence happening before the first one.

See you in Nana and we can give alms to the poor folk outside on the pavements.

She can do it the Xi Jin Ping way: put the poverty threshold at 40 baht a day, problem solved, "you are magically lifted out of poverty". 

For those wondering, the poverty threshold in China is about 9 yuan ($1.25) a day. 

Edited by elzach
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

My money is the second sentence happening before the first one.

See you in Nana and we can give alms to the poor folk outside on the pavements.

So looking forward to that.....555

42 minutes ago, elzach said:

She can do it the Xi Jin Ping way: put the poverty threshold at 40 baht a day, problem solved, "you are magically lifted out of poverty". 

For those wondering, the poverty threshold in China is about 9 yuan ($1.25) a day. 

Google is a thing (except in China).

In China today, poverty refers mainly to the rural poor. Decades of economic development has reduced urban extreme poverty.[1][2][3] According to the World Bank, more than 850 million Chinese people have been lifted out of extreme poverty; China's poverty rate fell from 88 percent in 1981 to 0.7 percent in 2015, as measured by the percentage of people living on the equivalent of US$1.90 or less per day in 2011 purchasing price parity terms,[4][5] which still stands in 2022.[6][7][8]

The Chinese definition of extreme poverty is more stringent than that of the World Bank: earning less than $2.30 a day at purchasing power parity (PPP).[9] Growth has fuelled a substantial increase in per-capita income lifting people out of extreme poverty. China's per capita income has increased fivefold between 1990 and 2000, from $200 to $1,000. Between 2000 and 2010, per capita income also rose at the same rate, from $1,000 to $5,000, moving China into the ranks of middle-income countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_China

• Thumbs Up 1

A noble aim for sure but I'm assigning it to the same category as fixing footpaths, burying cables/power lines, finishing railway lines (of several types) and flood/drought preparation...all have always had unrealistic and constantly missed schedules.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Will B Good said:

Get to the US and grab yourself a pussy......might bring you more luck?

No thanks not in a country where everyone has a fanny, and gives money and food to Bums. God help America 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha.  The government goal seems to be to keep the majority of the people down, poor and controlled with the never ending 3rd world wages.  

The first move should be give those who get off their arse and go to work a decent wage