Car recommendations

I test drove a BYD Sealion and was impressed.

i am looking for a car for the family - 2 adults and 2 small kids. Also would be nice to fit the grandparents when they visit from Europe but again this I know is not always.

we drive to school/work every day and then shopping or into Bangkok city center at weekends.

we drive to pattaya and rayong for getaways and Koh Chang etc.

can you recommend any suitable cars? Not more than a Million and I am open to electric if it’s a good option but I will want to sell it on when we leave Thailand. Will be putting down around 200K and financing the rest.

THANKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Yodarapper said:

I test drove a BYD Sealion and was impressed.

i am looking for a car for the family - 2 adults and 2 small kids. Also would be nice to fit the grandparents when they visit from Europe but again this I know is not always.

we drive to school/work every day and then shopping or into Bangkok city center at weekends.

we drive to pattaya and rayong for getaways and Koh Chang etc.

can you recommend any suitable cars? Not more than a Million and I am open to electric if it’s a good option but I will want to sell it on when we leave Thailand. Will be putting down around 200K and financing the rest.

THANKS!

On the EV front suggest you look at MG ZS EV currently on sale for B599K

trips from BKK to  pattaya, rayong and Koh Chang all possible without stopping to recharge

@KhunLA is the MG ZS EV expert on these forums

Its unlikely that there will be any further price reductions on the MG ZS EV as it due to be phased out within the next 6 months

it battery config is modular made up of 6 seperate batteries

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

On the EV front suggest you look at MG ZS EV currently on sale for B599K

trips from BKK to  pattaya, rayong and Koh Chang all possible without stopping to recharge

@KhunLA is the MG ZS EV expert on these forums

Its unlikely that there will be any further price reductions on the MG ZS EV as it due to be phased out within the next 6 months

it battery config is modular made up of 6 seperate batteries

Here's our experience with the MG ZS EV, (2022) coming up on 2 yrs / 35k kms.  We quite like it, and would definitely purchase it again.  We also had the ICE version for 2 yrs prior to the BEV version.  Safe to say, we really like, and fits our lifestyle, and my back, getting in & out of.  Lower sedans don't work for me, as would open up more options.

Main competitor at it's price point (MSRP) is the BYD ATTO 3, which my daughter has, along with a couple AN members, who all seem to enjoy it.  

They are spec'd almost identical, and I give the ZS a very slight edge (bias) over the Atto 3, mainly a more comfortable seat, for me.  Design wise, like the modular battery, if needing repair, can fix modules of, instead of replace the whole pack.

Whether that option will even be available after the warranty expires is a question mark, as may be discontinued.   Also the battery pack is encased in steel, so should avoid any damage from road hazards vs being encased in plastic.  Has one of the highest IP ratings against moisture & dust entering the battery pack.  An issue that popped up in previous model (2019), which they did have a fix for.

@Yodarapper discounted MG ZS EV price of 599k, to rid stock this year, is quite the bargain.   When leaving & selling, at that price point, can't see you losing much, if any.   Our 2 yr old has insured value of 840k now, and we need to renew the policy this moth.

New MSRP is 829k.  So 599k is one of,, if not the best bargain out there.  Highly recommend giving one a test drive.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1