Intermittent fasting

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I cooked my own food, essential. Counted carbs but not to the point of cult status. No bread, potatoes, pasta, rice and very few sugary fruits. No sugar. Use erythritol. Strawberries and star fruit petmissible.

Way to go, low carb. Basically what I do, but no erythritol. Monk fruit sweetener's useable, but the taste doesn't impress me enough to buy more of it.

I quit end of last year.

Oh. Well, it's downhill from there.

Since then I've put 7kg back on. But it was a great education and it taught me to take care of myself. That's all that really matters, GG. Taking care of yourself.

Yes you did. 'Course, the question is how to take of yourself and how to measure the results of doing so. What we really want to know is, how to take care of yourself w/o doing anything, or rather, doing whatever your impaired insulin sensitivity demands. We ain't gettin' any happy answers, however.   

On 10/24/2024 at 8:59 AM, KhunLA said:

You might want to try a darker roast coffee, as not as bitter, so don't need the sugar.   Although less caffeine, the darker the roast.

While darker roasts tend to have less caffeine, the notion that a darker roast is less bitter is utter <deleted>. 

roasting breaks down sugars and acids in the coffee resulting in a less complex often more bitter flavour