English Tourist Riding Wrong Way on Jomtien Beach Road Crashes into Parked Car

Georgealbert

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Tourist Riding Wrong Way on Jomtien Beach Road  

I ride along Jomtien Beach road every other day. 

I see foreigners riding in the wrong direction everyday I travel along this road. 

I expect to see the Thai's riding wrong way but find it strange seeing so many foreigners 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

A foreign tourist, allegedly heavily intoxicated, crashed his motorcycle into a parked car on Jomtien Beach Road, near Soi 1 in Pattaya, resulting in injuries and damage to both vehicles

That last drink is going to be very expensive.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I ride along Jomtien Beach road every other day. 

I see foreigners riding in the wrong direction everyday I travel along this road. 

I expect to see the Thai's riding wrong way but find it strange seeing so many foreigners 

Foreigners learn from Thais that any direction on any surface is the way of Thailand.  But you need Buddha

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_7201.jpeg

A foreign tourist, allegedly heavily intoxicated, crashed his motorcycle into a parked car on Jomtien Beach Road, near Soi 1 in Pattaya, resulting in injuries and damage to both vehicles.

The collision took place in the early hours of October 22. When rescue teams arrived they found a white Honda Click motorcycle, which had no license plate, severely damaged alongside a bronze Toyota Fortuner, that had sustained significant impact damage. The car was owned by 42-year-old Kriangsit Imchom.

The motorcyclist, identified as an English tourist, appeared to be heavily intoxicated and was without any form of identification. He suffered cuts and bruises to his body and face. After receiving first aid at the scene, he was immediately transported to a hospital for further treatment.

Kriangsit stated that he was preparing to drive off when the tourist, riding at high speed in the wrong direction, collided with the front of his SUV. He quickly contacted emergency services for assistance.

Police are reviewing CCTV from the area, as the investigation in the incident continues..

Police from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-23

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

Gotta be fake news…hahaha

17 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

After receiving first aid at the scene, he was immediately transported to a hospital for further treatment.

I hope he has money for the treatment.  BTW, they should check him for alcohol and drugs .

• Confused 1

Darwin was right. Some people have the skills to survive and thrive in this world some people simply do not. 

It is all about catching people performing moving violations. That is what causes most accidents. And herein lies the deterrent. As long as everyone is allowed to get away with extremely reckless driving, entering the highway in front of an oncoming vehicle that is only 100 meters away, going 100kph, cutting in front of vehicles within one meter at high speeds, swerving like crazy idiots all over the highway, trucks and 40 year old cars occupying the fast lane doing 40kph, when other vehicles are approaching doing 120kph, drunk driving, etc, accidents, major injuries and deaths will continue to happen, and no amount of rhetoric and platitudes by the fabulously incompetent and insincere authorities are going to make any difference.

The police are not here to protect you. They do not care one iota about your well being, your safety, or traffic safety. Expect that. Do not employ them, unless absolutely necessary.

If driving, especially on a motorbike, treat the activity as an act of war, in a sense that you may be mowed down or killed at any moment.

Maintain eyes in the back of your head. Watch everyone. Expect craziness, insanity, lack of reason, and a complete lack of courtesy and respect on the roads, at all times.

Expect cars and trucks and bikes to be coming at you in the wrong lane. Expect people to overtake you with the slimmest of margins. Expect stupidity and recklessness and you will likely avoid an accident. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

A troll comment breaking forum rules has been removed.

Rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Fatty Brit on the motorbike seems to have weathered this collision better than the Thai who was in the car.

We build them tough in England.

Tough and dumb!

Silly twit, another one who could have hit and maimed some innocent pedestrian!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Were in the article is that mentioned ?

It wasn’t.

But I was replying to Richard.

He blames sunglasses for these accidents when there is no mention of it in the article.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, AhFarangJa said:

Being a tourist He did not know that driving the wrong way while drunk is a reserved occupation for locals only. He lacked the neccesary skills to get away with it.

One would assume that even though a tourist... drivng on the wrong side of the road in his/her home country is also a bit of a no no so why do it here !

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

One would assume that even though a tourist... drivng on the wrong side of the road in his/her home country is also a bit of a no no so why do it here !

Agreed Ralf, I can only assume they fall into the lack of enforcement trap, the same as I see so many tourists riding without helmets, with flip flops, with sleeveless shirts, or no shirts. They seem to lose to reasoning of consequences, or they leave that thought at the airport on arrival.

• Agree 1