The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Charlton 2 - 4 Notts County (HT 0 - 4)

The scoreboard speaks for itself.

County have the Owls and the Blades to contend with in the next two games, both at Meadow Lane. Can they keep up the good form?

Great result for NC. As you say, both Sheffield teams will visit the club in the next few weeks. The club are on course for a play off position.

The Blades won 0-2 at Brentford after two defeats on the trot, still in 2nd with a game in hand over Wed.

Nail biting time of the season.

Mansfield Town 7-0 Barrow.

There's still a Conference (Premier League) about how the Stags managed that score line........ clap2.gif

Up the Stags ..................

Windrunk.gif

Dale beat Oldham 3-2.

Don't have owt else to say about it but it's just worth posting.

In fact I'll write it again.

Dale beat Oldham 3-2.

I'll re-quote it. It's probably the highlight of Rochdales season thus far. Going back down is looking highly likely.

Notts' good run came to an end against the Owls (1 - 2).

The Blades tomorrow night at the Lane.

Not very optimistic. The Sheffield clubs are strong for this league.

Midfielder Kevin Macdonald will hopefully return to the Blades line up tonight, after the club have only won 1 from the last 5 games. So anything can happen.

I would like to say I'll be up to listen to the game on the official Sheff Utd website (as usual), but I need my beauty sleep.

I just hope they can retain it now for the next 8 games. It just goes to show how the loss of one important central midfield player in team can affect the preformance/results (McDonald). I hope he doesn't get injured again this season.

N.C. are still in with a good shout for a play off position smile.png

A crucial home match against fellow relegation threatened Wycombe and we lose 3-1.Puts exeter 5 points adrift from safety, the consensus

is we're heading for relegation, a view which unfortunately I agree with, Ah well div 1 was good whilst it lasted..

Leeds 3 - Nottingham Forest 7

Simply dreadful Warnock! Leeds worst ever result. Attendances will continue to plummet to average for the Championship. I'm certainly not going to bother and its only a 2 quid bus ride for me when I'm in the UK.

What is it with Yorkshire football? On one ranking of towns by size (there are many variations) Leeds is the fourth largest city in England, Sheffield the 5th, Hull the 10th and Bradford the 11th. 5 teams with significant potential fan resources and not a hope in sight!

[before we get in a debate I'm not saying this particular listing (one of several by Wikipedia) is the most representative - Manchester has only 300,000 odd on this basis! On any criteria though those 4 towns are big towns]

Can we escape the drop ??? Leicester tomorrow night....come on you reds !!!!

Prediction time.

I think we will get another 7 points and finish safely on 47 points.

Those 7 points will come from games away at Peterborough and home to Bristol City and Portsmouth.

There, that feels better .............................................

'Sheffield Uniteds march towards the Championship continues with a 4-1 win over down the road Chesterfield.

Now get this one........"The Blades are currently THE HIGHEST GOAL SCORERS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE !!!!!! "

Now that's worth shouting about...............A Ched Evans hatrick gives us a total of 77 goals scored up to now this season and Ched's 30th goal of the season in all competitions.

The competition is far from over for promotion with Charlton wobbling, The Fowls only two points behind and Huddersfield right behind. Nail biting stuff.

Can we escape the drop ??? Leicester tomorrow night....come on you reds !!!!

Prediction time.

I think we will get another 7 points and finish safely on 47 points.

Those 7 points will come from games away at Peterborough and home to Bristol City and Portsmouth.

There, that feels better .............................................

3 points at Crystal palace was not expected - I shall have to revise up to 50 points

With Southampton getting walloped by Blackpool and Reading destroying West Ham, if Reading beat Leeds at home on Friday we will be top for the first time this season, not a bad time to be top with five games remaining (OK the away games are Brighton, Southampton and Birmingham) ,but draws in those games will see us promoted if we win our home games.

Great time to be a Reading fan !!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go for it Reading.

Sheff Utd slip to third in league 1 after Wednesday beat Oldham at home.

The Blades go to Rochdale tonight looking to get back into an automatic promotion place. A win for United will also relegate Rochdale .

Nail biting times.

With Southampton getting walloped by Blackpool and Reading destroying West Ham, if Reading beat Leeds at home on Friday we will be top for the first time this season, not a bad time to be top with five games remaining (OK the away games are Brighton, Southampton and Birmingham) ,but draws in those games will see us promoted if we win our home games.

2 more wins since I last posted...6 points clear and four games to go.Big game at Southampton on Friday, would not be surprised if that is a very cagey affair as both teams would settle for a point and leave West Ham still four points behind IF they beat Brighton

West Ham will really have to win their last 4 to have any chance of automatic promotion , that will be a big ask as Brighton are desperate for a play-off spot, and the Spammers are at home where they can't buy a win

I predict Reading to draw 1-1 at Southampton and west Ham to draw at home to Brighton.

PS......well done Sheffield United, really hope you make it back up, but it's a thrilling race between you and the other Sheffield club..I am watching with interest, looks like Charlton are nailed on champions.