List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Just back from Nakita's Rawai with some take-away fish & chips, for the second time in 2 weeks the chips are beyond disgusting, hollow and hard bulk bought crap from SC or the likes.

Been getting F&C take-away's from there for years and telling people it's a good place to eat...will now be doing the opposite, it's well and truly of the list of good restaurants IMO.

Have you tried the fish n chips or wedges (just like big chips) at Cookies in Farang Paradise. I cannot find any better than them at present. Actually his whole range is quite good.

Will give it a go, cheers.

We went to Moo's Tex Mex in Rawai last night. It was pretty good. My wife got the beef burrito and gave it a "B" grade. I got the chicken enchilada and give it an "A". We thought the service was very good and prices reasonable. 460 THB for two main dishes, big plate of nachos and salsa, and big bottle of beer. The beer was served with pre-chilled glasses. Interestingly, the nachos cost more than the main dishes. But hey, you only live once.

They had Tabasco and other hot sauces in case you like the salsa hotter. (My crazy wife brought her own bottle of Sriracha but we didn't need it.) We will go back again.

This place is on Sai Yuan Rd. where there is that sharp bend, on your left if you are going east, heading from Rawai out to Viset Rd. Here's the pin on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Srr9Lq7rDkJ2

If you are really hungry order her Mexican combo grande, not on the menu, quesadillas, big soft taco/burrito and an enchilada choice of meat in all.

Just back from Nakita's Rawai with some take-away fish & chips, for the second time in 2 weeks the chips are beyond disgusting, hollow and hard bulk bought crap from SC or the likes.

Been getting F&C take-away's from there for years and telling people it's a good place to eat...will now be doing the opposite, it's well and truly of the list of good restaurants IMO.

Nice view thats about it...

• Like 1

Don't understand why moo texmex is mentioned here.. After having been to los amigos and sala mexicali, that place feels like a 4 yo was given a mexican cookbook. Very bland, wrong choice of ingrediant(dry tortilla), almost no cheese on nachos, very basic salsa. Very disappointed.

Don't understand why moo texmex is mentioned here.. After having been to los amigos and sala mexicali, that place feels like a 4 yo was given a mexican cookbook. Very bland, wrong choice of ingrediant(dry tortilla), almost no cheese on nachos, very basic salsa. Very disappointed.

I agree with you. I tried it many years ago after much hype here on Thaivisa. I did not go back. The lady is very nice, tries hard, but the place has no ambiance and the food is mediocre

• Like 1

I agree with you. I tried it many years ago after much hype here on Thaivisa. I did not go back. The lady is very nice, tries hard, but the place has no ambiance and the food is mediocre

I guess the Forum would be quite boring if we all agreed,all the time. Myself and other friends like it, so there ya go.The recent poster here said he and his people enjoyed it,my Russian friends love the quesadilla. Sure, not the Mex I was brought up with in So.Cal, but works as a sub here.

All the Mexican food sucks here! I make much better at home than any restaurant around. Luckily I have a house at the coast in California and in two weeks I'll be eating some of the finest carnitas, carne asada tacos, and chicken enchiladas around! I did find some decent sushi here in Rawai lately though! A Japanese place where they greet you in Japanese and Thai. The menu is huge and the sushi is good! Miso not so good. Beach road near the end closest to the OrBor Tor. There's another place that sucks just before it. I don't remember the name right off, but they even have several saki choices.

So go to the place that has customers and a very large menu!

Hard to understand how they fail so hard here. Back home i'd buy a mexican can of spicy enchiladas sauce for 45b, get a tortilla bag from the store. Id cook some meat, put it in the tortilla with a bit of veggies. burry in it sauce and cheese, oven for a few mins and bam. Great tasting mexican food. Cheap to make as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure costa nostra at patak road is the best italian restaurant in chalong area for spagetti and all the rest.

2000 and amigi and german are only for a big pizza for less money but to much mozarella the spagetti and the rest are totally not italian but comercial mass production. no taste

But if you just like only the pizza my choice is wine connection just the best pizza's in chalong area

• 2 weeks later...

With all the really good Italian places around run by actual Italians, seems ludicrous to get a pizza at a chain, may as well go to pizza company.

Best takeaway teriyaki barbecued chicken around is across the street from the Tesco Lotus on Sai Yuan, just before you get to the Nai Harn beach Kata three way. 50thb for a large leg and thigh, typically they are sold out by 3pm, but they start cooking early. They also do a great noodle soup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will definitely check out Pizzaria Restorante in Rawai when we come back later this year. Thanks for sharing your list smile.png

Post #2 seems a blatant advert, but on the other hand, does anyone know what restaurant and list this poster is referring to?

That was poster Gerd, who died quite a few years ago now. I presume there is no more 'our restaurant'.

And I presume Jillie Norman is referring to M&M's, old location on Rawai beach road.

Will definitely check out Pizzaria Restorante in Rawai when we come back later this year. Thanks for sharing your list smile.png

Post #2 seems a blatant advert, but on the other hand, does anyone know what restaurant and list this poster is referring to?

That was poster Gerd, who died quite a few years ago now. I presume there is no more 'our restaurant'.

And I presume Jillie Norman is referring to M&M's, old location on Rawai beach road.

Gerd was a good guy I remember he and his wife would bring their rottweiler into Don's at breakfast.

I prefer Mario's homemade pastas to their pizzas at M&M's but good food there all around.

O.K. (!) thanks for the clarification thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will be visiting Phuket and hope to find some good food there. So rather than even attempt to go through 48 pages and 1,188 posts, can we summarize the top restaurants?

Price is no real object if the meal is worth it.

Any cuisine is acceptable.

Thanks.

Why again is it you cannot peruse whats already been written?

There are 48 pages and 1,190 posts. Going through all that and deciding what's what would take hours I don't care to spend. Locals or people who have been following this from the beginning should be able to summarize.

I will be in Patong.

Why again is it you cannot peruse whats already been written?

There are 48 pages and 1,190 posts. Going through all that and deciding what's what would take hours I don't care to spend. Locals or people who have been following this from the beginning should be able to summarize.

I will be in Patong.

Right, from your approach, many are going to get right on that for you thumbsup.gif

Let me "summarize" for you.

Burger King on the beach road makes a mean char broiled burger.

McDonalds in Jungceylon and on the beach road quite popular

Pizza Company on Soi Bangla, I think they are offering a two-for-one, might be interesting

Da Nang on Soi 200 year Rd for an epic noodle soup.

(Forgot and RE for edit) The Schwarma cart guy at the top of Soi Bangla and 200 year road, friend swears by it, last time I had one, gave me the sh*ts for three days.

Enjoy !

Edited by grumpyoldman
  • Like 2

Anns Kitchen in the Boat Avenue complex in Laguna ,

Been a few times now over the past few months and have to say the service has been excellent as well as the food , have tried the burger , fish and chips ( proper crispy batter and home made chips / mushy peas ) best item ive had so far has been the Piri Piri Chicken.

Definately worth a call in if your nearby.

Gastone italian restaurant, in Kata.

In February we were staying at Katatani resort in Kata noi and went to this restaurant for the first time after a week because every time we passed next to it we saw it crowded and decided to give it a try. I think we ate there 10 times out of 14 days left. Simply a great restaurant. Fresh products, and well done and presented italian dishes and a great pizza. The staff is always smiling and welcoming and the quality of service is way higher than the usual thai standards. The owner is a young and kind italian but he was always very busy taking care of the restaurant and we didn't have the opportunity to talk with him for more than few minutes. We really hope to find this place unchanged next year cause in thailand good restaurants for some unknown reason many times don't last too long..

Edited by Pistillo

• 4 weeks later...

Quenchers sports bar and restaurant, on Nanai Road Patong, large Choice of Thai, western and seafood on the menu, They do great English breakfast proper back bacon and English sausage, good homemade burgers, and food portions are generous, good for watching sport, even in low season the place seems to do well.