Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Tony, I didn't have to buy a new sensor.......that got lost in translation. The girl from Mityon said "400 baht for senserr", she meant for fitting the senserr to the new pipe :)

Cheers :D

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave_Boo! :D

You know when I said "someone else" I was talking about YOU! :D

Hey- is the Boxer ride still on for the 13th? I ask because Kawasaki is planning a ride to Chantaburi that same day. Fun group of mostly Thai guys on Vulcans, ER6's, Ninja's and D-Trackers. Always a good time riding with Team Green :D Interested?

What can I say; it's a number problem. And ignore that other guy; AFAIK only a few of the ooooooold English use non-US gallons. :)

AFAIK, the Boxer ride is still on for the 13th. I'll drop a bug in their ears and see if they want to stick with the route we had planned or ride with the Kawasaki group (although I've heard rumblings that they want a small group on their ride).

Thought you TwoBros owners might find this interesting. Was reading one of the British ER6 forums, here, and the guy was wondering what on earth the hole in the side of his new GPR EVO exhaust was for. I guess some of the 09 bikes don't have the sensor at all.

What?! ALL ER6's are fuel injected, so all of them should (must) have the lambda sensor at the exhaust in order for the EFI to correctly calculate fuel/air... Has the guy been riding around with it disconnected? I would think he'd get a warning light if he did...

What can I say; it's a number problem. And ignore that other guy; AFAIK only a few of the ooooooold English use non-US gallons. :)

AFAIK, the Boxer ride is still on for the 13th. I'll drop a bug in their ears and see if they want to stick with the route we had planned or ride with the Kawasaki group (although I've heard rumblings that they want a small group on their ride).

"ooooooold English" 555 :D

I haven't heard anything from the Boxer guys in a while so I was just wondering if that ride is still on. I've always enjoyed riding with the Kawasaki club- their rides are very well organized, with well planned routes, stops pre-arranged, good food and always a support vehicle bringing up the rear which is a nice comfort. At this point I'm leaning towards the Kawa ride...

Happy Trails!

Tony, I didn't have to buy a new sensor.......that got lost in translation. The girl from Mityon said "400 baht for senserr", she meant for fitting the senserr to the new pipe :)

Well, if it was 400 Baht to weld the sensor bung onto your S-pipe then that's totally fair.

TwoBrosSBend.jpg

If they charged you 400 Baht to screw the sensor onto the new pipe then they're taking the piss :D:D:D

Thought you TwoBros owners might find this interesting. Was reading one of the British ER6 forums, here, and the guy was wondering what on earth the hole in the side of his new GPR EVO exhaust was for. I guess some of the 09 bikes don't have the sensor at all.

What?! ALL ER6's are fuel injected, so all of them should (must) have the lambda sensor at the exhaust in order for the EFI to correctly calculate fuel/air... Has the guy been riding around with it disconnected? I would think he'd get a warning light if he did...

That thread seems to suggest that the US bikes don't have it. Which would seem to explain why the TwoBros doesn't support it either. :) I dunno?

I average about 17km/litre on my ER6n and I'll let someone else convert that to miles per gallon :)

39.9864793 miles per gallon.

17 * 4.55 = 77.35 Kl/g

/8 *5 = 48.34

What am I missing ??

Your using imperial gallons right ??

Ahh just got to this bit.. problem with the US measurements is wet gallons dry gallons, etc..

Gallon is 4.55.. Gord Bless you Marm..

Ahh just got to this bit.. problem with the US measurements is wet gallons dry gallons, etc..

Oh dear... I can barely handle ounces, quarts and gallons and now you tell me there are wet gallons and dry gallons?! :D

I think I'll just stick with the Thai leet :D:D:)

Kata. What an earth are you talking about........... it's not litre here in Thailand it's leet. eg Hok leet NOT 7 litres... :):D:D

Hok leet shure NOT 7 litres, would be a bonus :D

leet, min, cen, met, que all works fine, but nju (inch) is hard to understand where came from. But then I m not thai :D

I also got the two bros fitted on my bike today, Mityon Pattaya charged me 200 baht which I thought was very cheap.

It is amazing, the bike sounds like a monster. You could probably be charged with "instilling fear in the public" or something similar with this pipe, I love it.

Unfortunately I only had about 5 minutes fun before the heavens opened, and I "toured home" at 80kph.

Mityon also lent me a D-Tracker for the day (I dropped my bike off at 9.30 this morning, picked it up at 2.30). I was utterly horrified with the lack of power on the D-Tracker. There was a Thai guy 2up with his girlfriend on a 2 stroke Nova Dash and he completely toasted me away from the lights. I would have been horrified if I had just paid 150K for it. The guy in the showroom said something about "limit speed" - I'm not sure if this one was specially restricted, or they are all like this but the most I saw on the speedo was 112 down a slight hill. It seemed to run out of steam in 5th gear, and doesn't need 6th at all. Overall though, I would say it is a better beginner bike than the ninja, due to lower down torque and the riding position.

On the ER6-N you are never going to be embarrased by a kid on a souped up scooter. The only thing thats getting away from me at the lights is an R1 or similar, but it ain't happened yet.

So all in all I'm delighted, the pipe changes the personality of the ER6N dramatically. Can't comment on performance gains yet as I haven't had chance to test it properly. Only with a good pipe do you realise how stifling the stock one is.

Finally I'd like to say a big thanks to Tony (BigBikeBKK), he has given me valuable advice, supplied me with the pipe almost instantly at a great price, and was even prepared to fit it for me. Without his support I wouldn't have been bothered to see this through, and IMO it is the single best mod you can do to the ER6N so cheers Tony, you're a fountain of knowledge and a great guy to have in our little ER6 corner :D

Cheers,

Aw shucks- :D you're too kind :)

Hope you enjoy the new Two Bros as much as I've enjoyed mine! Just watch out for the greedy coppers in Pattaya as they love trying to fine loud bikes, (but haven't caught me yet) :D

Wonder why you had to buy a new sensor? Mityon should have been able to use the original that was attached to your stock can. But oh well, only 400 Baht so no big deal.

Hope we can hook up for a ride soon! Kawasaki Bangkok is organizing a ride to Chantaburi on Saturday June 13th that should be a lot of fun if the weather cooperates. It will be mostly Vulcans, ER6n's, Ninjettes and D-Trackers. I don't know the actual route yet, but imagine we'll pass not too far from your neck of the woods, so hope you'll join us if you can!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hey Tony,

Glad to hear you are still as popular as ever.

I am still saving like crazy and also get a bonus towards the end of the year which will enable me to order my bike.

Can't wait to join in the fun.

All the best. :D

Z1000 screen on an ER6n.

Here's my girl with her new face!

I took it out for a test drive today. I was cruising along at about 80km an hour, watching for vibrations in the screen, when I tried to up-shift into 6th and couldn't. I thought "What the f***?" That's when I realized I was in 6th gear already and doing about 120km an hour, not 80.

I cannot emphasize enough the difference having a screen makes on the ride. 120km an hour feels like 80, and 140 feels like 100. It is such an incredible difference, you just can't believe how your perception of speed changes when you don't have the wind blasting in your face and chest.

I was a little worried about how sturdy the screen would be with the fabricated mount, but it seems pretty solid. There's a little bit of vibration under about 80km an hour, but above that it stops. Above 100km an hour the screen doesn't move at all.

Only downside so far is that the headlight seems to reflect up a little. I haven't ridden it at night yet so I don't know how bad it will be in the dark.

As for looks, you be the judge. I'm satisfied with it.

69152609.jpg

97175676.jpg

17773498.jpg

45260384.jpg

19539608.jpg

77946226.jpg

99795384.jpg

I'll try it out for a month or so and if it doesn't break or develop problems I'll take the mount in and have it powder-coated black to prevent rust. "If" being the key word.

69480714.jpg

You can see the "X" pattern they used to make the mount. He also put rubber between the bolts and the screen, which allows for a little vibration.

36628951.jpg

47098952.jpg

40074283.jpg

Here's the price breakdown. Conversions are via Google Finance.

Unit Price: $95.40 / 3249 Baht

Shipping: $35.00 / 1192 Baht

Import Duty+VAT: 801 Baht / $23.51

Fabricated mount: 1000 Baht / $29.36

TOTAL: 6242 Baht / $183.27

I like it. Maybe if you use matt black vinyl on the inside of the screen at the bottom it will get rid of the glare. also maybe just trim the bottom of the screen a little. Bloody good job, mate

I think you need to get the plastics copied and start production.

Z1000 screen on an ER6n.

Here's my girl with her new face!

As for looks, you be the judge. I'm satisfied with it.

69152609.jpg

19539608.jpg

47098952.jpg

Not too shabby Liam! :)

I bet that big Z1000 screen must make a huge difference at speed.

Looks like your guy did a good job custom building the mounting hardware for you too.

The price is right and it looks better than the Puig and Givi screens. Good job! :D

ps. the Two Bros looks good too! :D Good fun!

Hi HT, it looks good! Choosing the dark tinted screen gives the whole bike a very individual look with the custom paint. Now, how about some quick release clamps on the bag frames to get em off the bike when your riding bagless. Reminds me of my old Meccano set!

It took me a while, but I finally managed to get my hands on one of these 500 page monsters.

CIMG3791.jpg

I may be able to come up with some more of the 2009 ER6n English Service Manuals if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM if you want one so I can gauge the interest. Thailand only please.

Hello everybody,

I need some advice about riding a bike in Thailand and especially in Pattaya. I am very interested in buying the Kawasaki Er-6n but I must admit that I have only ride 125 bikes before. Do you think it is a good idea to switch from a 125 cc to this bike? Beside I got my driving license for bike in Pattaya on a Mio 100 which isn't really a proof of my skills.

What I want to know from experimented bikers is do you think a beginner is safe on such a bike?

Since I am abroad for the time being, do you know if there is a long delay between ordering and delivery: 1, 2 months or more...

Thanks for your answers