Re-entry Permit

Toronto

Shortly, I shall be leaving the country for about one month. It's been four years since I've left Thailand. At that time, I flew out of Don Muang. I had to hand in a form, photo and 1,000 baht for the re-entry permit which I filled out at the airport and had stamped and proccessed at a small booth there. I've been told by two people that this can no longer be done at the airport, and the form must be completed and taken to one's local immigration office, or perhaps at Bangkok immigration. It seems strange to me that the new airport does not have a similar office where a person could file for the re-entry permit. Anyone out there know the routine? Again, different experiences depending on who you talk to. Surely Suvarnabhumi Airport has an office where a person could hand in the TM.8 form and get the proper stamp, since anyone leaving for an international location is likely to pass through their gates.

Indeed there is no longer a re entry stamp service at the airport.

Need to go to your nearest Immigration.....Kap Cheung.

I'm not sure about the actual process as I have never left the Land of Smiles.

Have a good trip..

Quite a few posts on this exact subject on the SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT forum in the Thai Visa Forum. I've accepted many things and government procedures here in Thailand, but this is one move that does have me thinking "W.T.F.!!" I feel so fortunate to have applied and received a multiple entry permit in early January 2009 and I noticed the sign at this booth area of Suvarnabhumi giving notice of the discontinuance of what has to be a real service to travelers. But "T.I.T." It is not like they did not collect real significant baht every hour at that airport office, they collect the same amount of funds just at different offices, but with no small inconvenience to most expats.

What is the purpose of this permit ? I have a b multiple and left with about a week on my first 3 months, when i came back in 3 weeks later they just started my 2nd 3 month period. Like to go to laos but not sure if i will lose any days when i come back, any answers to this ?

Be sure to go to the Immigration office that normally serves you according to your Thailand address. Remember since December they realigned all the offices, so you can only be served by the office in which you live, unless you have a tourist visa.

Barry

To be a bit more precise with regard to clarifying this stupid rule from hel_l........you can only be served by the immigration office that serves the province you live in.

In my case, my province does not have an immigration office, so expats living where I live have to travel about 1000 km round trip to get the stupid permit from hel_l.

My guess is that most countries take care of this at international airports. But TIT.

Regarding re-entry permits, does anyone know how much leeway one is given regarding the return date the applicant enters on the form and the actual date of return? Also are there any limitations on the length of time that one can be absent or out of country? Would I have a problem not returning for say three months and also returning for example 2 months after the date entered on the form as long as my current visa is valid (not expired). What happens if I miss my 90 day reporting date because I am out of the country? Thanks for all replies.

Regarding re-entry permits, does anyone know how much leeway one is given regarding the return date the applicant enters on the form and the actual date of return? Also are there any limitations on the length of time that one can be absent or out of country? Would I have a problem not returning for say three months and also returning for example 2 months after the date entered on the form as long as my current visa is valid (not expired). What happens if I miss my 90 day reporting date because I am out of the country? Thanks for all replies.

When you leave the country your 90 day report period ends and the subsequent date of re-entry then starts the 90 day clock ticking again.

Dave