British Woman Arrested In Thailand Over Passport Forgery

Rimmer

British Woman Arrested in Thailand Over Passport Forgery

gallery_327_1086_11516.jpg

BANGKOK: [PDN]: -- At approximately 11:00am on Tuesday, police Major General Witsanu Prasartthong O-Sot (Deputy Commission of the Immigration Police) along with the Superintendent of the Crime Suppression Division, successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

A check of the suspect’s passport revealed several irregularities with the document, leading police to immediately arrest and detain her from leaving the country. Miss Neville-Gliddon was due to board a flight to Dubai on Emirates Airline flight EK 373.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/04...ssport-forgery/

source: pattayadailynews

-- 2010-04-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture please. Why would a British woman carry a forged passport and not get a real one? Has she confessed yet? Oh, I guess some of that is answered in the linked article. I wonder why she did it?

Edited by ronz28

Sounds to me a bit like the old ruse of getting an agent to get stamps in your passport to save you making border runs when the current visa runs out. There was a crack down on this 6 or 7 years back and several people arrested on leaving the country. It was big news at the time but maybe the agents are raising their heads again and telling people that it's not necessary to actually leave the country to get your extension. Big mistake!! For the people using the dodgy service that is!

It wasn't the passport that was faked; it was the Immigration stamps...

... Several entry and departure stamps were found to be fakes, with both errors in the name of the airport printed on the stamp and the size of the insignia. Miss Neville-Gliddon’s passport spelt the Bangkok Airport as SUVARNABHUM as opposed to SUVARNABHUMI, missing the I at the end...
Edited by AsiaCheese

This woman committed a criminal offense.

I do not understand why posters are making jokes about the Thai immigration department for apprehending her and charging her for it. This has nothing to do with red shirts, yellow shirts or whatever shirts are worn, or indeed, any corruption allegations against Thai officials.

There is simply a criminal British National who has broken the law and should be punished according to the law. I hope to the full.

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke. Try forging a UK immigrant visa and see how you are dealt with in the UK. Although thinking about it there would probably some plea for political asylum and under the current Labour government they would doubtless bend over backwards to provide a large house and support for all the brats; and make the tax payers bend over forwards to take it up the arse paying for the benefits.

I do not understand why posters are making jokes about the Thai immigration department for apprehending her and charging her for it. This has nothing to do with red shirts, yellow shirts or whatever shirts are worn, or indeed, any corruption allegations against Thai officials.

There is simply a criminal British National who has broken the law and should be punished according to the law. I hope to the full.

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke. Try forging a UK immigrant visa and see how you are dealt with in the UK. Although thinking about it there would probably some plea for political asylum and under the current Labour government they would doubtless bend over backwards to provide a large house and support for all the brats; and make the tax payers bend over forwards to take it up the arse paying for the benefits.

No sh.t Sherlock, How do you know that she even knew it was false,

successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

A check of the suspect’s passport revealed several irregularities with the document, leading police to immediately arrest and detain her from leaving the country

Something's a bit odd, certainly. If she's only 21 years old now, why are there so many stamps on the pages shown dated March-August 2005? Wouldn't she have been a bit young back then for all that activity? Shouldn't she have been at school?

If it's a forged passport how do they know she's British?

From reading the report the only definates she seems to be nailed on are perhaps some forged Thai immigration stamps so maybe she's an overstayer.

Actually the story is pretty clear that obviously the visas had some problems to improve, a very serious crime almost all over the world, which also gives all other foreigners living here a bad name. There's no sorry, should the story be true, there's law and order...

I guess 'forged' could just mean that some visa stamps were somewheremadevisa. Doesn't that mean: I give a flying one on your laws.???

Not a good example for those who'd like to live here longer. Chock Deee na khrap.

Edited by Sisaketmike

It wasn't the passport that was faked; it was the Immigration stamps...
... Several entry and departure stamps were found to be fakes, with both errors in the name of the airport printed on the stamp and the size of the insignia. Miss Neville-Gliddon’s passport spelt the Bangkok Airport as SUVARNABHUM as opposed to SUVARNABHUMI, missing the I at the end...

Gotta love that. Now we know there is a good reason why the official special of Swampy has that silent I at the end.

'Quality of workmanship' in Thailand springs to mind ..... a letter missing, slightly the wrong size ..... did they just need some rubber stamps in a hurry and didn't use the 'approved supplier' ???

'Attention to detail' isn't a phrase often used here. (Sorry, actually it is ... but it is usually phrased "what about the specific, detailed, 'king requirements that I gave you"

However - guilty as hel_l - just think of the amount of benefits fraud involved in getting a name like that.

Edited by niveknedwob

Jeez....this is exactly the type of reply that keeps me from contributing to this board....a continual litany of banal offerings such as the above, either nearly every comment opinionated negativity, or even worse, a "be fair guys....this is LOS ...but dont be fair guys because theres so many bludgers at ....."

A hard to navigate site with a load of angry pensioners generally....but , and I will say, BUT , thank you to the people , on here a few, that attempt to educate and expand a view....

A boring litany of vitriol expected 555....

All the stamps on those pages were from 2005...

A bit more than a spelling mistake, did not Swampy open 28th September 2006?

The image of the passport pages is in low resolution but as far as I can make out the three arrival and departure stamps for Thailand say “Bangkok Thailand”, not “Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand” as used at the new airport. Obviously, she must have some later stamps to account for her presence in Thailand in 2010.

--

Maestro

zaZa9 donot take it personal there are a number of posters to this forum who think it is ok for any farang to commit crimes in Thailand and should not face consequences for these crimes. I donot understand this reasoning, must be vestiages of the colonial period left in their thinking and reasoning process.

Sounds to me a bit like the old ruse of getting an agent to get stamps in your passport to save you making border runs when the current visa runs out...

Unlikely in this case, considering the short stays in Thailand indicated by the stamps shown in the copy of the two passport pages: 3 days, 4 days, 11 days.

--

Maestro

Does the surname Neville-Gliddon sound genuine?

From what country are the two stamps at the top left of the photo?

post-21260-1272402434.jpg

--

Maestro

Neville-Gliddon seems a rare, but plausible name - but somehow I doubt the passport holder is really only 21.

The stamps are from Cambodia, see the one here:

http://goseasia.about.com/od/cambodia/a/cambodia_evisa.htm

Edited by paully

successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

A check of the suspect’s passport revealed several irregularities with the document, leading police to immediately arrest and detain her from leaving the country

Something's a bit odd, certainly. If she's only 21 years old now, why are there so many stamps on the pages shown dated March-August 2005? Wouldn't she have been a bit young back then for all that activity? Shouldn't she have been at school?

..I'd hazard a guess that Mummy or Daddy used a shonky agent to provide the stamps for the family to save money..and it is she who is the unlucky one to get sprung 6 years later on her return..she probably knows nothing about it..I know of a so similar case about same time..hmm..where husbands stamps were legit but wife and children's were not..as a result they were extradited..he stayed on with his number two but suddenly died shortly after with number two getting the lot..

Very True... Earlier this year there were a number of adverts + 2 Law Firms offering Full Visa Services, Myself phoned 2 and emailed 4, ALL said there was no need to leave Thailand as there Service did everything regardless of what type of Visa/Extension/stamp was needed.

One of the Companies sent me a full list to all the services and the prices. They also did Visas to other Countries. they supplied there address of their office + 6 phone lines, Fax & mobile numbers.... Myself had a '0-A' from the UK in 2003 and since then had extensions from Immigration, only this year could not meet the 800,000 in the Bank, for a new 1 yr extension. They said was no problem, I needed to fill out all the Forms as normal supply the Company with Bank passbook, they would deposit the 800k in my account go to immigration and get the new stamp, only on collection of my passport next day did I need to pay them the Fee, they said No extension stamp = no fee.

It all looked very convincing and above board, so much so I sent a PM to the Visa Expert on here, as my real question was how can another extension be issued with the funds going into the Bank the same day… NO I did not use them; I took a trip to Perth, so my new ‘0’Visa is 100%…

My point is would a 21 yr old know such services were not above board ?

Edit: Maybe only now with the new scaning and computer system at the airport will such stamps be noticed ?

Edited by ignis