Auto-redialer Recommendation

bartender100

I have surfed to find one,but all the free ones seem to have software bundles I don't want.Can anyone point me in the direction of one please.Just a simple reconnecter,nothing fancy.

What functionality do you need that putting a tick in the 'redial if line is dropped' box does not give???

I have that ticked,but what I want is if the PC reboots to connect automatically.It does not do that, I have to click on the ADSL icon then press connect

Ah, now I think understand :o

So, you have a USB ADSL modem, I thought you were on dial-up, sorry about that.

What type of modem have you got? What ADSL software are you using, and which ISP??

The software provided almost certainly can do what you want, it is just a question of finding out how.

As with all these things, the more info you can provide the better.

Thanks for the reply Crossy,only just been able to get back on,there has been a big power outage in Pattaya,thats actually one of the reasons why I want this.

The PC rebooted auto,and my P2P launches auto,not not my dial in.

Anyway I have D-link USB modem DSL 210,using J-net ISP, DSL-Compax TT&T 256

To log on I click the ADSL connect,then it looks like a normal dial-up box to confirm use/pass.

I installed it with the d-link dics,no other software involved

XP-SP2

thanks again

Here's a simple program that would dial your ADSL connection on startup.

http://www.digitalweb.com.br/ras2000/

After downloading, unzipping, and installing it, you can copy the dialer in your Startup folder. Then under Options, check the Automatically connect after start Ras+ Dialer.

Or, just put IE in your Startup menu, and configure configure your Internet connection options appropriately.

Or you could upgrade to use a router :o

Once you have power, you're connected...

with the correct ports forwarded there are no problems with the P2P programs, and you have the added security of being invisible to the outside world (apart from these P2P ports of course)

melus

Thanks for the link,but I'm being a cheap charlie,and don't want to buy one,there are plenty of those sort around.Also I don't use IE

Monty

Thanks,that might be away to go,there have not been to many "drops"but yesterday I had 2 as you propably did.