Computer--but Australia Or Los

Ark

Leaving Australia for LOS next week and am giving away my weary computer workhorse. Bottom of the range laptops are on special in Australia just now for $1082. Is Thai cheaper/same price. I seem to recall in the forum someone stating normal Thai computers (my complexity range), sell for $1000-1200. What's best. Buy OZ and bring in as "used" or buy Thai?

Leaving Australia for LOS next week and am giving away my weary computer workhorse. Bottom of the range laptops are on special in Australia just now for $1082. Is Thai cheaper/same price. I seem to recall in the forum someone stating normal Thai computers (my complexity range), sell for $1000-1200. What's best. Buy OZ and bring in as "used" or buy Thai?

Buy from OZ... U r likely to get a better config. What I hav noticed is that, it takes 2 months for a new model to be launched in the Thai market after it has been launched in Europe, US and OZ. So you can get the latest config in OZ and without Thai Keys. Warrenty will be an issue, if you plan to live in LOS for long long time... I think the aftersales service in LOS is really bad for notebooks.

If you need a laptop then it is probably best to buy outside of Thailand for cost but they are very special for repairs so if your staying in Thailand with it might be better to buy here. If you do not need a laptop a desk top, which can be repaired by anyone would be much better value here for anything but top speed game machines.

If you need a laptop then it is probably best to buy outside of Thailand for cost but they are very special for repairs so if your staying in Thailand with it might be better to buy here.  If you do not need a laptop a desk top, which can be repaired by anyone would be much better value here for anything but top speed game machines.

Thanks to those who replied. Its about what I thought. Think Ill go laptop Aus.

Hi Ark,

Once you get to BKK, you can buy all sorts of computer related bits (almost anything you want or need) at Fortune Shopping Centre on Ratchadaphisek Road - you can catch the underground to get there - the station is right outside...

Laptop prices are probably about the same in both places...

By the way, when do you go? I'm in Sydney right now, but hope to head home soon to see the family...

Silly me - I see you said it already - next week... are you in Sydney by any chance?

Edited by Greer

Hi Ark,

Once you get to BKK, you can buy all sorts of computer related bits (almost anything you want or need) at Fortune Shopping Centre on Ratchadaphisek Road - you can catch the underground to get there - the station is right outside...

Laptop prices are probably about the same in both places...

By the way, when do you go? I'm in Sydney right now, but hope to head home soon to see the family...

Silly me - I see you said it already - next week... are you in Sydney by any chance?

Hi Greer

Leave on Thursday from Newcastle, but I'm running on a tight schedule and jangled nerves. Its a big decision to move to LOS,. as I'm sure those who made that final decision know