If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

I wasn't born in Yorkshire and for that I thank my mother, but as one of many youngsters from the Hull area sentenced to several years in a boarding school on the Yorkshire Moors from the tender age of 7 for no other reason than 'to build up character'  we had to sing this little ditty cum rain or shine.

Eh up and pass the chip butty yer fat bastar.d

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Joni's...saw her around LA in the late 60s early 70s and up at Big Sur...swear to god I thought that she was singing directly to me...

this is one of her best, wrote produced, played all the acoustic instruments, etc...

she had a health scare earlier this year and I got upset...never felt that way about any entertainer...

• Like 2

Ah tutsi  so many musicians have left this world before their time, it's heart breaking. I just hope Neil Young, Roger Waters and Roy Harper to name a few, can carry the flame for a few more years.

Enough maudlin thoughts, it's Christmas! Good music lives for ever, I first heard this back in 74 working in the Shetland islands and living in a caravan. Sounds just as good today.

• Like 2