If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

22 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

The last waltz, one of the greatest concert movies ever made...with martin scorsese no less...

The band has always been a favorite;

play it at me funeral...lotsa talk about 'judgement day'...

and tutsi heads out alone from Dammam to al Hofuf in eastern saudi in 2015 where there's been reports of IS activity against the local shias and hopin' that he won't have bad luck, all westerners are targets...at least the Toyota fortuner is brand new...plug in the USB with The band and cruise the featureless desert...

I know that part of Saudi well. Thank God I'm out of there now.

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

I know that part of Saudi well. Thank God I'm out of there now.

the site was at the gas plant at Hawiya about 70km south of Hofuf...trigger happy arab soldiers guarding the place, some dumbshit pointed his weapon in my face as I was goin' thru the front gate...

but there were some interesting geological formations down there unlike any that I had seen elsewhere...the accommodation was in Hofuf with Pizza Hut, baskin and robbins ice cream and Macdonalds nearby...no security ('we ain't got the budget fer an expensive hotel, mr tutsi...') so when an offer came thru back in Jeddah I split and dropped them in the shit: 'f*** you too...'

down loaded lotsa music and put it on the USB...spent lotsa time on the road...

4 minutes ago, HLover said:

Unfortunately a  Thai girl working has control of the You Tube videos/music and I'll finish my drink and exit quickly.

BTW, it's Alan Walker- Faded.

Whiney garbage.

Best not to fade away- 54 years later.....

• Like 2

1964 and the bass player, whose mom just bought him a Fender Precision Bass decides to ditch it for maracas and a harmonica and sing lead...tutsi is then selected to play bass and Walter sez: 'here tutsi...' and hands the new instrument to me...can't remember who the amp belonged to...

and I hold it vertically just like Bill Wyman and affect bored chewing gum motion and the 14 y.o. girls went wild...3 or 4 note bass pattern for most of our stuff...our repertoire was mostly the stones and I sang lead on Little Red Rooster...

Al on lead, Tony on rhythm and Steve on drums...and we would regularly burn down the house which was remarkable for 14 y.o. pretend hoodlums with cigarettes and tanker jackets...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 2