Is This The Cbr150 Replacement

ozzydom

Noticed an ad on Indonesia tv last night re a new Honda 150cc motorcycle .

Google Honda Mega Pro motorcycle for a pic.

Looks neat ,semi-naked with a street fighter style front fairing and screen.

Just guessing.

Specs=

Honda Mega Pro (CB Unicorn) Launched in Indonesia

Indonesian arm of Honda launched its new motorcycle in Indonesian market as Honda Mega Pro which is sold as Honda CB Unicorn in the Indian market. The new model comes as a strategic move to combat its rival Yamaha in the country and the new model is completely re-vamped as compared to its existing MegaPro model currently being sold in the Indonesian market.

The new model is more muscular and better aerodynamically designed. It features analogue tachometer and digital speedometer that are precise and easy on the eye. The engine is equipped with Honda’s “X-tra Responsive Performance” with a 150 cc capacity. The new engine has lower frictional loses and 20% lower fuel consumption compared to the outgoing model.

“We hope that the New MegaPro, which is equipped with a new design and engine can be accepted by sports-motorcycle lovers in Indonesia,” said AHM president director Yusuke Mori at the launch held at the Sentul International Convention Center in Bogor, West Java. “We are a bit late in preparing the new model so we lost in terms of competition. We planned to launch the new model in June but due to some problems in the preparation, the launching had to be delayed,” he said while talking to the Indonesian press.

Edited by ozzydom

Mega Pro is just another name for the old Tiger 2000. An asthmatic 197cc bike. Had a chioce back in '96. I bought an NSR 150R instead.smile.gif

I was under the impression that the Tiger was designed by Cagiva, where does the association with the Honda Mega Pro lie.?

Just a note of interest; when I was in the Honda shop today, the owner, whom I had never met before, was pretty excited to tell me that in the next three months there will be a new CBR. He came out of the shop to tell me this as a I was about to drive away.

Of course he didn't know price or engine size, so it is just a little more dubious info from Honda, and the dealers are clearly uninformed.

Drove past the Kawasaki shop and thought 'I should just go get one of those'.

Mega Pro is just another name for the old Tiger 2000. An asthmatic 197cc bike. Had a chioce back in '96. I bought an NSR 150R instead.smile.gif

I was under the impression that the Tiger was designed by Cagiva, where does the association with the Honda Mega Pro lie.?

I think there is a bit confusion here...i think Vocalneal meant the "Honda Tiger"

...the "Tiger Boxer" is another Bike from another manufacturer ( and the predecessor of the Tiger Boxer was the Cagiva F4 150cc)

mbox

Just a note of interest; when I was in the Honda shop today, the owner, whom I had never met before, was pretty excited to tell me that in the next three months there will be a new CBR. He came out of the shop to tell me this as a I was about to drive away.

Of course he didn't know price or engine size, so it is just a little more dubious info from Honda, and the dealers are clearly uninformed.

The Honda CBR125i and CBR250i will be released around 31/10/10 priced at about 86,000 and 150,000 respectively.

The 250 will be very similar to the pic below

http://www.google.co.th/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVRWi89LYM8/S3IiewJGE9I/AAAAAAAAAGA/Njd5FMYx0wM/s400/HondaCBR250RR%2Babajo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nugroscom.blogspot.com/2010/02/cbr-250rr.html&usg=__66TbPw-80BvNXge3t45ArEwiwI8=&h=299&w=400&sz=42&hl=th&start=17&zoom=1&tbnid=T_P_lWfm3gkIiM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhonda%2Bcbr250rr%2Bfuel%2Binjection%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dth%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D608%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

Edited by skybluestu

The Honda CBR125i and CBR250i will be released around 31/10/10 priced at about 86,000 and 150,000 respectively.

http://www.google.co.th/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVRWi89LYM8/S3IiewJGE9I/AAAAAAAAAGA/Njd5FMYx0wM/s400/HondaCBR250RR%2Babajo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nugroscom.blogspot.com/2010/02/cbr-250rr.html&usg=__66TbPw-80BvNXge3t45ArEwiwI8=&h=299&w=400&sz=42&hl=th&start=17&zoom=1&tbnid=T_P_lWfm3gkIiM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhonda%2Bcbr250rr%2Bfuel%2Binjection%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dth%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D608%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

What a horrendous tribal design, and very dated fairing style. I hope if it is truly coming, that it doesn't look like that.

http://www.google.co...h:1&um=1&itbs=1

What a horrendous tribal design, and very dated fairing style. I hope if it is truly coming, that it doesn't look like that.

It is coming and that is the pic I was shown, shouldn't be too much competition to the Ninja 250.

Unless you're a fanboy why wait for Honda? If the CBR replacement is anything like the pictures I've seen then the Ninja 250R is a much better buy. Honda bikes were awesome 10-15 years ago but they've really dropped off IMO.

The Ninjette has proven service levels (locally), is far better looking and bullet proof. Mine is getting around 350 kms to a tank now even though it's used for commuting in Bangkok (I rarely take it on long runs any more as I bought a bigger bike). Even with the bigger bike I just can't bring myself to sell it - ripping that light 250 twin through traffic is awesome - just don't let it drop below 6-7k rpm. Oh, and replace the exhaust.

The white one looks great but would look even better without the graphics and wheel stripes.

WOW

Maybe some Honda specs on the new 250 CBR may be appropriate....... get some naysayers taking a back step. Wow double WOW...an inline 4 no less!! Twin discs up front upside down forks...now that sounds like my sorta bike!!

Honda 2011CBR 250 RR

Oil/air cooled, Inline-4, DOHC

Engine type:

4 cylinders, 4-stroke, Inline

Cooling system:

Oil/air cooled

Throttle:

Cable operated

Valves

Valve train:

DOHC, variable

Valves per cylinder:

Fuel and ignition

Sparks per cylinder:

Fuel supply system:

Fuel injection

Ignition type:

Digital CDI

Engine mounting:

Transverse

Lubrication system:

Wet sump

Gear box:

Manual 6-speed

Clutch:

Wet, multiple discs, cable operated

Final drive:

Chain

Starter:

Electric

Chassis and suspension

Front

Suspension:

Cartridge - upside-down

Brake:

Twin Disk

Rear

Suspension:

mono shock, Swingarm

Brake:

Disk

Other

ABS available:

No

Number of riders:

2 persons

Edited by visions

It may sound like it, but it doesn't look like it! The photos don't match the specs.

The "photo" is not a photo. As explained elsewhere the pic is a rendering of what someone "guessed" it would look like over 12 months ago.

While I find it hard to beleive an in line 4 can be used because of cost, Honda Marketing has stated they want regain supremacy in the sport market. We may be lucky!!

Remember also that MotoGP 125 is going 4 stroke very soon. I forget but I think 300cc??? (please correct me on the size) a V engine I would have thought was the way to go but then Im not an engineer, maybe Honda are developing an inline 250 4 bored/stroked to meet the new classification?

It may sound like it, but it doesn't look like it! The photos don't match the specs.

The "photo" is not a photo. As explained elsewhere the pic is a rendering of what someone "guessed" it would look like over 12 months ago.

While I find it hard to beleive an in line 4 can be used because of cost, Honda Marketing has stated they want regain supremacy in the sport market. We may be lucky!!

Remember also that MotoGP 125 is going 4 stroke very soon. I forget but I think 300cc??? (please correct me on the size) a V engine I would have thought was the way to go but then Im not an engineer, maybe Honda are developing an inline 250 4 bored/stroked to meet the new classification?

May it be as you say.

Maybe I'm being a bit slow today. Aren't the photo and the specs you gave from the same website (MBike.com)?

I've had TWO people at the Honda Dealership on Huay Kaew Rd in Chiang Mai SWEAR to me that the new CBR 150 is "coming soon". Even took down my name and phone number to call me as soon as they get one in. Still waiting.......

To me the CBR 150 was a GREAT bike, except for two things. 1) Going over 110 felt like I was going to be blown off by the wind. 2) Headlight at night was practically worthless. BUT, if they come out with a 150 that is F/I, increase the windscreen so there's less wind resistance, and fix the headlights, I'd probably get another one. If they come back with the 250RR, that's a definite possibility. Not really crazy about the "sitting up" position of the VTR250, so if they don't do either of the first two things, come January I'll go with the Ninja 250. Rented one for a day and had a blast! Even at 120kph on the highway you don't have the wind resistance like the CBR.

But, I'm a Honda fan and I'll wait and see what they come up with. Just wish they would hurry the heck up!!!!