Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

^ Unfortunately for the Kawa customers.

Strict over pricing on the model, taking advantage of potential customers due to their then monopoly on the market.

Quite disgusting behaviour really.

Edited by hehehoho

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Unfortunately for the Kawa customers.

Strict over pricing on the model, taking advantage of potential customers due to their then monopoly on the market.

Quite disgusting behaviour really.

There you go blabbering nonsense again- the Ninjette sold in the US is lower spec (hence cheaper) than the Euro model Ninjette sold in Thailand. Ninjette prices and are in fact CHEAPER in Thailand than in most other markets (Europe, UK). The Ninja 250R is more expensive than the Honda CB'r' simply because it's a better bike. But if you can't afford a Ninjette then I suppose a Honda thumper will have to do... :rolleyes:

Price in Chumphon is 99k standard and 115K for abs. These are the same prices that honda chumphon have charged from day one. As with any product, price variations can be found.

FWIW that is not the case with Kawasaki. The price is the same at every Kawasaki Big Bike dealer in Thailand. KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

yep, Kawasaki has chosen a pricing profile similar to all TH car dealers, making Finance companies want to deal with them. Check out the interest on Ninjette 250 and Cbr 250 and you will notice 50% less interest when handled by a major financecompany working with Kawasaki.

Honda is still doing moped financing

Price in Chumphon is 99k standard and 115K for abs. These are the same prices that honda chumphon have charged from day one. As with any product, price variations can be found.

FWIW that is not the case with Kawasaki. The price is the same at every Kawasaki Big Bike dealer in Thailand. KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

yep, Kawasaki has chosen a pricing profile similar to all TH car dealers, making Finance companies want to deal with them. Check out the interest on Ninjette 250 and Cbr 250 and you will notice 50% less interest when handled by a major financecompany working with Kawasaki.

The above is almost true (not sure about the 50% less). I can get a Ninja for either 10 or 12% yearly interest (depends on how low the deposit)

on the Honda i can get 15% (1.25% per month) with a low(ish) deposit(25%) and 12% (1%) with a 40%deposit.

(this is at 2 dealers i went to. other Dealers may have different offers. and you may have to negotiate.. makes it more fun)

But the difference is i just go into the shop with my details and its all done there and then. The Kawasaki IS slightly cheaper on finance yes. But the ease of finance is better with the moped financing :D:D

PS. It's only a matter of time before one of the big finance houses has finance for the Cbr. I would guess khrungsriauto will be the 1st.

Just found a reference to the 3rd bangkok used car and import show on the Khrunsriauto website suggesting that they finance the Honda cbr250 already.

Edited by thaicbr

The above is almost true (not sure about the 50% less). I can get a Ninja for either 10 or 12% yearly interest (depends on how low the deposit)

on the Honda i can get 15% (1.25% per month) with a low(ish) deposit(25%) and 12% (1%) with a 40%deposit.

(this is at 2 dealers i went to. other Dealers may have different offers. and you may have to negotiate.. makes it more fun)

But the difference is i just go into the shop with my details and its all done there and then. The Kawasaki IS slightly cheaper on finance yes. But the ease of finance is better with the moped financing :D:D

PS. It's only a matter of time before one of the big finance houses has finance for the Cbr. I would guess khrungsriauto will be the 1st.

Just found a reference to the 3rd bangkok used car and import show on the Khrunsriauto website suggesting that they finance the Honda cbr250 already.

krungsri GE do the cbr250 already, at 0,99% a month, ad kasikorn.

they also do the Ninjette, at 5,5% a year.

Both 30% down

Until Honda AP streamlines their distribution and pricepolicy, I believe they will remain at moped finance. No public co ltd finance will work with a product/sales org without a stable pricing, without applying risk pricing = higher interest

cbr250 at 125k baht, 20% down, so 80% financed, which is the sales price in half the dealers in the country, IOW zero down :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kata said:

Both 30% down

Until Honda AP streamlines their distribution and pricepolicy, I believe they will remain at moped finance. No public co ltd finance will work with a product/sales org without a stable pricing, without applying risk pricing = higher interest

cbr250 at 125k baht, 20% down, so 80% financed, which is the sales price in half the dealers in the country, IOW zero down :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kata.. according to the Kawasaki website the Ninja 250 is 10 or 12% interest.

So i'm not sure where your getting 5.5% from. Unless your looking at the bigger bikes which do have lower interest but 6.5 to 8% on the ninja650.

Kata said:

Both 30% down

So i'm not sure where your getting 5.5% from. Unless your looking at the bigger bikes which do have lower interest but 6.5 to 8% on the ninja650.

kwaker Phuket pricelist couple of months ago, could have been a time limited promotion tho.

The thing with fixed prices like kawasaki and car dealers in TH, whenever they want to reduce markup to increase sales, they use lowered interest (payed by dealer/maker to financecompany) and/or freebies

Kata said:

Both 30% down

kwaker Phuket pricelist couple of months ago, could have been a time limited promotion tho.

The thing with fixed prices like kawasaki and car dealers in TH, whenever they want to reduce markup to increase sales, they use lowered interest (payed by dealer/maker to financecompany) and/or freebies

True enough. or this being Thailand it COULD have been a <deleted> up by Kawasaki Phuket.... :D

But i do get your point about Honda's distribution set up and totally agree with you. until they start enforcing a retail price its going to be difficult for finance companies to do deals. (its actually what the manager of Khrungsri told me at the motorshow a few months ago.. I believe that they may have sorted it know as they seem to be doing a deal at the 2nd hand show)..

I also still find it weird that they still do not seem able to do finance on 2nd hand bikes yet either.

Edited by thaicbr

Kata said:

Both 30% down

True enough. or this being Thailand it COULD have been a <deleted> up by Kawasaki Phuket.... :D

But i do get your point about Honda's distribution set up and totally agree with you. until they start enforcing a retail price its going to be difficult for finance companies to do deals. (its actually what the manager of Khrungsri told me at the motorshow a few months ago.. I believe that they may have sorted it know as they seem to be doing a deal at the 2nd hand show)..

I also still find it weird that they still do not seem able to do finance on 2nd hand bikes yet either.

kawasaki Phuket is same owner as Nissan Phuket, assuming they are well connected in the Financemarket.

Seem to have a krungsri GE rep in showroom every time I am there

Kata said:

Both 30% down

kawasaki Phuket is same owner as Nissan Phuket, assuming they are well connected in the Financemarket.

Seem to have a krungsri GE rep in showroom every time I am there

AHHH so they may have sidestepped the official Kawasaki finance sheme....sneaky.

If I change the exhaust system, do I need to reset the ECU? Anyone know how to reset it?

At the moment. .Most people say you do not NEED TO RESET YOUR ecu. But with a power commander AND a full exhaust you will gain about 3hp.

Google sportisi they do exhausts and power commanders BUT they are in Indonesia.

If I change the exhaust system, do I need to reset the ECU? Anyone know how to reset it?

At the moment. .Most people say you do not NEED TO RESET YOUR ecu. But with a power commander AND a full exhaust you will gain about 3hp.

Google sportisi they do exhausts and power commanders BUT they are in Indonesia.

I've got a Tsukugi full system already. Stainless steal not carbon fiber. Debating what to with it! I've only got 250km on the clock.

I've an aftermarket full system and resetting the ECU after 3 days with it changed it dramatically for the better.

It did not self adjust.

I was told by someone with an aftermarket pipe on for the past few months, that when they reset the ECU a few days ago the results were great.

Wait a few days as I'm going to experiment a bit with different things. One thing I want to try is the airbox mod with stock exhaust and ECU reset.

I'll try to do a photo log of the ECU reset.

Edited by hehehoho