Aaa Batteries

Fanta

I am just trying to remmember about the wide availabilty of AAA batteries in thailand. I used to buy AA all the time everywhere even in more remote villages and Lao for example but I can rember if AAA were around too.. I am just about to buy a mp3 player (im still in north america right now by the way) that runs on a AAA. just need to know that I can get batteries.. retarded question i know... khrap mak khap.

Why not buy the rechargable type?  Rechargable AAA 900ma batteries are around 80-90 baht (I think).  If you use them often, it's more economic and better for the environment.

Rechargeables actually produce a slightly lower voltage than regular batteries. They're worth trying out, but there's no guarantee they'll work all the time (although the lower voltage is usually more of an issue where there are moving parts involved.)

Had a problem a long time ago with an Aiwa walkman - it kept freezing up with rechargeables when moving the head to play in the reverse direction, but never had a problem with proper batteries.

True, but I think that pretty much all modern consumer electronics that run on AA/AAA's should be able to run on rechargables. Tape walkmans are a bit archaic, and the question was about batteries for an MP3 player.. and I've used rechargable AAA's on 3 of them with no problems.