Do You Remember Your First Time?

skybluestu

This was meant to be about people's first bike, the first time they rode it and how they did. But it's good, if a little unnerving, to hear about people's first crash too as it means they are still here to tell their story. :)

I suggest next time you make your title it more specific. Saying "Do you remember you first time." then posting 3 videos of people crashing made me, and apparently others, think you were talking about your first crashes.

This was meant to be about people's first bike, the first time they rode it and how they did. But it's good, if a little unnerving, to hear about people's first crash too as it means they are still here to tell their story. :)

I suggest next time you make your title it more specific. Saying "Do you remember you first time." then posting 3 videos of people crashing made me, and apparently others, think you were talking about your first crashes.

Well the videos are about peoples first ride and then crashing, I was asking about peoples first ride and how it went, not their first crash, sorry if you were confused. But as many people posted about their first bike not everyone was confused. But, like I said already, it's all good!

Are we talking first bike or first scar from a bike? Mine are concurrentlaugh.gif

Looking at my elbow are we talking first bike or first scar from a bike. Mine are concurrent.laugh.gif

Looking at my elbow are we talking first bike or first scar from a bike. Mine are concurrent.laugh.gif

And apparently so are your posts!! lol

Avoid using "back" on your browser. It will make it seem like your post didn't get posted. When you do see a duplicate post (I make them all the time) you can click "report" and report it to a mod and they will delete the duplicate(s). :)

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Are we talking first bike or first scar from a bike? Mine are concurrentlaugh.gif

And apparently so are your posts!! lol

Avoid using "back" on your browser. It will make it seem like your post didn't get posted. When you do see a duplicate post (I make them all the time) you can click "report" and report it to a mod and they will delete the duplicate(s). :)

What happened is TOT hung,then spat me out. Came back nothing then all of a sudden three. Just a TIT day.

Edited by VocalNeal

First was a Honda Dream Mk2 a couple of years ago. Loved it so much I rented a beat up one for 4 months at 1500B a month. Probably paid its value in rent.

Yet to have a crash, and worried I've not learnt how to crash properly. Maybe I should try falling off, just for experience sake.

I was 17, and along with a bunch of other 17 and 18 year olds rented a scooter on the Greek island of Paros.

I got on the bike, took off, wanted to brake, panicked and hit the gas instead, and promptly crashed into the wall opposite the rental shop. It was a little embarrassing but after that early warning, I had no further issues.

The exact same thing happens every day at the rental shop in Pai, actually... some clueless Israelis get on the bike for the first time, and *boom* crash within 10 meters of the shop :lol:

First, was one of those pedal mopeds. Managed to wrap myself around a goal post on the football field in front of my house. I was 14 and it put me off for a while. The second time was on a monkey bike and I popped the clutch too quickly and the bike tried to climb the nearest conker tree with me hanging on for dear life.

4 wheel vehicle virginity lost in a friend's mum's Hillman Imp. His parents were away so he decided to teach me to drive in the front driveway of his mansion like house. Again a sticky clutch, releasing it slowly nothing seemed to happen so he told me to let it out all the way. I just took my foot off while the other pressed down on the accelerator. Bast*rd didn't stall and took off. Drove the thing straight up his front steps, damaging the car and the shock resulted in the front door to the house jamming. Took more than a month for the house to settle and the door to open normally. Took me more than three months to pay for the damage from my summer job. Those were the days!!!! :lol:

I was 15 and spendt all my savings on an Italian Gilera enduro 2 stroke 50cc, tuned to hit 80 kmh. Had only been riding auto pedal mopeds previously, but I knew how to clutch and gear from my mum and dads cars :rolleyes:

No accidents with the Gilera, moved up to Suzuki GT125 in 1978. kept it stock for a few months, tuned it to hit 110kmh with pillion, then crashed it twice in 6 months, last crash I broke my leg under a 18 wheeler. No crashes or drops the following 31 years and +100k km until last august with a few concrete kisses in Phuket. I find myself using helmet more often these days :)