Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am 90% sure I will get it done.

I will probably do it this month sometime when I get a spare few hours.

I still need to ask them a few questions about it. But I will inform you when I do it, you can meet me down there if you like.

Not really bothered with a SATnav unless it comes with the unit that I like. I just want to have a decent DVD player.

Thanks for that. As of Monday I am away for most of Sept so I'll probably miss your timing. I am really interested to find out about the result though.

From my perspective, I'm very happy with the Bluetooth facility, not so happy with the factory rear camera in the mirror which although very clear just seems odd for some reason and I am very unimpressed with the factory sound system, which I find either way too loud or far too quiet with a base resonance which seems to be competing with regular car noises. Do you agree, or am I the odd man out here? PS Wildtrak 3.2

ps, by end of Sept or shortly thereafter, if #2 is gathering dust, drop me a line. shhh

USB only on the Wildtrak. I've got the AUX socket there. Wouldn't surprise me if I could get the cover off, that a USB socket is hiding beneath. For some bizarre reason Ford thought USB is only for top end models sad.png

The wiring is there for the USB but you need the Bluetooth module which hides under the Airbag, wiring is also there for it.

Interesting. Do you know if this upgrade is being offered by anyone?

I have all the components here from a Ranger I have stripped out, I will fit them to mine and report back if it is all plug and play. If yes I can give you the part numbers to buy them from Ford.

I still need to ask them a few questions about it. But I will inform you when I do it, you can meet me down there if you like.

Not really bothered with a SATnav unless it comes with the unit that I like. I just want to have a decent DVD player.

Thanks for that. As of Monday I am away for most of Sept so I'll probably miss your timing. I am really interested to find out about the result though.

From my perspective, I'm very happy with the Bluetooth facility, not so happy with the factory rear camera in the mirror which although very clear just seems odd for some reason and I am very unimpressed with the factory sound system, which I find either way too loud or far too quiet with a base resonance which seems to be competing with regular car noises. Do you agree, or am I the odd man out here? PS Wildtrak 3.2

ps, by end of Sept or shortly thereafter, if #2 is gathering dust, drop me a line. shhh

Sorry James, both collected now!

Sorry James, both collected now!

no worries mate, if you drive anything like Web or rather his wife, you might need one for parts ;)

I just put my Ford in for the first service at 10K.

Costing me 4,000 baht for a old change and filter. I will do the next one myself.

Hopefully they will give me my white plates today smile.png

I heard Fords were expensive to service here but 4k for an oil filter and drain the oil is CRAZY!!!

The Ford website now has a page listing prices of spare parts

http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger/cost-of-ownership/part-price-comparison

Costing me 4,000 baht for a old change and filter. I will do the next one myself.

I heard Fords were expensive to service here but 4k for an oil filter and drain the oil is CRAZY!!!

http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger/cost-of-ownership/part-price-comparison

And in general, these parts are very pricey compared to other manufacturers.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

And in general, these parts are very pricey compared to other manufacturers.

If you look at the part price comparison you will see that your statement is completely incorrect

Hey Web and Kiwi, your 4k oil change got me thinking is this normal so i visited the new nissan website and found the attached for service costs up to 100k on the navara.

looks like 1,140 baht or so. Must be expensive oil they are putting in your ranger?

post-22903-0-63200700-1347258793_thumb.j

Edited by bkkjames

Hey Web and Kiwi, your 4k oil change got me thinking is this normal so i visited the new nissan website and found the attached for service costs up to 100k on the navara.

looks like 1,140 baht or so. Must be expensive oil they are putting in your ranger?

They are using Castrol Magnatec 5-30w

I see, so it's 3k more for this oil?

I see, so it's 3k more for this oil?

Castrol Magnatec 5w30 A5/B5 is Fully Synthetic and 9.75 liters total. I'd guess a refill is 9 liters. Which would cost about 3200 baht just for the oil.

I just heard of a Thai guy who also went somewhere to put in a DVD player and it totally farked up the electrics, he lost his warrantee and took a few weeks to sort it all out and fix it.

He said he did it in Rangsit, so I am a little worried now.

I wish Ford would just bring out a bigger screen with a DVD option.

I just heard of a Thai guy who also went somewhere to put in a DVD player and it totally farked up the electrics, he lost his warrantee and took a few weeks to sort it all out and fix it.

He said he did it in Rangsit, so I am a little worried now.

I wish Ford would just bring out a bigger screen with a DVD option.

As long as the car is under warranty, I would avoid messing up with the electronics, except if it is done by a Ford dealership or under their control... The Srinakarin dealer had rounded up someone to.replace the central unit with a reversing camera etc on an Escape. Maybe get in touch with them?

I wanted to put a set of Daylights and I was advised against it by one of the accessories shop owner,because it's gonna mess up something(?)...I would say that normally they want to sell you everything they can,so I need to get a second opinion on this as well...

Your warranty/guarantee becomes void when you incorrectly add to the electrical load of the vehicle and burn the wiring system, welcome to the world of CANBUS, there is a right way and wrong, you will soon learn which one is wrong when the vehicle needs a new wiring harness fitted at great expense.

Your warranty/guarantee becomes void when you incorrectly add to the electrical load of the vehicle and burn the wiring system, welcome to the world of CANBUS, there is a right way and wrong, you will soon learn which one is wrong when the vehicle needs a new wiring harness fitted at great expense.

I guess NOT!...thanks for the warning...not worth it wink.png

Man, you would think Ford would bring in a bigger screen.

I want a DVD player, but I might wait a few months to be safe. The salesman at Ford said there is no alternative just yet and the wiring of the Ford Ranger is a lot more complicated compared to a lot of cars. Not sure if he is blowing smoke up my ass though.

Man, you would think Ford would bring in a bigger screen.

I want a DVD player, but I might wait a few months to be safe. The salesman at Ford said there is no alternative just yet and the wiring of the Ford Ranger is a lot more complicated compared to a lot of cars. Not sure if he is blowing smoke up my ass though.

cant you just rig up an ipad and plug it into your lighter? lol