Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Thanks for the info gents, i guess i'll give it a couple more days and see how it goes. Could do without going back and having to sit about for a couple hours to get it sorted!

Does anyone have the camera installed in the Ford logo badge on the tail gate? Was quoted 4K for this yesterday, any experiences?

Thanks.

4k for the badge mounted camera and the internal mirror ?

YIp, pretty sure that's wot they said.

If you can get the Ford badge camera with the mirror installed for 4,000 baht you better jump at that deal. It cost me about $350 to get the unit from the US and I installed it myself.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info gents, i guess i'll give it a couple more days and see how it goes. Could do without going back and having to sit about for a couple hours to get it sorted!

Does anyone have the camera installed in the Ford logo badge on the tail gate? Was quoted 4K for this yesterday, any experiences?

Thanks.

4k for the badge mounted camera and the internal mirror ?

YIp, pretty sure that's wot they said.

If you can get the Ford badge camera with the mirror installed for 4,000 baht you better jump at that deal. It cost me about $350 to get the unit from the US and I installed it myself.

Not to mention to buy the parts from Ford Thailand (The USA sourced ones are for an F150) they will qoute you 26,000 baht.

EDIT: what is up with the gay quoting now, why was the old style changed ?

Edited by Spoonman

A Thai friend of mine just bought one. Had a look around it and did the shut the door test, Rattle, tinny, eeeer hmmmmm. Not impressed. sad.png

8 months 17,000km of 4x4 fun, no rattles, squeaks or complaints. Just like day one!

A Thai friend of mine just bought one. Had a look around it and did the shut the door test, Rattle, tinny, eeeer hmmmmm. Not impressed. sad.png

8 months 17,000km of 4x4 fun, no rattles, squeaks or complaints. Just like day one!

thumbsup.gif

Transam, why dont you try it yourself rather than listening to a third party that way when you speak you can do it from a position of knowledge rather than a position of ignorance......

thumbsup.gif

Transam, why dont you try it yourself rather than listening to a third party that way when you speak you can do it from a position of knowledge rather than a position of ignorance......

Transam you mischeiveous Vigo tinker! :D

6 or so years ago I looked at buying a Ford Escape and remember doing a very similar shut the door test - It was utter <deleted>. I mean it was just so light, tinny and everything that Transam says above. So, that was one of the first thing I did with the Ranger (right after I kicked the tyres). Solid in comparison. Mines 6 months old and no rattle, no hum, no squeaks, no woman no cry.

Although....one minor gripe... I have lost the 12V Power Outlet cap which is a tad annoying... Just been into Ford to see if I could nick one off their demo model but someone has beat me to it. Wasn't any of you lot was it?

My Ranger also feels rock solid, first time I sat in one and closed the door, I thought, man this ting is build like a tank.

The new Ranger got 4 or 5 star safety rating, I think a Vigo is 2 or 3, think about that Transy next time you ride your beloved Vigo.wink.png

My now sold Honda City 06 really felt like a tin can in comparison to my Ranger but it was a good ride for what it is.

My Ranger also feels rock solid, first time I sat in one and closed the door, I thought, man this ting is build like a tank.

The new Ranger got 4 or 5 star safety rating, I think a Vigo is 2 or 3, think about that Transy next time you ride your beloved Vigo.wink.png

My now sold Honda City 06 really felt like a tin can in comparison to my Ranger but it was a good ride for what it is.

Guzzie it was maximum 5 stars mate and it is also the only Pickup ever to get 5 stars... I think you may find the only other vehicles on the roads in Thailand with 5 star Euro Encap awards are your BMW's and Merc's and a few other vehicles that are all in a way higher price range than the Ranger

Transam you mischeiveous Vigo tinker! biggrin.png

6 or so years ago I looked at buying a Ford Escape and remember doing a very similar shut the door test - It was utter <deleted>. I mean it was just so light, tinny and everything that Transam says above. So, that was one of the first thing I did with the Ranger (right after I kicked the tyres). Solid in comparison. Mines 6 months old and no rattle, no hum, no squeaks, no woman no cry.

Although....one minor gripe... I have lost the 12V Power Outlet cap which is a tad annoying... Just been into Ford to see if I could nick one off their demo model but someone has beat me to it. Wasn't any of you lot was it?

Really - slamming the doors is a test of solidness, build quality and durability? I remember Hyundai did a survey which suggested customers liked a solid "thunk" when closing doors so they put the requisite weights (and tinkered around) in the door to give that same feeling... you've been had me hearties!!!

So had the same issue again with the sensors, went back today and got them changed out, work fine now - touch wood.

Asked again about the camera, 4K, he will have them in stock in about 5-7 days.

This new quoting format is wank!

Transam you mischeiveous Vigo tinker! biggrin.png

Really - slamming the doors is a test of solidness, build quality and durability? I remember Hyundai did a survey which suggested customers liked a solid "thunk" when closing doors so they put the requisite weights (and tinkered around) in the door to give that same feeling... you've been had me hearties!!!

nooooooooo!!!! hit-the-fan.gifSay it aint so! You'll be telling us next that the tyre kicking test has no merit! I tried it on a Chevy Cruze and the wheel fell off.

JaiLai, on 09 Mar 2013 - 13:20, said:

Does anyone know of anywhere that tool boxes are available for the back of 2013 Rangers? in BKK or Chonburi?

http://www.autostylinguk.co.uk/products/ProductDetail/Toolbox-MaxBox-Concorde-EXTRA/SC4X4/PG/GCFORA3E/PCRTBMCONX/PRvehicle/FB/FPTOOLB.html

Just done a search, the Max Liner factory is in KlongTamru, http://www.maxliner.com/contact.php but I'm sure that others will know locally where/who fits them - or there's probably a load of other brands/types.

Edited by Ungabunga

Does anyone know of anywhere that tool boxes are available for the back of 2013 Rangers? in BKK or Chonburi?

http://www.autostylinguk.co.uk/products/ProductDetail/Toolbox-MaxBox-Concorde-EXTRA/SC4X4/PG/GCFORA3E/PCRTBMCONX/PRvehicle/FB/FPTOOLB.html

I hate to suggest it as people seem to loath the place but Boy at Boy air And Sound will order you one in (assuming he does not already sell them).

I hate to suggest it as people seem to loath the place but Boy at Boy air And Sound will order you one in (assuming he does not already sell them).

I can only tell of my own experience with fitting parking sensors, never worked so went back, changed then out with a new set, no issues, no charge.

Always seems to have quite a few customers there so must be doing something right!

Deck Lid: Anyone found our used an Aeroklas Deck Lid for the 2012 Ranger/4 cab? CM

One Year with the Ford Report; (not complaining)

1. Dynamo (alternator) failed in heavy rain. All systems, air-con on to un-fog front window, wipers at full, lights

stressed out the unit. Fixed under warrantee but down for 7 days while the ordered the alternator from BKK.

Had to rent a car.

After the fix I found an abandon part behind my front seat. It had a number....Google showed it a 3,700bt.

but no description. It was the insulation wrap for the battery. Took it back, they put it on. 4 mechanics

evidently needed as that was the crowd around the truck to replace it.

2. Engine management software or (firmware) as they call it is ofter updated. My engine still rattles under load

when warming up at low RMP. Back in the day I would say this was improper timing advancement.

3. Breaks continue to grab and low speed when cold. When warm the peddle has a distinct feeling of grabbing at low speed. Ford CM says "they all do that."

4. Speedometer (started two weeks ago) shows 100 KPH when speed is closer to 60 KPH.

Going in tomorrow for the 15K (I don't drive much) I love the ride, this is just a one year report of ownership.

I just came home from a mini holiday to BKK with my family in the Ranger.

So we went from Pattaya to BKK and back again here today and I am really impressed with the ride.

Did anything from 110-150km/h on the Toll Way and the truck was steady as a rock at all times and it felt like it could go on forever. At some stage I lowered the speed to 120 and my wife asked me why I drive so slowly and I told her that I am doing the allowed max speed which she was surprised about, he-he.

Very comfortable ride so really looking forward to a ChangMai trip at some time.

Was fiddling around with the cruise control, nice to have but not really that important.

Not too bad navigating it downtown BKK, nice to sit a bit high so you can see what going on around you, okay admittedly when we reached the hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 8 we parked it there until we went home again and used Sky Train- Tuk Tuk and Taxi as mode of transportation.

Speedometer shows app 4 km/h too much at 120km/h compared to the Garmin Nav. unit which is not too bad.

Yes as others also mention, the ACC is really really good, he-he.

No dents or scratches but man it's dirty, I better go and wash it.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Not too bad navigating it downtown BKK, nice to sit a bit high so you can see what going on around you, okay admittedly when we reached the hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 8 we parked it there until we went home again and used Sky Train- Tuk Tuk and Taxi as mode of transportation.

Surprisingly, I've found large taller vehicles (that have squarish corners) very easy to drive around Bangkok. I used to keep my Everest in Bangkok and even on small sois it was very easy because you could stick your front end out in front and others could see you in blind spots.

Parallel parking & tiny cramped parking garages (like at Pantip) are a different matter...

I can see why you Mellon Cart Fans like the Ranger. My Mate (Newbie) has just popped in with, and i Quote, according to the badges a new..Isuzu. 4By4 , V Cross . X . Executive 3.0 .Plus 2 more badges on the back,assuring you it wont fall over. I did like the 18 Inch Chrome Look Wheels. Took me a while to read all the Gunge. At least Ford are an easy read. God Knows how much that cost him. At least it aint in Wanabee Black Ford dont seem so popular up North.coffee1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I am giving this thread a bump becuase like thousands of others I have a long wait ahead of me for my 3.2 Wildtrak and I would like to hear that some people are taking delivery. Whats the wait time now...still plus 12 months or has anyone found a way to shorten this? If so please share or PM me as the wait is killing me. And I would pay for the right option.

Took my 2.2WT to Ford Pattaya the other day for 1000 km oil change despite them telling us it was not necessary to do until 15K km or 9 month (whichever is first).

I was checking the 2-3 mechanics working on my truck and they seemed competent enough, used fixed spanners and they took all the wheels off and checked the balancing on them.

One of them was knocking on all the inside panels in the cabin for some reason, he-he.

3200 bath (for oil) and they were polite and efficient but busy with mostly Focus's and Ranger's so I waited app 1 hour for them to start the service check (booked in advance).

Well free coffee and tea and biscuits and they have Thai and English newspapers (up to date) and I had a chat with a nice British guy that had some problems with his GPS in his Everest.

I find them more polite than Honda Pattaya where I sometimes had to hold my temper due to arrogant service.

Still love the truck.