Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Was out at Ford Udon this morning to schedule my service and there was a chilli orange 3.2 on the delivery service stand so they do exist in captivity after all. I also saw a red 3.2 with a quite tasteful custom paint job on Phosri Road a few hours later.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In at 9AM for the 30,000km 'free' service at the Ford shop. They test drove it afterwards and it was ready to take away a little after 11AM. I declined the optional car wash as I was pressed for time, the truck was filthy and I would get a better job for 150 baht at the car wash anyway. They also declined to rotate the wheels which was a disappointment. I would rather they had rotated the wheels rather than hit it with a bucket and sponge!

Anyway, it cost 4461.90 baht if anyone is interested.

In at 9AM for the 30,000km 'free' service at the Ford shop. They test drove it afterwards and it was ready to take away a little after 11AM. I declined the optional car wash as I was pressed for time, the truck was filthy and I would get a better job for 150 baht at the car wash anyway. They also declined to rotate the wheels which was a disappointment. I would rather they had rotated the wheels rather than hit it with a bucket and sponge!

What did you get for 4461.90 baht?

Hi guys, does anyone take their bikes with them regularly? I just had a bike mount rack made. Previously I had just been strapping the bikes down with tie-downs and bungees but they were still prone to moving around causing damage and the paintwork was getting bashed. It can carry 3 bikes comfortably. I bought 3 quick-release skewers and just use these to fasten/unfasten the forks. The rack is secured to the cross-member at each end using bolts, so its easily removed;

post-30245-0-71880400-1369136685_thumb.j post-30245-0-49509800-1369138739_thumb.j post-30245-0-21345500-1369136793_thumb.j post-30245-0-58406200-1369136987_thumb.j

Plenty of other solutions of course but I had seen this done by someone else and thought it was alright for what I needed. Hope the info is of use.

As the bed liner on the Wildtrak models does not cover the lip of the tailgate and is prone to getting bashed I got one of these protective covers which just attaches with 3M strong foam tape. It's color coded to match the sport bar.

post-30245-0-29603900-1369140022_thumb.j post-30245-0-64463800-1369140416_thumb.j post-30245-0-69954800-1369140541_thumb.j post-30245-0-06210400-1369140820_thumb.j

If anyone interested they're available via a poster on the Thai new ranger club forum, from a company called GT Pro (Bangkok). The contact there is Khun Bird.

I will work on a translation...

Apart from the 4 and-a-bit liters of lube, oil and air filter, the 30 baht 'seal' and the labour, the only difference between this one and the previous 15,000 km service was a bottle of DOT4 brake fluid (top up?). They didn't run a can of engine cleaner through the engine before the old oil was flushed out like the did on the first service either.

Did the sums on my fuel consumption and my figures tally pretty much with the onboard calculation of 8.8L/100km. That's a tad over 32 MPG (UK) or almost 27 MPG (US).

Edited by NanLaew

Apart from the 4 and-a-bit liters of lube, filter, the 30 baht 'seal' and the labour, the only difference between this one and the previous 15,000 km service was a bottle of DOT4 brake fluid (top up?) and they didn't run a can of engine cleaner through the engine before the old oil was flushed out like the did on the first service.

$150.00 for an oil change??? shock1.gif1zgarz5.gif And I hope they used more than 4 liters in an engine that requires 7

Apart from the 4 and-a-bit liters of lube, filter, the 30 baht 'seal' and the labour, the only difference between this one and the previous 15,000 km service was a bottle of DOT4 brake fluid (top up?) and they didn't run a can of engine cleaner through the engine before the old oil was flushed out like the did on the first service.

Had my 15,000 km service last week. They had a price list for all service intervals on a wall chart. The 30,000 km service is priced higher than the first. Shame the chart doesn't list what they're supposed to be doing.

Btw hope they put more than 4 and a bit litres of oil in.

$150.00 for an oil change??? shock1.gif1zgarz5.gif And I hope they used more than 4 liters in an engine that requires 7

8.6 lt for 2.2 engine

Yes, my mistake.....8.6 it is in the manual. However I watched them put in 8 and it is right to the top of the dipstick hash area with that.

$150.00 for an oil change??? :shock1::redcard2: And I hope they used more than 4 liters in an engine that requires 7

8.6 lt for 2.2 engine
My typo... 2 x 4L bottles and half a 1L bottle.

Did you sign up (or did they offer) you the discounted service plan? The service manager signed me up on my 15,000 km service. Some savings over 'list' price which I assume is what they reckon getting serviced by Somchai's Auto Shop will cost you. There's a brochure, all in Thai so no real idea how it works. Both services have cost less than 'list' prices.

Edited by NanLaew

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

A guy I know picked up his Wildtrak 3.2 from his Ford dealer in Bankgok last weekend. He changed the wheels & tyres and also had an ARB suspension system fitted on the same day.

I have inherited his stock 18" wheels & tyres and I intend to replace my Ford 17" with these. He also gave me his coil springs, shocks etc that were removed from his 3.2 but I am not sure if I really need or not? Apart from them being more or less brand new, do you think there is any benefit for me to change out the whole lot at same time as doing the wheels?

A guy I know picked up his Wildtrak 3.2 from his Ford dealer in Bankgok last weekend. He changed the wheels & tyres and also had an ARB suspension system fitted on the same day.

I have inherited his stock 18" wheels & tyres and I intend to replace my Ford 17" with these. He also gave me his coil springs, shocks etc that were removed from his 3.2 but I am not sure if I really need or not? Apart from them being more or less brand new, do you think there is any benefit for me to change out the whole lot at same time as doing the wheels?

If yours is the 2.2 the 3.2 front coil springs will give your front end a slight lift due to the weight difference.

Waiting for trusted member and thread contributor Spoonman to update us on why his fairly new Ranger's engine blew up and died after driving through a 12" deep puddle last week.

Once I know more I'll definitely advise, very disapointing that a vehicle with a claimed wadding depth of 800mm (one reason I purchased it as my soi floods numerous times every wet season) can suffer an engine failure after such shallow water, even worse is the fact mine sits about 80mm higher than a standard vehicle due to my wheels (which I removed before taking the vehicle to the dealer).

Initially they claimed I drove through water too deep for it but that claim soon disappeared when they looked at the air filter assembly and noticed there is dust in the bottom of it.

They have 2 other Rangers there with the same problem.

Edited by Spoonman

Once I know more I'll definitely advise, very disapointing that a vehicle with a claimed wadding depth of 800mm (one reason I purchased it as my soi floods numerous times every wet season) can suffer an engine failure after such shallow water, even worse is the fact mine sits about 80mm higher than a standard vehicle due to my wheels (which I removed before taking the vehicle to the dealer).

Initially they claimed I drove through water too deep for it but that claim soon disappeared when they looked at the air filter assembly and noticed there is dust in the bottom of it.

Great minds think alike. I just popped the bonnet on my XLT and confirmed that the air intake is about <deleted> height... and I am 6'4". The alternator is right up there too, up above the turbo.

I was suggesting cracking the pan and looking at the air filter but they did already and it's dry so bit of an issue indeed.

I recall a new Ranger owner on the UK Ranger forum having his WildTrak crap out in similar circumstances on a very rainy (but not flooded) drive within a few weeks of delivery. I recall they found some o-ring seal or similar underneath something or other that must have been improperly inserted at the factory. I think he said it took the techs some time to pinpoint it (not a major assembly?) and easily overlooked. I don't recall him specifically having rattles and white smoke but defo recall initial thinking was all about a warranty engine replacement (didn't need one). Anyway, it just died in the arse as he was tootling down the M6.

The Ranger seems definitely afflicted by a lot of conception and design issues. It is sad that such a great looking pickup could be so weak technically.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Ranger seems definitely afflicted by a lot of conception and design issues. It is sad that such a great looking pickup could be so weak technically.

A lot?

A lot?

I know of 3;

1. It is afraid of water.

2. The clutch release bearing is dodgy.

3. The front bumper upper mounts (to the fender) are a poor design and the slightest knock to the bumper breaks them.

If yours is the 2.2 the 3.2 front coil springs will give your front end a slight lift due to the weight difference.

Waiting for trusted member and thread contributor Spoonman to update us on why his fairly new Ranger's engine blew up and died after driving through a 12" deep puddle last week.

I guess all Ranger owners need to to a "flood test" while under warranty.

And I wonder why Ford would honor the warranty? They do not warranty the motor against water damages, unless I am mistaken. You should read carefully the manual or the warranty and check that point.

I have taken my 3.2 4x4 through water many times but only about to the level of the axle clearance but sometimes at speed. Okay I was playing like a kid and splashing the water 5m in the air. But will take this warning in to consideration. sad.png ah no fun! I will keep the water limit to running boards height.

Edited by gosompoi

And I wonder why Ford would honor the warranty? They do not warranty the motor against water damages, unless I am mistaken. You should read carefully the manual or the warranty and check that point.

I haven't examined the warranty or manual, but part of Ford's marketing was the ability of the New Ranger to ford (pardon the pun) 80cm deep water. Sounds like a possible fault with Spoonman's truck. Hopefully he'll let us know if his truck is covered by warranty.

Does anyone know where to get seat covers for 2 door WT and the approx cost?

I'm in Pattaya.

Thanks.

Hi JaiLai, I'm sorry I don't know any local places, but if you're after covers in a 'Wildtrak' style then one place that supply them is "Master M Cover" in Bangkok, who deliver them. Here is their website with contact details: http://www.carseatthai.com/ There are some WT pics on their FB page too.

post-30245-0-47968900-1371361110_thumb.j post-30245-0-11850000-1371360718_thumb.j post-30245-0-14789600-1371360802_thumb.j

Ones pictured above were 6,500 Baht, for a 4 door XLT.

I have taken my 3.2 4x4 through water many times but only about to the level of the axle clearance but sometimes at speed. Okay I was playing like a kid and splashing the water 5m in the air. But will take this warning in to consideration. :( ah no fun! I will keep the water limit to running boards height.

Drove mine through Sunday morning's torrential downpour as I headed (late) to the airport. Lots spray and standing water encountered at +100 kmh (did I say I was late?) and even a couple of water walls from big trucks hitting standing water pools on the nearside lanes. No problems.

It was dry north of the newly completed motorway merge and on the dry part of the trip, managed 160 kmh; absolutely no traffic at 5 AM. From the PTT station at the motorway ramp on Sukhumvit, to being parked in the short term parking took 58 minutes.

Does anyone know where to get seat covers for 2 door WT and the approx cost?

I'm in Pattaya.

Thanks.

Hi JaiLai, I'm sorry I don't know any local places, but if you're after covers in a 'Wildtrak' style then one place that supply them is "Master M Cover" in Bangkok, who deliver them. Here is their website with contact details: http://www.carseatthai.com/ There are some WT pics on their FB page too.

attachicon.gif1516368dzha5vi6d870d8b.jpg attachicon.gif151849lb4b620z5hwxxt2d.jpg attachicon.gif152118f180ffum180mhm0f.jpg

Ones pictured above were 6,500 Baht, for a 4 door XLT.

Thanks for that, i'll give them a call, no response from website.