ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No RvP or Rooney against Swansea. Rooney has gone for 'warm weather recuperation' .... in America. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With his family! Halfway through the season! On 250 grand a week! He must be laying on that beach having a right laugh. Will be in the Caribbean is my guess, even Florida is below zero.

No RvP or Rooney against Swansea. Rooney has gone for 'warm weather recuperation' .... in America. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With his family! Halfway through the season! On 250 grand a week! He must be laying on that beach having a right laugh. Will be in the Caribbean is my guess, even Florida is below zero.

And he's taking his personal fitness coach.

Wot? Granny is going as well?

Well, he'll need someone to fetch the drinks, take the kids swimming, have a round of golf with etc etc.

For those who think Fergie has nothing to do with United's decline
tongue.png

Moyes told MUTV "Sir Alex has been fantastic. He has been incredibly supportive and is only there to help me."

"I have a conversation with him when I need it and I tend to see him for a minute or two after the games."

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9110168/manchester-united-boss-david-moyes-hits-out-at-critics-of-sir-alex-ferguson

David Moyes nominated for Premier League manager of month

Manchester United boss David Moyes is among the nominees for the Barclays Premier League manager of the month award for December.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25670678

He's definitely manager of the month for me. Apart from City, nobody has given me more enjoyment this season, than Moyes and the excellent job he's doing at United. Particularly this last month biggrin.png

Pellegrini won it in the end.

Rio Ferdinand: He has been one of the best central defenders in the Premier League and a great servant for Manchester United, but injuries and age have caught up with him. There has to be a role for him at the club, but not as a starting member of the first team. I would suggest he joins the coaching staff.

Did you know? United have won only 29% of their league games with Ferdinand in the side this season, compared to 62% without him.

Robbie Savage

I agree with what redrus said, the midfield has been an issue for sometime prior to Moyes arriving. However, there does appear to be unhappiness in the camp, and a number of players look like they are on the way out. Certainly Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani will not be missed. I'm not necessarily sure about letting Evra and Vidic go at this point, but can understand why they may want to move on.

I haven't been impressed with the way United have set themselves up in games, and some of the selcetions are crazy. The backroom staff IMO is out of its depth as well, and thats Moyes fault. There also seems to be a raft of injuries, and there are whisperings of complaints about Moyes and his training methods. Throw in the transfer circus of the summer, and so far his musings over the last week, and I am far from impressed.

I still don't think he has as long as he thinks to get this sorted.

i still really don't see how they sack him this season. 6-year deal, massive payoff, huge upheaval again, not to mention the sheer quantity of egg on the faces of ferguson and the glazers. he does look simply catastrophically out of his depth though, and that's ferguson's fault without question. if moyes were italian or spanish or french and the manager of the eighth best team in any of those countries' leagues there is no way on earth he would have got the man united job. ferguson seems to have picked him simply because he's scottish, not because of any actual ability or experience. but it would be a monumental climbdown to admit failure and sack him within his first season.

"Eighth best team"?? Shome mistake shurely H.

No doubt you can explain.

over the moyes tenure at everton they were probably about the eighth best team in england overall. not that complicated was it?

Not when you take the trouble to explain yourself adequately, no it wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear. If this isn't a season in decline, I don't know what is. When was the last time only one United player could hit the net in a penalty shoot out?

He's actually doing rather well and i have no doubt he will be very successful at Manchester Unitedermm.gifunsure.pngcheesy.gif

Stability stability stability.....i think it was a simple case that Ferguson wanted a jock to take over from himwink.png

i'm really, really not. that thing was not made by a city or liverpool fan. smile.png

Your darn right stevie. Never mind feeling sorry for them (don't recall them ever feeling sorry for us) I'm torn between wanting them to have a couple of seasons mid-table and then entering into the relegation battle. Or, after they have had a clear out in the summer, then watch them go down quicker. I won't feel sorry for them till they are a feeder club for Rochdale. tongue.png

i'm really, really not. that thing was not made by a city or liverpool fan. smile.png

Your darn right stevie. Never mind feeling sorry for them (don't recall them ever feeling sorry for us) I'm torn between wanting them to have a couple of seasons mid-table and then entering into the relegation battle. Or, after they have had a clear out in the summer, then watch them go down quicker. I won't feel sorry for them till they are a feeder club for Rochdale. tongue.png

I think the reality is Moyes will get sacked, they will finish mid table, but next seasons manager not likely to make the same mistakes. The job was just too big for him... Too big for many. The queue for succession has already started me thinks.

I think the reality is Moyes will get sacked, they will finish mid table, but next seasons manager not likely to make the same mistakes. The job was just too big for him... Too big for many. The queue for succession has already started me thinks.

Strange but i don't remember him in his Everton days being as inept and down right stupid in the things he comes out with at press conferences. And why does he keep saying he can't understand why they aren't winning because they are playing well? Does he think everyones blind? Thus far the press have been extremely kind to him.

United have a good draw in the champions league but if they were to get knocked out of that things might change.

Indeed, taking over directly from SAF was always going to be tough, for any manager.

I still think given time, that Moyes can turn things around, and fully support him being given that time... but, if and when the time does come for him to be replaced, i think it will be seen as a much more attractive post for a lot of top managers. The intimidating Fergie shadow will have diminished, and a completely new sheet can be turned. To stress, if and when.

Indeed, taking over directly from SAF was always going to be tough, for any manager.

I still think given time, that Moyes can turn things around, and fully support him being given that time... but, if and when the time does come for him to be replaced, i think it will be seen as a much more attractive post for a lot of top managers. The intimidating Fergie shadow will have diminished, and a completely new sheet can be turned. To stress, if and when.

Where do you stand on Fergusons presence at every game? I don't feel it helps Moyes one iota. Obviously its Ferguson's right to be there but baring in mind the huge task ahead and knowing that the new manager needs to get out from Fergusons shadow i feel its very unneeded

Ferguson being in the stands has absolutely no bearing on results ,just a media beat up which the knockers love to hitch onto.Tabloid drivel.

He would ,behind the scenes be nothing but supportive as would Gill ,Charlton and co,who are at every game.

Does anyone seriously suggest that the players even think about it ?

United really had so much luck last season and this year its going badly, they have even perfected the deflected goal syndrome but at the wrong end.

Moyes won't be sacked and the squad, he inherited, will be vastly changed over summer.

Where do you stand on Fergusons presence at every game? I don't feel it helps Moyes one iota. Obviously its Ferguson's right to be there but baring in mind the huge task ahead and knowing that the new manager needs to get out from Fergusons shadow i feel its very unneeded

Fergie merely being present in the stands is something i think the new manager should be able to cope with. Be different if he was going into the dressing room or something.

Whether it helps or hinders, hard to say, but we've got more fundamental problems to worry about at the moment. Get those problems sorted and i think the question of Fergie's presence becomes a non-issue.

I think at OT all the away fans should wear fergie masks tongue.png