Rugby World Cup?

Boks v Samoa, Boks take it 13-5

it was a bruising encounter, but the Boks held out just.

Based on what I saw tonight, I can see them lose the the wobblies in the quarters, they were ordinary

yes the boks are not going to get past the qtr.finls. again we have seen a bit of cheeting coming into the game player goes down holding his face and gets a player sent off for just a push in the face.our nigel wont be picked for top matches on that performance unless he was favouring the boks :blink:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boks v Samoa, Boks take it 13-5

it was a bruising encounter, but the Boks held out just.

Based on what I saw tonight, I can see them lose the the wobblies in the quarters, they were ordinary

yes the boks are not going to get past the qtr.finls. again we have seen a bit of cheeting coming into the game player goes down holding his face and gets a player sent off for just a push in the face.our nigel wont be picked for top matches on that performance unless he was favouring the boks :blink:

nigel wouldnt get the final anyway caus its wales vs an.other.[dreaming]

Tonga beat the frogs!

An upset but not unexpected as the pacific nations can be giant killers, Samoa came close last night but Tonga have done it,

Now England v Scotland, another upset on the cards?

England scrape home

But the concern for the ABs is Dan Carter is injured with a groin strain, how bad is not known to the masses yet

But it was shown on tv that he was limping off the training pitch and it looked serious

I still don't rate Slade highly, and it would seem the majority of the NZ public don't either

McCaw is also out with a foot injury but it doesn't seem as serious as Carters but if we were to lose McCaw and Carter there would be some problems

England scrape home

But the concern for the ABs is Dan Carter is injured with a groin strain, how bad is not known to the masses yet

But it was shown on tv that he was limping off the training pitch and it looked serious

I still don't rate Slade highly, and it would seem the majority of the NZ public don't either

McCaw is also out with a foot injury but it doesn't seem as serious as Carters but if we were to lose McCaw and Carter there would be some problems

wow, what a massive blow for all you all blacks supporters. just read on the BBC website that Carter has been ruled out for the rest of the world cup with that groin strain.

what do you think Donnyboy ? can your boys still do it without him pulling the strings and knocking over the points. as a rugby purest id love to see the kiwis lift the cup and be crowned world champions.

as for what's been going on this side of the globe, there's been quite a few ex - welsh internationals voicing there opinions and saying that they think the current international side have got a sniff.

This is as big as it gets to be honest, one of your best players out, and Carter being pivotal in his role in the side, Slade has some huge boots to fill and he is no Dan Carter,

We still have a strong side but first five is such a crucial position, and the other teams will surely know there is a good chance that they can beat the ABs without Carter.

Weepu has played first five before and has what it takes I believe.

the frogs are hopping,england got a bashing,scots so unlucky,2 games in a row they should have won,taffs could be singing in the valleys,now that dan carter is out what i have seen wales are not to be taken lightly.got the welsh flag ready to go alongside the thai one.

Carter is a blow but man for man the All Blacks can still match it with any other team........

The other teams flyhalves arent exactly doing any better than Slade/Cruden/Weepu. Jonny is a shell of his former self and Cooper is brilliant for 5 mins and woeful for the other 75. Having seen Steyn already on the plane the Boks lose their long range kicking option......injuries were always going to play a part as all teams are finding out now.

I still think its the blacks to lose but I also think the French are going to surprise through the knockout stages

Saw this on the web earlier:

ab-dc=(c+h+o+k+e)

Carter is a blow but man for man the All Blacks can still match it with any other team........

The other teams flyhalves arent exactly doing any better than Slade/Cruden/Weepu. Jonny is a shell of his former self and Cooper is brilliant for 5 mins and woeful for the other 75. Having seen Steyn already on the plane the Boks lose their long range kicking option......injuries were always going to play a part as all teams are finding out now.

I still think its the blacks to lose but I also think the French are going to surprise through the knockout stages

Saw this on the web earlier:

ab-dc=(c+h+o+k+e)

the French? that would be a surprise seeing that Tonga beat them yesterday

This is as big as it gets to be honest, one of your best players out, and Carter being pivotal in his role in the side, Slade has some huge boots to fill and he is no Dan Carter,

We still have a strong side but first five is such a crucial position, and the other teams will surely know there is a good chance that they can beat the ABs without Carter.

I'd never really thought of the All-Blacks as a one-man team.

After our last couple of games, now we know how the Italians felt in 2007.

Looking forward to some tremendous quarter-finals - Ireland Wales should be a cracker.

SC

the French? that would be a surprise seeing that Tonga beat them yesterday

The real tournament starts next week and I dont think you can judge too much on what has happened so far. As of this point you just have to have made it to the quarters. Dont write the Wallabies off either despite an ordinary game against Russia and the loss to the Irish.

Many teams, England and France included, have not played all their cards yet. Wales and Ireland have shown all their deck and will be overtaken from here on in.......

Anyway, Scotland on the plane...quite possibly the worst rugby team I've seen in a while. England were horrible under Andy Robinson...coincidence?

I'd never really thought of the All-Blacks as a one-man team.

After our last couple of games, now we know how the Italians felt in 2007.

Looking forward to some tremendous quarter-finals - Ireland Wales should be a cracker.

SC

the ABs arent a one man team, Carter is a player that has a major influence within the team, and he is a big match player, think back to the Lions tour where he scored 23 points vs the Lions in the 2nd test, incl 2 tries, 4 conv, 5 pen, ABs 48-18

also looking forward to the quarters,

all of them should be good!!

any predictions?

Ok since no one has made any predictions for the quarters I will start

Ireland v Wales, hhmm such a tough one to pick

Ireland played well against Australia and Wales almost got past the Boks, it should be a close one, Ireland by 5

England v France, looking forward to see what aces these two teams produce in the knock out stages but I won't hold my breath, England by 10

Australia v South Africa to me, the Boks look out of sorts so far and are lucky to top their pool after such close games and now without their long range goal kicker gone they may find the Wobblies too tough to crack

The Aussies have had injury issues too and add to that their shaky scrum that the Irish exposed could make them mince meat, Wobblies by 8

NZ v Argentina. The Argies should have what it takes up front and in kicking but that's where it should end

Abs have too much firepower in the centers and out wide, the loose forward trio are world class and should dominate at the break down as well, ABs by 20

i think a lot will depend on what conditions the teams will be playing, but here goes.

got a sneaky feeling the Welsh are going to produce something special this world cup !

Wales to win with ease by 12 -13 points over the Irish.

England by 6 -8 points over the Frogs, but i think it will be a topsy turvy affair and may well go down to the last ten minutes of play to find an outright winner.

again if the Boks get the conditions in their favour, i think they could well dominate the Aussies and grind out a win. S. Africa by 9 points.

as for the all blacks, with or without DC it should be a comfortable win and they could well run away with it with 25 minutes left on the clock ( time to put that marker down )

Kiwis by 28 points.

i don't know about any of you guys, but i cant wait for this weekends quarter - final matches ! the build up and the anticipation ahead of the games is really getting into full swing now. the atmosphere down under in N.Z. must be electric Donnyboy. you lucky guy, i would give my right arm to be there !

anyway its up early at 5.30 a.m. and down the boozer for a couple of pints of the black stuff and a full English. hope you enjoy the games where ever you may be in the world and lets hope the games live up to their billing.

Edited by tigerfish

hey TF, there's been a good vibe down here (Auckland) for awhile, just about every car around town has a mini flag on it and many houses and buildings have flags of the nations that they support, will try to post a couple of pics when i get out next week,

RWC party central downtown Auckland should be packed tonight,and tomorrow, 100,000 fans should turn up as the weather is fine

cleaned down the bbq this morning, so will throw a few steaks and chicken nibbles on for tea, and a few beers for good measure, and look forward to some NH rugby, bring it on!! smile.gif

Edited by Donnyboy

Wales to beat Ireland in a tough match.

England to beat the French. Depending on how we play it could be a rout with the French losing it and plenty of handbag fights.:lol:

Next, England to beat Wales relatively easily :D

The Aussies did well in the Tri-Nations so they will hammer out a win.

Same goes for the All Blacks.

Final to be England / Australia.:P

Wales were impressive tonight, dont think England can beat them, should they get past France biggrin.gif

Really enjoyed that game as a neutral, some great rugby and loads of effort. It will be an interesting afternoon with England against the French and as usual it will be a battle, could go either way. Come on England!

Wales were impressive tonight, dont think England can beat them, should they get past France biggrin.gif

Good Welsh defence against a disjointed Irish attack that lacked real flair though they did try. Well done to Wales.

5 minutes to the start of England beating the French and then we will see what the Welsh can do against us B)

Good Welsh defence against a disjointed Irish attack that lacked real flair though they did try. Well done to Wales.

5 minutes to the start of England beating the French and then we will see what the Welsh can do against us B)

sorry mate your on your way home ht.england down 16nil.:D