Currency Exchange O_O

Heyy guys I didnt know if this was the right place to post this...

I had a few questions...

1.) Where Do you guys recommend me exchange my USD to THB??

On my way will be in the Chicago Airport/Seoul Korea Airport/ And Bangkoks Intl Airport.

I will be living in Rayong Rayong For a year.

Would it be better to exchange in rayong??

2.) Is it just me or does the thai baht get weaker?? Just january you could get like over 30 baht per dollar but now its onlylike 29??

3.) Is it better to exchange all your money at the same time??

Thanks,

Sage

Better to exchange in Thailand.

Its not the baht getting weaker its the US dollar getting weaker and weaker.

As for changing ALL your money that would depend how much there is, if you have a lot it might be better to change as you need because of the daily fluctuating rate.

Edited by CharlieH

My guess is you will get a better exchange rate (considering associated fees) in Thailand versus outside Thailand since the Thai baht is considered an exotic currency/not used very much outside Thailand. Unless you are dealing with really large sums of money where you might be able to arrange a special, higher rate, changing all you money at one time wouldn't make much of any difference as to whether it's $100, $1000, $10,000, etc. Currency exchange rates go up and down during the year due to a variety of expected and unexpected reasons...sometimes they repeat a yearly rhythm, but increasingly these rhythms seem to be breaking down/changing. Current dollar and Euro weakness against the baht is probably due to the outgoing U.S. debt goat-rope in Washington D.C., the Eurozone debt talks, a peaceful outcome from the recent Thai elections, Thai economy still expanding at a good clip, etc. But when the dust settles now days, there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or good reason with currency exchange rates many times. Seems like a flip of a coin, a drunken dart throw, etc. Good luck.

The limit is 10,000 USD without paperwork and even then if you had 9k in your pocket they can still ask you questions (I did the Cash amount no issues but that was before body scanners). Cash is king here unless you like paying banks 1-3+% of your money every time you get money. The best place I have found is Siam Commercial exchange across the street from Siam Paragon and MBK next door to the modern art school before the money laundering agency (Strange proximity) on the left facing towards Victory monument. They beat Super Rich by the slightest margin. Super Rich is not bad its located near Centra world and Big C on Ratchapisod. Use Aeon ATM's if you need to get cash it is the only place I know of that does not do the 150Baht rob the farang ATM fee. The rate has been brutal on the US dollar last year I was getting 35per 1$ now its under 29 per 1$ that is a massive % loss over 1 year. Sadly the only time it started back in a good direction was when Osama was killed almost made it to 31 but has dropped like a stone since the idiots in Washington have been fighting.