Be Warned

Hi All,

New to the forum but wanted to update you all on the rule changes that have now been implemented.

Currently in PP, with a successful Single Entry Visa application, thank God. For a while it was touch and go and to be honest, even after following the advice on here, our Agent, the famous Mr Keo (LMN Tours) could not guarantee us getting what we needed.

As of two days ago, you now need proof of a flight out of Cambodia into Thailand, showing all the names of the people applying for the Visa. Likewise, you also need proof of your accommodation in Thailand, booking form or receipt of booking and address. Along with the usual photo and passport. This was advised by Mr Keo, who also told us of the the problems some runners have/are and will experience over the next few weeks, unless they provide said paperwork

The good news is that the price is still the same as it was, depending on what service you want. But do not expect to get what you want unless you provide everything mentioned and even then you may get refused. Mr Keo mentioned to me that the deal seal was the flight ticket proof and without it our application would have been rejected.

I have to say that Mr Keo was a star! And I cannot recommend him enough. You can find him on 136 Street and Riverside, right next door to Paddy's pub. Very friendly, quick and honest!

(Edit: Typo)

Edited by RandomGeeza

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The address in Thailand isn't new it is on all of the forms including the white arrival form but hasn't really ever been looked at to close. Interesting about the airplane ticket what if you where travelling overland how does that work or did they say.

The address in Thailand isn't new it is on all of the forms including the white arrival form but hasn't really ever been looked at to close. Interesting about the airplane ticket what if you where travelling overland how does that work or did they say.

Thee was no mention from Mr Keo regarding overland. I would assume that is where your proof of accommodation may prove the most useful. However, as we discussed between ourselves, what if you were meandering about Thailand itself and had NFA?

Simply put, they are making it a lot harder for back to back stays... and that may be something that people need to be aware of and not take for granted what has gone on before.

(Edit: If you check out the PP Embassy Tourist Visa requirements, both the flights and accommodation confirmation are now listed.)

http://www.mfa.go.th...01.php?&id=2815

(Edit: Add link)

Edited by RandomGeeza

The embassy webiste now states the following regarding tourist visas:

Tourist Visa

Required documents

are:

• One completed and signed application form

• One photo (colour, size 4 x 6 cm)
    Citizens of following countries are required to provide 5 photos
    and 5 copies of application form * Citizens of Afghanistan, Algeria,
    Bangladesh, China, Egypt, India, Iran, Iraq, Democratic People Republic of
    Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria and
    Yemen

• Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

• Copy of ID card

• Copy of residence certificate (Carnet de Residence/ Family
    Record
    Book)

<li>6.1

Company employee must prepare company work certificate (Business card is not

acceptable)

Self-employed applicant must prepare business registration/license

(original)

Student must prepare guarantee letter from university or student

card

(Copy of parent's ID card and proof of parent's

profession)

Pensioner must prepare bank statement or pension fund

• Hotel reservation in Thailand with name and dates of checking
    in/out
  • Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of
    entry/exit

Passport holders of Afghanistan, Algeria,

Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sudan, Syria,

Yemen and Palestinian State are requested to file for application in person at

the Royal Thai Embassy. In certain case, a certificate of no criminal record is

required. <br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Please note that

Consular officers reserve the rights

to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary.

In the absence of a

required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must

be provided.

That last notice is interesting.

Returned yesterday with 2x tourist visa from Khun Keo. He did mention some hassles they are having at the embassy at the moment but this should only be temporary. Apparently, the usual Thai bloke who approves the visas is on vacation it something and his underling is sticking more closely to the rules. However, this should only be temporary...a week or so.

P.S. With a USA passport, just provided my passport and nothing else.

Returned yesterday with 2x tourist visa from Khun Keo. He did mention some hassles they are having at the embassy at the moment but this should only be temporary. Apparently, the usual Thai bloke who approves the visas is on vacation it something and his underling is sticking more closely to the rules. However, this should only be temporary...a week or so.

not according to this

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/493306-stricter-requirements-for-tourist-visa-applicants/

not according to this

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/493306-stricter-requirements-for-tourist-visa-applicants/

Well I guess my trip to PP this week and the 2x T-visa in my passport are both just a dream :)

guess my timing is bad. My flight to PP is on Thursday Sept 1 I was going to use this agent, I never used an agent to get a Tourist Visa before. Last year I had a 1 year Multi B but after going to the states 2 times last year I decided to do the Tourist visa again this year. I am flying on air asia so ticket to thailand is no issue. I guess I need to call him to see what he has to say so I can prepare before I leave. the visa issues is getting old, I have 6 more years before I am 50

<br />guess my timing is bad.  My flight to PP is on Thursday Sept 1   I was going to use this agent, I never used an agent to get a Tourist Visa before.  Last year I had a 1 year Multi B but after going to the states 2 times last year I decided to do the Tourist visa again this year.    I am flying on air asia so ticket to thailand is no issue.  I guess I need to call him to see what he has to say so I can prepare before I leave.  the visa issues is getting old, I have 6 more years before I am 50<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i know how you are feeling i have 6 years to wait also :-(

so if you apply for a double entry tourist visa should your flight OUT of thailand be after 6 months( with extension) or

after 4 months ??

rick

I had shit loads of hassle getting a double entry but got it this week... sent an agent for me and they wouldnt give me a visa til a police captain called the thai consulate for me in PP.. Then i got my double and yeah my agent also said you gotta show an airline ticket

Well I guess my trip to PP this week and the 2x T-visa in my passport are both just a dream :)

In this fast-changing environment, today is not yesterday. Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

In this fast-changing environment, today is not yesterday. Let's see what tomorrow will bring.

Went on Sunday and passed over my passport to Khun Keo on Monday morning...got it back Tuesday...turned over nothing but the passport...must have been one of the last issued under the ancien-regime :(

Edited by FarangBuddha

Went on Sunday and passed over my passport to Khun Keo on Monday morning...got it back Tuesday...turned over nothing but the passport...must have been one of the last issued under the ancien-regime :(

you was very lucky. lets see what will happen with me on Thursday next week. I will drop my passport off on Friday. my first time to PP and it looks like it will be a waist visa wise.

<br />guess my timing is bad. My flight to PP is on Thursday Sept 1 I was going to use this agent, I never used an agent to get a Tourist Visa before. Last year I had a 1 year Multi B but after going to the states 2 times last year I decided to do the Tourist visa again this year. I am flying on air asia so ticket to thailand is no issue. I guess I need to call him to see what he has to say so I can prepare before I leave. the visa issues is getting old, I have 6 more years before I am 50<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i know how you are feeling i have 6 years to wait also :-(

so if you apply for a double entry tourist visa should your flight OUT of thailand be after 6 months( with extension) or

after 4 months ??

rick

not much choice to find tickets with 6 months return date , most airlines websites are programmed max 6 month periode...

, so by planning ahead you loose already some month(s)

you was very lucky. lets see what will happen with me on Thursday next week. I will drop my passport off on Friday. my first time to PP and it looks like it will be a waist visa wise.

you are not the only one to find out the new rule, i fly with airasia pp on 4 sept / 9 sept return flight ,

so maybe i need to take another single flight airasia extra out Thailand, hotel booking shall i replace with my cond lease or letter from the condo company (Thai Goverment building);)

Not a total waste...PP is a very interesting place to visit and you can always make hotel and airline bookings that would satisfy the new requirements. I think the airline booking would have to made for sometime within the first 2 months of the first visa entry period (just make sure if it is a "dummy" booking that it's a fully refundable ticket).

I am confused if they require flight into thailand only or also flight out of thailand later etc..

Please answer based on your experience not based on what the rule says.

This is so impractical to deny overland travel I cant believe this will be enforced for long.

I am confused if they require flight into thailand only or also flight out of thailand later etc..

This is so impractical to deny overland travel I cant believe this will be enforced for long.

I would imagine out is actually more important to them as they want to make sure you leave (like a good tourist) and not stay on for work or something.

"As of two days ago, you now need proof of a flight out of Cambodia into Thailand"

Don't you mean proof of a flight out of Thailand ?

As daft as it sounds, all they wanted was proof of a flight. I kept asking if they meant out of Thailand but, no... it was either in or out of Thailand. I believe it has something to do with the expiration and timing of the Visa. As you will be aware you can extend for 30 days on a Tourist Visa and therefore, cannot book a flight out until you know what your situation is... However, if i show them that I am entering on a specific date, they can then keep tabs on me, and will almost expect me to either leave in 60 days or appear near an Immigration office asking for another 30. That also ties in with the accommodation details.

A confusing way to do it..?

But no, I only provided a ticket of entry. Not exit...???

I would imagine out is actually more important to them as they want to make sure you leave (like a good tourist) and not stay on for work or something.

Fome what I provided it was flight in... I do not have any flights out booked or even a date planned.

Just to confirm guys: This is what I handed over to the Agent.

Passport

Photo

Printed email confirming my accommodation address, dates I move in and for how long. Sent to me by my lovely landlady in Thailand. :)

One copy of my AirAsia airline ticket. Showing my flight details OUT of Cambodia.

And that was it.

If you are going to PP, go and see Mr Keo @ LMN Travel Tours. He will answer any questions and help as best he can.

Just to confirm guys: This is what I handed over to the Agent.

Passport

Photo

Printed email confirming my accommodation address, dates I move in and for how long. Sent to me by my lovely landlady in Thailand. :)

One copy of my AirAsia airline ticket. Showing my flight details OUT of Cambodia.

And that was it.

If you are going to PP, go and see Mr Keo @ LMN Travel Tours. He will answer any questions and help as best he can.

Could you have got a double entry if you wanted?

I think the posts here are sounding like it will be business as usual plus a cheap flight back to thailand not a huge problem! :lol:

I called the agent in PP Keo I think is his name. I had a bad connection he was in some noisy place and his European accent gave me some trouble but what i got out of it was that you only need flight back to Thailand from PP, and an address in Thailand and he said that we still can get double entry T visa. I hope I did not get the info wrong as the connection was not good but it seems to be going with reports that are being posted here. I am flying in on Air Asia so it seems I will not be affected, but Thursday is a long time, who knows what will change by Sept 1

I called the agent in PP Keo I think is his name. I had a bad connection he was in some noisy place and his European accent gave me some trouble but what i got out of it was that you only need flight back to Thailand from PP, and an address in Thailand and he said that we still can get double entry T visa. I hope I did not get the info wrong as the connection was not good but it seems to be going with reports that are being posted here. I am flying in on Air Asia so it seems I will not be affected, but Thursday is a long time, who knows what will change by Sept 1

seems ok for me as also fly 4 sep Airasia ,return airasia fri.9 sept , with contract condo rent (thai gov. condo

Mr. Keo will be amused the next time I see him and inquire as to where he acquired his "European" accent...given that he is Cambodian-Chinese...maybe he studied in Europe :lol: :lol:

But good work Geno...sounds like it may not be as bad as we initially feared.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Mr. Keo will be amused the next time I see him and inquire as to where he acquired his "European" accent...given that he is Cambodian-Chinese...maybe he studied in Europe :lol: :lol:

But good work Geno...sounds like it may not be as bad as we initially feared.

Lol @ this...

He's also enjoying his internet fame at present. He's a good guy and I am glad to have found him and used his service.

Thee was no mention from Mr Keo regarding overland. I would assume that is where your proof of accommodation may prove the most useful. However, as we discussed between ourselves, what if you were meandering about Thailand itself and had NFA?

Simply put, they are making it a lot harder for back to back stays... and that may be something that people need to be aware of and not take for granted what has gone on before.

(Edit: If you check out the PP Embassy Tourist Visa requirements, both the flights and accommodation confirmation are now listed.)

http://www.mfa.go.th...01.php?&id=2815

(Edit: Add link)

Please advise me how many days does it take to get a tourist visa in PP using an agent?