Lifan 250 Cruiser

Thaifan2

I was thinking of starting a thread where Lifan owners could share there knowledge of the mark .I have just bought one in Chiang Mai for B78,000 (all included ) .2 year guarantee on the engine .

First impressions all good .I will follow up with further details as i wear it in . :rolleyes:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Per forum rules, you must post a picture. Therefore,

Thread_Closed.gif

I agree :D

Thaifan may I ask, why didn't you buy a PCX? Comfortable, fuel injected so good fuel economy, good resale value & about same prize as your Lifan.

umm maybe because he wanted a Lifan 250 chopper style. not a fantastic plastic pcx. just guessing... :D

Thread_Closed.gif

Thaifan may I ask, why didn't you buy a PCX? Comfortable, fuel injected so good fuel economy, good resale value & about same prize as your Lifan.

Yes I see what you mean, the little auto scooter PCX is nearly identical to a V-twin chopper, what was he thinking?

Congrats on your Lifan, keep us posted.

Thread_Closed.gif

Yes I see what you mean, the little auto scooter PCX is nearly identical to a V-twin chopper, what was he thinking?

Close but no cigar.

Congrats on your Lifan, keep us posted.

Thread_Closed.gif

Great minds think alike .I already own a red PCX which i bought new at the start of the year .It has been problem free and great around town .I also wanted a cruiser though ,and gave it to myself as a present after selling a Condo down in Pattaya . :jap: I need to get a screen and panniers for the cruiser and i think i can get them at the Kawasaki shop Chiang Mai ?

Thread_Closed.gif

Great minds think alike .I already own a red PCX which i bought new at the start of the year .It has been problem free and great around town .I also wanted a cruiser though ,and gave it to myself as a present after selling a Condo down in Pattaya . :jap: I need to get a screen and panniers for the cruiser and i think i can get them at the Kawasaki shop Chiang Mai ?

CM Kawasaki may not be you're most cost effective option. They are expensive for accessories to the point that it's sometimes cheaper to import stuff.

You may be better off searching the internet for stuff and also asking at the place where you bought the bike.

Need to ask the right person at Kawa as well, the price varies a lot from manager to manager. Seems to be the tall thin guy always tries to charge me around 50% more than any of the others. After asking around a few friends it seems this is not uncommon with him.

The short lady seems to be much more helpful and a little more realistic on pricing as well

Thread_Closed.gif

Very cool Thaifan, enjoy your new ride. B)

I did some serious kilometers on a 250cc Lifan LF250-B and I can only say it's a perfect motorcycle to do some touring on a budget.

My girlfriend/wife likes the Lifan LF250-B less, but she doesn't have the imagination that this bike only cost 78,000 THB while her regular cruiser a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 cost near 500,000 THB. Lifan makes excellent motorcycles which cost about less than 100,000 THB.

There is also talk that Lifan will also open MV Agusta shops in Thailand, but I guess that prices will be more comparable Ducati or other high-end brands...

Also not so long ago I had a conversation with a Lifan marketing senior (China), and the Lifan LF400, the 400cc brother of the LF250-B, is still on the table for introduction in Thailand (Estimated about 130,000 THB).

Edited by Richard-BKK

I need to get a screen and panniers for the cruiser and i think i can get them at the Kawasaki shop Chiang Mai ?

Kawasaki Boss screen will fit the Lifan, looks good; about B1500.

Consider ordering the saddlebags here:

http://www.crsaddlebags.com/syntheticsaddlebags.html

Ask about Lifan fit. I think they've sold a set before for a Lifan, some poster said.

My Lifan 250 goes a true 120 (GPS).

There is also an interesting saddlebag shop in Chiang Rai, for those of us in/around Chiangmai.

Local Honda dealers have been asking eighty-something for the PCX, but that scooter has undoubtedly many marvelous features. But it is not a twin and not so fast at 'high' speeds. 'Tis, of course, a Honda.

For some reason, Kawa on the moat in CM charged me but 1300 for the Boss windscreen, installed. I had to wait three days for delivery, however. I think it is a terrific bargain and a quality solution.

Not sure about 'good resale value' seen many 2010 PCX for sale, book price is 50k, seen them between 45 - 55k, so that is a 20k+ loss in just over a year is that good resale value ?

Just from what I see, the Yamaha Elegance and the Suzuki Hayate both appear to hold there value better.. or lose a lot less in the same time frame

about 'good resale value' seen many 2010 PCX for sale, book price is 50k, seen them between 45 - 55k, so that is a 20k+ loss in just over a year is that good resale value ?

Just from what I see, the Yamaha Elegance and the Suzuki Hayate both appear to hold there value better.. or lose a lot less in the same time frame

Well I could be wrong. I saw 4 pcs PCX at a dealer yesterday (Pattaya) from 2010 and about 1000 km on the clock all costing something like 63-64 k bath, but this is dealer prices and I think the previos owners (Thais) gave them back to the dealer because of lack of money.

What do you mean by book price? If I could buy a 2010 model for app. 50k bath I would be interested. Hmm maybe I should go to that dealer again and offer that price, but it seems very far away from listed price.

What do you mean by book price? If I could buy a 2010 model for app. 50k bath I would be interested. Hmm maybe I should go to that dealer again and offer that price, but it seems very far away from listed price.

http://www.jrmotor.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=403450&Ntype=1

Seen in Classified and dealer between 45 - 55k, dealer near me has a silver/brown 2010 for 58k, sells brand new for 76k.

The ones you say at only 1,000km is almost new, but that is still over 10k less then new, so even they appear to have lost a lot for just 1,000 km..

Edited by ignis

http://www.jrmotor.c...=403450&Ntype=1

Seen in Classified and dealer between 45 - 55k, dealer near me has a silver/brown 2010 for 58k, sells brand new for 76k.

The ones you say at only 1,000km is almost new, but that is still over 10k less then new, so even they appear to have lost a lot for just 1,000 km..

OK thanks.

Now back to the Lifan 250 Cruiser :whistling:

http://www.jrmotor.c...=403450&Ntype=1

is there not a stripped down budget version of the pcx and a "luxury" version with the latest electronic gadgets like start/stop fuel saver technology ? that may account for the differnce in price

but 20,000+thb is not good depreciation for a last years scooter ,although i still think honda have overpriced the pcx but people are buying them anyway so why wouldnt they :whistling:

is there not a stripped down budget version of the pcx and a "luxury" version with the latest electronic gadgets like start/stop fuel saver technology ? that may account for the differnce in price

but 20,000+thb is not good depreciation for a last years scooter ,although i still think honda have overpriced the pcx but people are buying them anyway so why wouldnt they :whistling:

They started with the "luxury" version, and this is still the only version... I was told long ago they would make the more basic version, but it would appear they can sell all the "luxury" version they can make, why make a basic version when they can sell the "luxury" version......

Also it would appear both on the web and on the roads people are paying an extra 20 - 30k on top to customize there PCX, not long ago on Thaivisa classified someone was selling there 1 yr old customized PCX for 105k !!! have seen them for 130k +

Amazes me how many Motorbike taxi now have a PCX

They started with the "luxury" version, and this is still the only version... I was told long ago they would make the more basic version, but it would appear they can sell all the "luxury" version they can make, why make a basic version when they can sell the "luxury" version......

Also it would appear both on the web and on the roads people are paying an extra 20 - 30k on top to customize there PCX, not long ago on Thaivisa classified someone was selling there 1 yr old customized PCX for 105k !!! have seen them for 130k +

Amazes me how many Motorbike taxi now have a PCX

the wider tires and big seat alone probably makes it worthwhile for the poor bastard who sits on it 12-16 hours a day soaking up every bump ,if i had to be a mo-sai taxi id invest in a pcx too :D

I went back today to Chaichana autobike ,Chiang Mai (where i bought the Lifan ) and they had a large wind screen for a bargain B490 .

They are also ordering me a special Lifan set of saddle bags for 4,900 .When i see them if i do not like them ,they say that i can cancell the purchase .

Seems as if you rode your Lifan on the 14th in Chiang Mai. Talk about rain!!!

My Lifan's tyres are made by a Taiwanese company with a factory here, so I have no idea about their performance 'at the edge,' as I wish to stay away from their limits, including whatever they are in the rain. I ride in it, but carefully, not to test.

A large windscreen will help in our present weather. But I think that a very large one will actually reduce the top speed, not that top speed is a priority for me (at 120).

However, like others here who are replying to a Lifan 250 Cruiser thread by staying ON topic, I'm looking forward to seeing your windscreen - and more importantly, for me - saddlebags.

On the first day of sunshine after you get them.:rolleyes:

Seems as if you rode your Lifan on the 14th in Chiang Mai. Talk about rain!!!

My Lifan's tyres are made by a Taiwanese company with a factory here, so I have no idea about their performance 'at the edge,' as I wish to stay away from their limits, including whatever they are in the rain. I ride in it, but carefully, not to test.

A large windscreen will help in our present weather. But I think that a very large one will actually reduce the top speed, not that top speed is a priority for me (at 120).

However, like others here who are replying to a Lifan 250 Cruiser thread by staying ON topic, I'm looking forward to seeing your windscreen - and more importantly, for me - saddlebags.

On the first day of sunshine after you get them.:rolleyes:

With the wider rear and thin front tire your Lifan LF250-B will never be a cutting edge cornering tool, this just comes with the cruiser style – the Honda Phantom TA200 or Kawasaki Boss 175 even big cruisers like the Kawasaki Vulcan have the same habit.

And I'm pretty sure that your Taiwanese tires are pretty good, especially if we look what Honda and Kawasaki is using as stock tires... Some people find it outright dangerous to ride in the rain with IRC tires... so if you still feel confident riding in the rain with your tires, they should be better...

On reflection the bike looks a bit long and thin in profile ,so i will also be looking for crash bars ,to give it a more mancho look ;-)

So far i am happy with it .It handles well ,and the gear change is very smooth .The gas tank is also large and can take more than B300 of fuel .

Hows the engine perform in relation to the PCX? Is it quicker off the line with more torque and will it go faster than 120 kph without running out of breath?

Asking because i found a local store that actually sells Lifan engines, the 250cc is only 11,500 baht.

Future project ?:)

Friend identifies a possible issue w/ her Lifan. Says when she slows to make a turn, she has to downshift unusually far, like all the way to first gear, to get enough power to accelerate out of the turn. On other bikes she would expect to drop down one gear or maybe not at all.

It surprised her at first, like when making a right turn across the opposite lane to find little power to move as cars approach.

She's having consciously to get used to it.

Other Lifan owners notice anything like this? Sounds like a matter of the gearing?

Otherwise she's very happy.

Edited by JSixpack