Red Baron Shite Customer Service

monty1412

Motored up to RB today, got there about 11am, not one customer in shop.

Went in to look at pants and jacket, asked lady behind desk for help she said wait a minute and pointed to guy who was unpacking stuff in bike showroom area , went back to look at jackets and then after a few minutes asked again. Girl points at guy I wander over and ask guy and he says wait a minute.

After another 15 minutes of waiting now total of 25 minutes and three requests i get my gear and walk out.. I was there to legitimately buy stuff and probably would have spent 10-15K baht on jacket and pants , but they were too busy unpacking a box.

Is this normal for Red Baron... yes they have nice bikes and Ok range of gear but what crap customer service.

On way out putting my helmet on i asked the guy if there was any other shops .. he said with smile " we only one". I said with bigger smile.. "Ohh well Ill import i what i want myself"

so any other shops in BKK where they actually stock clothes for us bigger farangs size 36 pants and where they actually render customer service.

Is RB owned and run by Thai or is there a farang in background.

Maybe I got it at bad day or the guy in the shop was just a jerkoff but not impressive whatsoever... Ok if shop had of been full of people but I was the only soul there.

Rgds monty

And to add insult to it all got done by the police again on sukhumvit after turning right from Ekkamai.. god they are wearing thin on me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are now lots of places to buy.. your only a 36 waist. so should be no problem... look at Mocyc.com.

ninja shop....panda rider... blacksteed.... paddock......and a few more that i forget.

All the ones i mentioned should have your size.. Ninja and blacksteed have ltd stock but good stuff and prices... panda lots of stock and price. paddock ... lots of stock older model years fairly cheap.

Completely ignoring customers is something of a standard in the Thai motorcycle industry... from the smallest Honda dealer to the biggest Yamaha dealership or independent motorcycle shops they all do it, some days more than other days...

Completely ignoring customers is something of a standard in the Thai motorcycle industry... from the smallest Honda dealer to the biggest Yamaha dealership or independent motorcycle shops they all do it, some days more than other days...

Odd, as both Uthai Thani and (two) Nakhon Sawan Honda dealers went out of their way to assist my wife when she was looking at buying a PCX...

Yeah sounds pretty typical for Thai customer service. From what I have read, at least when buying an imported big bike, reviews of RB are usually positive, but have ranged from good to the lessor of two evils. Terra, also known as TP Motors being the other evil, routinely criticized for broken promises, missed deadlines and outright lies.

the helpful staff in thailand are the ones that work on a commission structure

the ones that get 250- 300 thb per day no matter what gets sold usually do fck_all

ive walked into shops before ready to buy something expensive and they just couldnt be bothered to sell it to me or make any effort to close a deal because they dont give a <deleted> if you buy it or not

I have to agree, Red Baron & Paddock are <deleted> and they treat you like dirt. Rustic Charm is right, I've found Panda Rider and all their staff to be the most polite and helpful. I recently bought racing leathers and the owner gave a date to come and pick them up, and even gave me a phone call the minute they had come in.:)

P.S. as everything is imported from Japan/Europe, there are a lot of 36 and up riding gear - it should be pretty easy to find.

Good Luck

I have bought clothing and assessories from both Paddock and Panda and got good service from both. Even the old chinese lady in Paddock, who seems to have a bit of a poor rep, was helpful in advising on choice of jacket to make.

Paddock seems to have more choice and 'bargains' but then they carry slightly older lines hence the discount. Panda has the latest kit and is more expensive. If you are after bargains shown on their website phone ahead first as they tend to sell out quick.

Be wary of the 'bargains' at Paddock, the boots I bought in their sale a few months ago fell apart after 3 rides. Probably been sitting in the sun for a few years before they put them on sale.It's Panda all the way for me now, service is good and their prices are fine for Thailand.

Personally I've always been quite happy with Red Baron. Professional, knowledgeable, courteous and prompt are the words I'd use to describe their staff.

probably would have spent 10-15K baht on jacket and pants

10-15k could buy you a jacket OR pants but wouldn't buy you both at Red Baron- perhaps they sized you up when you rode in on your budget CB'r' and knew you couldn't afford their merchandise? ;)

Personally I've always been quite happy with Red Baron. Professional, knowledgeable, courteous and prompt are the words I'd use to describe their staff.

10-15k could buy you a jacket OR pants but wouldn't buy you both at Red Baron- perhaps they sized you up when you rode in on your budget CB'r' and knew you couldn't afford their merchandise? ;)

Thanks to all for assistance and guidance , very helpful. Big BikeBKK no doubt you put your bike in gear before you proceed with any fwd motion can I suggest that the same type of relationship between brain and typing responses also be fostered.

Ouch!!ohmy.gifohmy.gif

got a jacket from paddock and the lady was pretty nice. she made me feel like going back. some of their products is old though but the price is nice.

the jacket after two months needs to get a little stitching done to it now. about the size of an index finger.

Actually according to Redbarons website 15,700b would get you jacket and trousers. i'm sure you could haggle the 700b off B)

But personally i do not think they have a decent stock of riding gear any way.. not unless that's changed in the last 6 mths.

Edited by thaicbr

Ouch!!ohmy.gifohmy.gif

I'm just playin' :lol:

Actually according to Redbarons website 15,700b would get you jacket and trousers. i'm sure you could haggle the 700b off B)

As a Japanese franchise that caters mostly to wealthy Thais, Japanese and Euro expats Red Baron doesn't much play the price haggling game ;)

As a Japanese franchise that caters mostly to wealthy Thais, Japanese and Euro expats Red Baron doesn't much play the price haggling game ;)

I was in there Monday and bought one of that Komine Supreme Titanium jackets they have on their website for 11,800B. After discount it was a shade over 10,000B. I always deal with Khun Vikrom and find him an honest and decent guy, of which there aren't too many around.

Just to add to that last post, I asked about the Shoei Q-West and the XR 1100. Red Baron only have helmets for the Asian market and Khun Vikrom told me to go to Paddock as they have both Asian and European helmets. Different markets have different linings for different shaped heads.

I find them to be very welcoming and offer great service and always make time for you.

They will search products for you if not shown on the shop floor.

I remember they search high and low in their stock room just for an oil filter.

Red Baron get the thumbs up from me.

Red Barron is not really the place to go shopping for riding gear. Its more of a place where you go to buy a motorcycle and then they have a small accesories section where you get 10% off as a member. I've bought a motorcycle there aswell as i get all my track bikes serviced at Red Barron and i'm really happy with the service they provide. If you're into track riding the staff actually take some customers to Thailand Circuit on there day off (Wednesdday) and give good instruction as most of them are ex racers.

They're Thai.

You're not.

You are beneath them, and certainly less important than a box that needs unpacking. :rolleyes:

Nonononono

They don't treat Thais different from foreigners.

But if you were Thai you'd understand that unpacking that box clearly takes priority.

Come on, it's the same in nearly any shop here. "Oh, I can't help you right now, I am re-arranging the shelves". Now honestly - can you blame them. They don't give a sh**t how much they're selling - they don't see any of that. If you're talking to the shop's owner, you can be sure they'll help you first and deal with the boxes later. But if not... what would you do for 7,000 / month?

The alternative is the sales people at Central. They get a commission. So they stick to you wherever you go, and try to sell you stuff the entire time you're there. Which to me is more annoying than ignorance...

The alternative is the sales people at Central. They get a commission. So they stick to you wherever you go, and try to sell you stuff the entire time you're there. Which to me is more annoying than ignorance...

I find that also more annoying; in shops like these you cant go nowhere without a shadow. And when you ask for advise its mostly crap.

Having a bad day, or is your brain on holiday?