Where To Buy 600Cc Bike

dezy1801

Hi

Looking for information on buying a second hand R6 or CBR600 I have looked on the net and thus far only seen a couple of bikes on mocyc.com the bikes are 2007 or 2008 models from 240k-300k.

Does anyone know of any bike shops I can try I have tried on the classifieds but nothing really there and done endless searchs on google and checked on there.

I have looked at the Kawasaki 650 new and am swaying towards that and will be looking to buy it in next two weeks but would prefer the other 2 600's.

Thanks in advance

dezy1801

these 2 mentioned 600s are not that easy to find as you saw already.

You can try http://www.tpmotorcycle.com/ there was a cbr600 2008 for about 350k without book, but they can get it for you for additional 75k. Told me they could even get me a brand new cbr600 2012.

they also worth a try http://www.pattayasuperbikes.com/

Good luck.

do not trust a "can get you a book". Bike comes with book, genuine or recycled, or believe in fairytales

only 600-650 easy to source in TH is kwaker, as its made here and homoleg, thus no legal issues.

In addition they provide parts within days, while the others need months

I almost bought a 2009 R6 with only 3000kms for 270,000 off Mocyc.com a few weeks ago but it only had invoice and 3% excise tax paid so went for the safe Ninja 650R instead. Bikes with invoice/excise tax aren't really a problem where I live so there are times when I wish I had but happy with the Kawa so far and better suited to what I use it for than a track bike like an R6 or CBR600RR.

Edited by skybluestu

Red baron have a beautiful 2009 R6 in silver, the bike is mint and has only covered 1500 or 1600 miles, it was purchased from Yamaha in Thailand when new and will cost you 410,000baht which i thought was a reasonable price considering where it's being sold right now :)

As mentioned above one of my favorite sites to visit is mocyc.com, thousands of bikes and at great private prices, just be careful if you decide to buy private.

Red baron have a beautiful 2009 R6 in silver, the bike is mint and has only covered 1500 or 1600 miles, it was purchased from Yamaha in Thailand when new and will cost you 410,000baht which i thought was a reasonable price considering where it's being sold right now :)

As mentioned above one of my favorite sites to visit is mocyc.com, thousands of bikes and at great private prices, just be careful if you decide to buy private.

I seen one R6 on there it was black 2007 and 245K but the guy wanted the money paid into his bank then I would go to meet him for the bike, must think I was born yesterday. I will have a look at the one there might be a little bit out of my price range but will consider it if the £ goes up to 55 baht. :)

I visited a motorcycle shop today and it had a couple of 600's there and a tasty CBR954RR mmmmmmm.

But all bikes were minus their greenbooks, the shop can be found if you head from Seacon Square and down to Samut Prakarn, it will be located on the opposite side of the road about 4-5km before the end of the main road, i just U-turn at the end of the road and then ride back to it :)

They also had a very nice CBR600RR (2004 model no usd's) but even so it's a good bike and he also told me he'll be getting a honda F4i this Thursday (F4i is a softer version of the CBR600RR) :)

The CBR600RR was 150,000..... i think and the F4iS will be a little more, my girlfriend isn't so hot on buying second hand bikes as i used to spend so much time and money maintaining my previous bike (VFR400RR) so i', having to buy a more 'sensible' bike in the shape of a 2012 Ninja 650RR. When i saw those bikes mentioned above today i really wanted to buy one the 600RR more than the 954 (it was over priced at 220,000 minus a book!) but my girlfriend was dragging me away :(

I visited a motorcycle shop today and it had a couple of 600's there and a tasty CBR954RR mmmmmmm.

But all bikes were minus their greenbooks, the shop can be found if you head from Seacon Square and down to Samut Prakarn, it will be located on the opposite side of the road about 4-5km before the end of the main road, i just U-turn at the end of the road and then ride back to it :)

They also had a very nice CBR600RR (2004 model no usd's) but even so it's a good bike and he also told me he'll be getting a honda F4i this Thursday (F4i is a softer version of the CBR600RR) :)

The CBR600RR was 150,000..... i think and the F4iS will be a little more, my girlfriend isn't so hot on buying second hand bikes as i used to spend so much time and money maintaining my previous bike (VFR400RR) so i', having to buy a more 'sensible' bike in the shape of a 2012 Ninja 650RR. When i saw those bikes mentioned above today i really wanted to buy one the 600RR more than the 954 (it was over priced at 220,000 minus a book!) but my girlfriend was dragging me away :(

Thanks Karlos for the information I will be in Samut Prakan area when I get home (going to watch Thai Boxing Imperial world) do you know the name of the shop by any chance?

Thanks Karlos for the information I will be in Samut Prakan area when I get home (going to watch Thai Boxing Imperial world) do you know the name of the shop by any chance?

Karlos where on Sinakarin road is this shop exactly? You mean where Sinakarin rd end and leads into Sukhumvit? Or before like Sinakarin- Theparak intersection? Thanks

I have attached a map and marked the shop's rough location, it's hard to miss the shop with all it's bikes out front. I'd try not to go on a Wednesday as it could well be shut, most shops are on Wednesdays.

As for it's name, sorry my eyes were all over the CBR600RR that was there and after my gf pushed me out of the shop before i could ask for a business card.

It's no Red Barron but providing you know your bikes and are mechanically minded you should be fine purchasing from him

Karl :)

post-59428-0-81994700-1321355969_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

I have attached a map and marked the shop's rough location, it's hard to miss the shop with all it's bikes out front. I'd try not to go on a Wednesday as it could well be shut, most shops are on Wednesdays.

As for it's name, sorry my eyes were all over the CBR600RR that was there and after my gf pushed me out of the shop before i could ask for a business card.

It's no Red Barron but providing you know your bikes and are mechanically minded you should be fine purchasing from him

Karl :)

Thanks Karl I will have a look when I'm home

I almost bought a 2009 R6 with only 3000kms for 270,000 off Mocyc.com a few weeks ago but it only had invoice and 3% excise tax paid so went for the safe Ninja 650R instead. Bikes with invoice/excise tax aren't really a problem where I live so there are times when I wish I had but happy with the Kawa so far and better suited to what I use it for than a track bike like an R6 or CBR600RR.

Skybluestu how do you find the Kawa alround? Interested to know as if I cant see anything I like I will probably go for that.

Thanks

Skybluestu how do you find the Kawa alround? Interested to know as if I cant see anything I like I will probably go for that.

Thanks

I was in the exact same situation as you.

600 supersport bikes are not the most popular capacity sport bikes here, Thais tend to go all out when they go to the arduous lengths to import a bike (why buy a 600 when for not alot more they could buy a 1000) hence the reason why secondhand 600 supersport bikes are sparse.

I found a few models that i liked when i was searching earlier this year but the thing that was bothering me (besides the girlfriend) was parts, lack of warranty and who knows if the greenbook was acquired the correct way....?

So after much thinking and having heard the news that a new model Ninja 650 was to be produced i opted to settle for the less powerful but more sensible bike to own in Thailand 'sensible' being that it will be my only big bike, i'll be covering large distances on it and i'll be paying for it on finance)

Once paid off i'll consider getting a second big bike with the power that i crave, but for now the 2012 Ninja 650 should provide a bit more omphh than my Yamaha Mio 125 GXT :D

Red Baron just put a brand new 2011 GSXR 600 R on their sales floor-

110829-0000562.jpg

Big Piston forks, Brembo brakes, slipper clutch, Power Modes, electronic steering damper and more- awesome! B)

But with the Gixxer 600 going for 558,000฿ one might be tempted to throw down 1xx k more and get the 2011 ZX10R!

110822-0000560.jpg

This is the top spec model direct from the US- Race ABS, traction control, and power modes! 680,000฿

FYI, I do NOT work for Red Baron :)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Oh, and the OP asked about a CBR600RR. Here ya go:

110829-0000561.jpg

US Spec full power model. Red Baron price: 548,000฿

Thanks for that BigBikeBKK all 3 bikes are lovely I am interested in the R6 I believe they have in the shop and will be going in to have a look when I'm home at the weekend time permitting.

The CBR and Ninja appeal but the price is just out what I'm willing to pay for one of these beauties.

IMO the 2009 silver R6 is the best looking bike out of the 4, the GSXR600 must have just come back from it's emission test as it was on their showroom floor around 2 months back, but the sales guy said he couldn't finance it at the time due to it not having passed it's emissions test.

If they had a ZX6R then I would be all over that providing i had enough money for the 40% down payment :D

IMO the 2009 silver R6 is the best looking bike out of the 4, the GSXR600 must have just come back from it's emission test as it was on their showroom floor around 2 months back, but the sales guy said he couldn't finance it at the time due to it not having passed it's emissions test.

If they had a ZX6R then I would be all over that providing i had enough money for the 40% down payment :D

Karlos was this the same bike they are selling there at present?

Thanks in advance

Derek

post-31413-0-74488800-1321842819_thumb.j

Thanks in advance

Derek

Yep, that's the one mate.

I do have a photo of the exact bike but it's on my girlfriend's phone, she's a beauty (the R6) :D

Thanks in advance

Derek

Yep, that's the one mate.

I do have a photo of the exact bike but it's on my girlfriend's phone, she's a beauty (the R6) :D

555 Thats Brilliant Karlos :)

Thanks

It's a great bike whether used for my daily 16km round-trip commute, a trip to the shops or 3-4hr ride in the twisties and if you go for the 2012 model it has a tad more torque lower down too. I actually downgraded from the Versys which is a better bike, sure the Ninja looks better but it is very different to the Versys. If I rode more frequently on longer trips I would have kept the Versys but the Ninja is fine as an everyday bike too.

Thanks

It's a great bike whether used for my daily 16km round-trip commute, a trip to the shops or 3-4hr ride in the twisties and if you go for the 2012 model it has a tad more torque lower down too. I actually downgraded from the Versys which is a better bike, sure the Ninja looks better but it is very different to the Versys. If I rode more frequently on longer trips I would have kept the Versys but the Ninja is fine as an everyday bike too.

Thanks for sharing your experiance on the Ninja I will bear this in mind when I'm looking at the bikes next week. :)

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your experiance on the Ninja I will bear this in mind when I'm looking at the bikes next week. :)

With the 2012 Ninja priced at 265,000baht you shouldn't rule out the Versys at only 20kmore if you plan to ride regularly and on longer trips, great bike!

Thanks

Just one more thing to consider when buying a secondhand bike (over 2 or 3 year of age) ..... correct me if i am wrong.... You can't insure them for anything more than just third party damages only, meaning if you drop or more likely get knocked off that R6 kiss goodbye to the 418,000baht spent on it :(

As said i might be wrong but i couldn't find any where to insure my VFR400 first class last year.

This yet another reason why i'm getting the 2012 ninja 650, it' costs just 10 - 13k to insure it first class out here, bargain :)

Just one more thing to consider when buying a secondhand bike (over 2 or 3 year of age) ..... correct me if i am wrong.... You can't insure them for anything more than just third party damages only, meaning if you drop or more likely get knocked off that R6 kiss goodbye to the 418,000baht spent on it :(

As said i might be wrong but i couldn't find any where to insure my VFR400 first class last year.

This yet another reason why i'm getting the 2012 ninja 650, it' costs just 10 - 13k to insure it first class out here, bargain :)

I've had no issues insuring a 2005 GSXR600 with first class insurance. 16k a year.

It's registered as a 2007 but they still insured it when they thought it was registered in 2005.

Edited by JonnyF

I've had no issues insuring a 2005 GSXR600 with first class insurance. 16k a year.

It's registered as a 2007 but they still insured it when they thought it was registered in 2005.

Ditto, no problem insuring my K5. I used AA Insurance Brokers. 18k baht for 350k coverage and all the other stuff, can't remember the details.