Bangkok Bank Transfer

Allowing for the time difference if you sent that Friday US time, its a good chance it wont actually be processed until Monday, will probably hit your account Tuesday or Wednesday.

If you set up the sms alert on your account in Thailand you'll get a message the moment it arrives.

You don't need to do anything to get it to appear in your account after your have initiated the transfer from your home country bank.

Normally, on a standard ACH transfer the funds will be posted to your Bangkok Bank account within 3-5 "business" days. And please keep in mind just because you "initiated" an ACH transfer on Day X does not mean your home country bank actually transferred the funds on Day X. It will depend on your bank as to how fast they actually transfer the funds.

Example: the standard ACH transfer time at Bank of America (which I use to use) was 3 days at a $3 fee...when I was still doing BoA transfers it appeared the money actually did not get transmitted to that 3d day and then arrived/posted to my Bangkok Bank account in the next 1 to 2 business days which totaled up to 4-5 business days...of course this excluded any weekends and American/Thai holidays. Now if you paid BoA $25 for a 1 business day ACH transfer then the money would probably arrive Bangkok bank in 2-3 business days; maybe 1 to 2 days if the timing is right. And a even pricier SWIFT transfer could arrive next business day. I've since switched from Bank of America to other U.S. banks which provide lower fees/better service such a zero cost ACH transfers which transfer out same day or next business day and post to my Bangkok Bank account in 2 to 3 business days...or even approx 36 hours in one case when all the timing lined up right. Be sure to sign up for Bangkok Bank's SMS notification of funds arrival as that will tell you when and how much baht posted to your account to include the dollar amount received/converted and exchange rate received.

Summary: a lot depends how fast the transmitting bank actually transmits the money...don't think the second you have initiated the transfer that's the money is actually on its way to Thailand that same second as it could be in some hold status awaiting transmission time X to arrive.