Mazda Bt-50 Launched

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rear view cameras are only for people too fat and lazy to look over their shoulder.

Thank you for this compliment... ;-)

Especially in a long truck you can't see everything when looking over the shoulder.

A friend of mine also like to order a BT-50... He went to Mazda Pattaya, the sales Guy promised him 1 month the 3.2 top spec will arrive. After some research by his secretary, he was told the car arrive in 6 month, this would fit with the info with the 3.2 wildtrak... Also should come around July.

Yep, only differences between the new BT-50 and the Ranger are interior/exterior styling, suspension tuning, and packaging (model variants)

May I ask in your opinion which has the better of the things you pointed out?

Exterior styling aside as I know many don't like the like of the front grill on the Mazda. Here in the US we do not have the truck but when the cars came out with that grill many did not like it. Now that the cars are on the road they do not look too bad. Especially with a darker color exterior, the grill kind of disappears.

Yep, only differences between the new BT-50 and the Ranger are interior/exterior styling, suspension tuning, and packaging (model variants)

May I ask in your opinion which has the better of the things you pointed out?

Exterior styling aside as I know many don't like the like of the front grill on the Mazda. Here in the US we do not have the truck but when the cars came out with that grill many did not like it. Now that the cars are on the road they do not look too bad. Especially with a darker color exterior, the grill kind of disappears.

I've only driven the Ranger, not the BT-50 yet, so can't comment on ride quality or handling from personal experience I'm afraid. According to most reviews, the BT-50 rides a little firmer. On interior styling, I like them both in different ways. On exterior styilng, I've liked the BT-50 since I first saw it in the flesh back in August 2011 (before that I hated what I'd seen in photos - it's not at all photogenic), but I still prefer the Ranger.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis
  • Like 1

I've only driven the Ranger, not the BT-50 yet, so can't comment on ride quality or handling from personal experience I'm afraid. According to most reviews, the BT-50 rides a little firmer. On interior styling, I like them both in different ways. On exterior styilng, I've liked the BT-50 since I first saw it in the flesh back in August 2011 (before that I hated what I'd seen in photos - it's not at all photogenic), but I still prefer the Ranger.

Thanks for your impressions

Thanks for your impressions

Sorry I can't be more detailed, but don't want to sit here reciting words of others.. Will surely make some more candid comparisons between the two once I've had a chance to drive both back-to-back.

Sorry I can't be more detailed, but don't want to sit here reciting words of others.. Will surely make some more candid comparisons between the two once I've had a chance to drive both back-to-back.

No problem & I will do the same when I get back over there in a few months.

Thanks

Here some pics...

Here they compare Ranger, Hilux, and BT-50... If you ask me from that angle the Ranger looks like a clone from the Toyota... The 50 really fresh...post-53608-132844969181_thumb.jpg

Here some photoshop modifications

post-53608-132844973705_thumb.jpg

And here one with XD wheels... If someone interested my friend are importing them... He have the dealership exclusively...

post-53608-132844986965_thumb.jpg

You might want to hold off till they resolve the design issues with it;

https://www.facebook...&type=2

The only thing that is stopping it is a 1.5 Inc piece of foam;

post-80555-0-31661300-1328448837_thumb.j

ROFL! That's almost as funny as this:

228428783066e28c3ae.jpg

I wonder what's going to happen when the guy posting that video realises that if he puts his full body weight into the side of one front wheel, it will move the wheel on the opposite side of the car? ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

OK Ford you lost another one...me and wifey and twin SIL just ordered two 3.2 4x4s with guesstimated delivery next month..lots of goodies almost per Wildtrac spec plus a bit of two order commission which wifey negotiated. !!

Went to Ford first and got the "we don't know" routine. Phone Bangkok. I says....cannot they says!!! ...maybe? 3.2 in April.delivery.....aaah!!! FFsake!! ....Cannot have this colour/options with with this model etc etc

Guess I will get used to the "transformer " front end .

Test drove two door and four door 2.2L..blew my socks off compared to our old Mazda 250.

Nothing I did not like about the Mazda..front end is not so bad "in the flesh"..lol Price was great!

Edited by David006

OK Ford you lost another one...me and wifey and twin SIL just ordered two 3.2 4x4s with guesstimated delivery next month..lots of goodies almost per Wildtrac spec plus a bit of two order commission which wifey negotiated. !!

Went to Ford first and got the "we don't know" routine. Phone Bangkok. I says....cannot they says!!! ...maybe? 3.2 in April.delivery.....aaah!!! FFsake!! ....Cannot have this colour/options with with this model etc etc

Test drove two door and four door 2.2L..blew my socks off compared to our old Mazda 250.

Nothing I did not like about the Mazda..front end is not so bad "in the flesh"..lol Price was great!

Is there the same amount of space inside the Mazda compared to the Ranger? I was sitting inside a 4 door Ranger and had to push the drivers seat all the way back in order to sit comfortable and then I went to the back seat behind the driver and I could sit there OK without my knees hitting the drivers back rest (just), so pretty good space inside.

May I ask why you buy the 3.2L? The 2.2L should much more economical on fuel and most testers says almost same overtaking power unless fully loaded.

Wow..

Choichi Yuki, Managing Director of Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co Ltd., said that the All New Mazda BT-50 PRO, which was officially launched on January 24, will become another best-selling model from Mazda. “Just within 2 weeks after the launch, we have received more than 4,000 orders through our dealers, and some number of vehicles have already been delivered to the customers.” he said.

http://mazda.co.th/e...php?news_id=266

Is there the same amount of space inside the Mazda compared to the Ranger? I was sitting inside a 4 door Ranger and had to push the drivers seat all the way back in order to sit comfortable and then I went to the back seat behind the driver and I could sit there OK without my knees hitting the drivers back rest (just), so pretty good space inside.

May I ask why you buy the 3.2L? The 2.2L should much more economical on fuel and most testers says almost same overtaking power unless fully loaded.

You must be a big chap as I'm 6'3 (191cm) and don't need the driver's seat at the furthest position in my new Ranger, usually 4-5 notches forward does me fine. Much more room than the previous Ranger and current Triton, Vigo, Navara and D-Max.

[

You must be a big chap as I'm 6'3 (191cm) and don't need the driver's seat at the furthest position in my new Ranger, usually 4-5 notches forward does me fine. Much more room than the previous Ranger and current Triton, Vigo, Navara and D-Max.

No not really (187 cm) but my legs are long, I had a shop made up extra long slider bars for the drivers seat in my current City 06 in order to sit comfortable.

Did the same in my 2009 Civic... When I had my test drive with the BT-50... Everything was fine... I am 192cm. Would be perfect if you could adjust the steering in length... I was very impressed how silent and comfortable it was. Feels a lot better then a Tuna (had one for 4 years)