New Pcx 150

tekinsel

I've got three more coming in sometime next week. Unfortunately, they have all been reserved. I don't think I'll have more until next month. If you can wait I'll reserve one for you. What color are you interestred in getting. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm hoping one of those reserved is mine. I will definitely take the red with black panels. I will PM you as well as I have a whole list of modifications that I would like doing before collecting. smile.png

Yes, it already has your name on it. I can't wait to start modding it for you. We'll also include a helmet, jacket, and one year of theft insurance in the sale price. Thanks again.

Brian

Hi can someone tell me how these bikes can be modifide are we talking engine or looks and at what cost as I would like something that does not look like the standard scooter

There is a thread buried somewhere in this forum with photos of modified PCX.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeks have gone by it seems like

Many people have purchased a unit they say

Yet no one states top speed ? KM/L ?

And still can not find HP figures

As I am still in the break in phase donot want to get crazy yet with top speed. Having said that yesterday going up Doi Suthep I was doing 60klm and had lots of throttle left, this was on the flat area before starting the climb. Maybe today I'll hit canal road and open it up a bit. I bought mine shortly after they came out and only had mine 2 weeks.

As I am still in the break in phase donot want to get crazy yet with top speed. Having said that yesterday going up Doi Suthep I was doing 60klm and had lots of throttle left, this was on the flat area before starting the climb. Maybe today I'll hit canal road and open it up a bit. I bought mine shortly after they came out and only had mine 2 weeks.

I've only had mine one week and so far has only done less than 100 km. Would a bike break in be similar to that of a car, ie about 1,000 km? Having said that, I've been riding with a pillion most of the time, combined weight about 130 kgs and doing 80 kmh on the straight, still lots of throttle left.

I've only had mine one week and so far has only done less than 100 km. Would a bike break in be similar to that of a car, ie about 1,000 km? Having said that, I've been riding with a pillion most of the time, combined weight about 130 kgs and doing 80 kmh on the straight, still lots of throttle left.

Went out Hang Dong Road today at 60klh only using about one eight throttle. Opened it up and got to 100 very quickly but alot of wind buffeting and had to slow down because of crazy Thai drivers cutting across lanes of traffic. one hundred was top today and feeling is need to be on the 8 to open up.

G the lady at Nat west told me the other day to come in at 1,000 for a oil change and check up.

Went out Hang Dong Road today at 60klh only using about one eight throttle. Opened it up and got to 100 very quickly but alot of wind buffeting and had to slow down because of crazy Thai drivers cutting across lanes of traffic. one hundred was top today and feeling is need to be on the 8 to open up.

G the lady at Nat west told me the other day to come in at 1,000 for a oil change and check up.

Do modern engines even need breaking in? i was told by a Honda dealer that Honda HQ never mention it as something that needs to be done. I rode my new bike(CBR) flat out day one, still runs great.

Too true.

I'm a firm believer in the 'hard break-in' (break it in as you intend to ride it) method.

My Mio 125 was blasted by the mechanics after filling it with oil, on the ride home (once warmed up) i too used WOT countless times, the following day the bike was maxed out at an tacho indicated 112kmh, she now has 28,000km on her and purrrs like a kitten

Same story with my current big bike too and that's nearing 10,000km within 3 months now smile.png

Edited by karlos

Too true.

I'm a firm believer in the 'hard break-in' (break it in as you intend to ride it) method.

My Mio 125 was blasted by the mechanics after filling it with oil, on the ride home (once warmed up) i too used WOT countless times, the following day the bike was maxed out at an tacho indicated 112kmh, she now has 28,000km on her and purrrs like a kitten

Same story with my current big bike too and that's nearing 10,000km within 3 months now smile.png

I did just read this

http://www.mototuneu..._in_secrets.htm

But WHY do they ask us to break-in the engine softly then?

Edited by TramsRepus

Because it's the easiest way for manufacturers to deny warranty claims :D

And with this being Thailand they’ll try to use any old excuse to void your warranty!

On a more serious note, engine break-in is becoming a thing of the past, engines are build to such precision these days that there's very little need to wear off any ragged edges, the only thing you really need to be concerned about (in my opinion) is warming the engine up properly and using good engine oil :)

Because it's the easiest way for manufacturers to deny warranty claims biggrin.png

And with this being Thailand they’ll try to use any old excuse to void your warranty!

On a more serious note, engine break-in is becoming a thing of the past, engines are build to such precision these days that there's very little need to wear off any ragged edges, the only thing you really need to be concerned about (in my opinion) is warming the engine up properly and using good engine oil smile.png

even breaking engines is more difficult than it used to be :)

i used a cbr 150 (old model ) every morning and i used to redline it in the first few gears from cold to get up to speed with the traffic on the big road

i always thought it would break doing that but it didnt have any detrimental effect yet

the guy i sold it too hasnt had any problems and doesnt even change the oil much ,and he drives like a maniac too ,tyres screeching everywhere he goes

i plan to get at least 50,000km out of my elegance before i sell it

not sure about er6n yet

will probably get bored if it and order something else long before it dies

Because it's the easiest way for manufacturers to deny warranty claims biggrin.png

Maybe another reason is to get people driving the bike slowly, so they don't kill themselves going too fast with a bike they're not used to?

Warranty claims can't be it.. first of all the engines don't break, never heard of one actually breaking inside the warranty period, and secondly it would be hard to prove somebody didn't follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

The Kawa dealer guy told me to not worry about it and just hit it hard from the get-go :D

I found a seat guy today in Chiang Mai and having it modified, removing the bump and adding foam. Just removing it today and riding back to my place was a eye opener and more comfortable. If you are tall that bump is a hinderace to comfortable riding.

I was surprised yesterday when I went by the honda shop in Ban Tawai and they just got in some new PCX125's. Asked for a price and the lady said they only wanted to sell them on monthly payments over 2 or 3 years so it make the price very inflated to over 100,000

I was surprised yesterday when I went by the honda shop in Ban Tawai and they just got in some new PCX125's. Asked for a price and the lady said they only wanted to sell them on monthly payments over 2 or 3 years so it make the price very inflated to over 100,000

So there in the loan business instead of the scooter selling business

And I still wait to hear a real KM/L rating as well as a top speed rating . . .

I was surprised yesterday when I had to drive out to Ban Tawai (Out side Chiang Mai) and noticed a honda shop that just got in some PCX125's not sure if transfered from somewere else or the last of the bunch, but they just got them and only wanted to sell them on payments to inflate the price as much as they could.

I found a seat guy today in Chiang Mai and having it modified, removing the bump and adding foam. Just removing it today and riding back to my place was a eye opener and more comfortable. If you are tall that bump is a hinderace to comfortable riding.

can we see the pic of the seat and the whereabouts of the shop please?

can we see the pic of the seat and the whereabouts of the shop please?

If you look thru this thread you will find a post by LivinLos and he has a google map location. Go across Loh Kroh bridge and make a right down about 200 meters on the left side of the road next to a repair shop, there will be seats hanging in front of shop.

That shop is not the cheapest in town, but the man is a true craftsman and the results last. If you have time, he'll not merely remove the bump but design for yer rump.

(I mean, he actually will shape a seat for yours, with fittings as if for a bespoke suit.)

Edited by CMX

He did mine 2 weeks ago, he did not have a shade of red similar to the original so he used black with red stitching along with a bit of additional foam to provide a nice shape. The change made a big difference in terms of ride comfort. Cost was 1500 Thb, dropped it off at 1000 and picked it up at 1500 on a Saturday.

post-97417-0-26609500-1333244168_thumb.j

post-97417-0-93463500-1333244181_thumb.j

He did mine 2 weeks ago, he did not have a shade of red similar to the original so he used black with red stitching along with a bit of additional foam to provide a nice shape. The change made a big difference in terms of ride comfort. Cost was 1500 Thb, dropped it off at 1000 and picked it up at 1500 on a Saturday.

Did the same for me but all black

Quotes 85000 in Honda deal on Theppasit including 2 years theft insurance, any better prices in Pattaya area ?

From previous page in this thread 30km up the road from pattaya 7500 bht cheaper

Posted 2012-03-23 16:33:41

Me too, i got my today from Honda Si Rasha for 72500+5000 with all paper, 2 years theft insurance, free helmet and a jacket and delivery to my door...

Phone number to them: 038-345732, 345833, 346150

Purchased today 2 PcX 150, collect on Friday, many thanks,and very nice people to do business with

br12stol thanks you saved me 7500 baht from the robbing Pattaya stealers

One dealer on 3rd road even quoted 85000 baht and no insurance !!!!!