Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Sydney are going to have to learn to kick straight, far too many points mean far too many close games.

I still like Hawthorn this year, but Collingwood is looking a little stroger now than a few weeks ago.

My quote from 13/8.

Sydney certainly kicked straight when it mattered!

Congratulations Swans!

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great win to the SYDNEY SWANS. When Hawthorn got 2 goals in front in the last quarter I thought it would be hard to come back. What a team to fight back and win. They all played well. They are a great team.

Congratulations.I am happy for you and all the other Swans supporters.

www.youtube.com/embed/N8pWYylLOlA?rel=0

Thanks Ron I like the link.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It's on again fella's, starting tomorrow night and it looks like Australia Network are not showing the 1st week but will be showing from the second week on.

Yep, they advised me that due to scheduling problems, they're unable

to broadcast the first round and will start from March 1st.

The good news however, is that they are going to broadcast

5 games per week. I think they usually played 4 last year so

that is excellent news.

Now, I hope ASN on True Visions still play 1 live and 2 replayed games

and I'll be a happy man.

Regards

Will

• Like 1

It's on again fella's, starting tomorrow night and it looks like Australia Network are not showing the 1st week but will be showing from the second week on.

that is excellent news.

and I'll be a happy man.

Regards

Will

Had some reception problems with Australia Network during the main season last year and ended up subscribing to the AFL stream midway through and was very happy with that.I will see how Australia Network goes before making a decision about suscribing again though.

Cheers,

Ron

that is excellent news.

and I'll be a happy man.

Regards

Will

Had some reception problems with Australia Network during the main season last year and ended up subscribing to the AFL stream midway through and was very happy with that.I will see how Australia Network goes before making a decision about suscribing again though.

Cheers,

Ron

Yep, I had a trial run but my internet is not fast enough to stream.

I only have an aircard where I am so it's not very good.

BTW, they have a NAB cup streaming for past users.

Regards

Will

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the replay of the Hawthorn V Western Bulldogs NAB cup game on Australian Network - Pacific channel. Great game. I will not say who won as others may watch the replay later on Asia channel. I really enjoyed watching the game. I hope the standard continues.

Just watched the replay of the Hawthorn V Western Bulldogs NAB cup game on Australian Network - Pacific channel. Great game. I will not say who won as others may watch the replay later on Asia channel. I really enjoyed watching the game. I hope the standard continues.

The replay was at 22.30 on the Asia channel. How do you get access to the Pacific channel?

Regards

Will

The replay was at 22.30 on the Asia channel. How do you get access to the Pacific channel?

Regards

Will

Last year they changed the pacific satellite coordinates. Since then I have been able to pick it up on my dish as well as the Asia network.

• 3 weeks later...

friend in Wellington told me he was taking his son to a AFL game there next month on Anzac Day - this one

25 Apr 2013 Time: 7:40pm - 10:00pm
One of the biggest sporting clashes on the Australian calendar is coming to Wellington.
The St Kilda Saints will take on the Sydney Swans in a historic game of AFL football on Anzac Day, April 25th.
The game will be the first ever AFL clash played outside of Australia as part of the premiership season and will form part of the Anzac Day activities to honour the servicemen and women who have given their lives to protecting both great countries.
also see here

don't know what size crowd they'll expect - there have been game/games played in NZ before, but not, according to above, premiership?

friend in Wellington told me he was taking his son to a AFL game there next month on Anzac Day - this one

25 Apr 2013 Time: 7:40pm - 10:00pm
One of the biggest sporting clashes on the Australian calendar is coming to Wellington.
The St Kilda Saints will take on the Sydney Swans in a historic game of AFL football on Anzac Day, April 25th.
The game will be the first ever AFL clash played outside of Australia as part of the premiership season and will form part of the Anzac Day activities to honour the servicemen and women who have given their lives to protecting both great countries.
also see here

don't know what size crowd they'll expect - there have been game/games played in NZ before, but not, according to above, premiership?

Thanks for that info, first I had heard about it.

Whose home game will it be?

My tips for the remainder of round 1.

Carlton

Brisbane

Sydney

St Kilda

Melbourne

Collingwood

Hawthorn

The same as you Ron except for the first game. I cannot include a pick as the game is half over. Just starting to watch on Austalianetwork Pacific channel.

Carlton won the toss.

First goal to Carlton

Edited by ripstanley

I didn't see the GC game, but i read Ablett got 4.

Regarding the Swans. Nice to see Sam Reid taking a speccy mark. When Tippet hits the Swans midway through the season Reid and Kurt will make a good team up front. Jetta was super quiet.