Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

I am watching Geelong and Carlton. On my TV I can only see the seconds of the countdown clock. Has anyone else have this problem? Good to see a close game.

Same here

Not for the first time either.

I've tried adjusting the format of my TV but still the same.

Regards

Will

On more than one occasion last year, the australianetwork logo covered the score box untill part way through until someone discovered the mistake and changed it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are probibly right about Essendon but being a Sydney supporter I have to select them.

Fair enough,but I can't put up a case for my team fremantle.sad.png

You should have done. They won well without Sandilands for 98% of the game.

You are probibly right about Essendon but being a Sydney supporter I have to select them.

Fair enough,but I can't put up a case for my team fremantle.sad.png

You should have done. They won well without Sandilands for 98% of the game.

Why they can't play like that all the time,I don't know.Ballantyne could be in for another holiday although it looks like he was being held by the jumper from behind and thumped the other player to get free.No excuse though.

I was just about to cal the ambulance. What a come back. Swans were so lucky. Three good quarters and then went to slept.

What an unbelievable game that was. essendon getting nine goals in the last quarter. I think I nearly had a heart attack the good news is this swans can mix it with with the top teams!

If essendon had 1 that would have been the biggest comeback after a 48. Point deficit ever

Sent from my htc one X. Please excuse any typographical errors

I was just about to cal the ambulance. What a come back. Swans were so lucky. Three good quarters and then went to slept.

You would have to be happy with that result,edge of the chair stuff.Congratulations.

Both sides should be ashamed of themselves: Sydney for their performance in the last quarter; Essendon for their woeful efforts in the first three.

I am watching Geelong and Carlton. On my TV I can only see the seconds of the countdown clock. Has anyone else have this problem? Good to see a close game.

Yes ,had the same problem with a wide screen tv.I didn,t watch the last quarter as the tv was commandeered by a five year old niece who wanted to watch a thai soap.I didn,t mind because we treat her as our own daughter as we don't have any of our own between us.Shame about Carltons two goals, nine points in the last quarter.

Geez,

You're a better man then me Ron.

There's no way I'd let anyone take over the TV while a good game of footy is on.

Especially a 5 year old.

Regards

Will

The Richmond Fremantle game is not live. It is about 30 minutes behind. What is Australian Network doing.

It's usually shown live although sometimes there is a slight delay.

It's pretty hard to be too critical of a free service though. I'm just

happy that we get 4 games.

Regards

Will

You would have to be happy with that result,edge of the chair stuff.Congratulations.

Both sides should be ashamed of themselves: Sydney for their performance in the last quarter; Essendon for their woeful efforts in the first three.

Geez, you're hard to please mate!

That was a cracking game of footy.

Regards

Will

Yes ,had the same problem with a wide screen tv.I didn,t watch the last quarter as the tv was commandeered by a five year old niece who wanted to watch a thai soap.I didn,t mind because we treat her as our own daughter as we don't have any of our own between us.Shame about Carltons two goals, nine points in the last quarter.

Geez,

There's no way I'd let anyone take over the TV while a good game of footy is on.

Especially a 5 year old.

Regards

Will

We both love her.She's a great little kid not demanding at all it's just that as i said before my wife and I have no children together and i'm a soft touch.

Geez,

Especially a 5 year old.

Regards

Will

We both love her.She's a great little kid not demanding at all it's just that as i said before my wife and I have no children together and i'm a soft touch.

Thats why when we built the house I had a room with TV,computer and bar fridge built. In the 4th quarter yesterday the door had to be shut. Other wise my step daughter may have learnt some new words.

• Like 1

Sad to see that Charlie Sutton, captain-coach of the Bulldogs' 1954 premiership team, passed away a few days ago at 88.

There are a lot of nice photos of him in ABC News Online, but one that stood out for me was of Charlie and Fred Flanagan, the Geelong great, both suited up and wearing medals, at a Dick Reynolds Anzac Day dinner. Both Charlie and Fred were returned servicemen, as were many of their generation. Modest and honorable men.

Edited by Xangsamhua

My tips for this week. West Coast

Adelaide

Richmond

North Melbourne

Hawthorn

Western Bulldogs

I think if there is an upset the Port Adelaide may do it.

Off to Bangkok tomorrow fro 3 days. Got to go to the embassy.

Yes they pick themselves this week and I agree on the Western Bulldogs/Pt Adelaide game.

My tips for this week. West Coast

Adelaide

Richmond

North Melbourne

Hawthorn

Western Bulldogs

I think if there is an upset the Port Adelaide may do it.

Off to Bangkok tomorrow fro 3 days. Got to go to the embassy.

Yes they pick themselves this week and I agree on the Western Bulldogs/Pt Adelaide game.

West Coast

Adelaide

Richmond

North Melbourne

Hawthorn (I hope Buddy doesn't kick 13 again!)

Port Adelaide

North Melborne almost gave Gold Coast their first win this season. Norths are not playing well.

Richmond also came close to losing.

Swans back to 4th on the ladder...but only game out from the top and with a great percentage!

North Melborne almost gave Gold Coast their first win this season. Norths are not playing well.

Richmond also came close to losing.

Swans back to 4th on the ladder...but only game out from the top and with a great percentage!

I missed the Richmond game due to travelling. When I got home Gold Coast were in fromt.

It was good to see that Swans were on top last week for 2 day. They were also on top after week one. Good to have some bragging rights

• Like 1

Good news gents,

It seems as if Aust Network Channel will be showing

3 games on Saturdays now.

On their website, the next 2 Saturdays have games at

1100hrs, 1630 and 2100.

Regards

Will

It would be nice if they tried to show all teams equally.

It seems Hawthorn is on every week, but the ladder leaders, for instance, very rarely. (probably because many of the Eagles games are on Sun arvos when Channel 2 need to show more important programs like HMS Pinafore starring John English!)

Would be good to be able to watch one of the Western Derby games - wishful thinking.sad.png

post-140056-0-26891900-1339404845_thumb.

The full version is much better but I can't get it to post here.What you see here is a screen shot as that is the only way I can get it to post.

The official (AFL) Bailey Ladder is interesting as it has a finals predictor attached. You can predict results of all future games and see where your team will finish on the ladder and who they will play in the finals.

http://www.afl.com.au/bailey%20ladder%20predictor/tabid/13046/default.aspx

Been following afl for a couple of years now, and have learned to appriciate the game. Just one thing I don't understand, how is the seasons games scheduled ? Saw one the the seasons early games, I think i was Essendon vs GWS and the commentators said something about Essendon had to continue scoring, as they were only to play GWS once this season, to get a good as possible "percentage", whereas some of the other expected top 8 or top 4 teams were going to meet GWS twice this season, giving them two chances to get the high percentage. Is the play-schedule rollling over more than one year, or what is the explanation ?

The concern with teams meeting some teams once a season, other teams twice, is a sticky point with supporters, with many a claim of favoritism. The problem has arisen because there are 17 teams in the competion, each playing only 22 matches in the season before the finals.

This does not necessarily mean that if Team A plays Team B twice this year, next year they will meet only once. The whole thing has to do with marketing. For example, the League will schedule Carlton to play Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond twice every season, not negotiable They are Big-Ticket games, and the clubs concerned would not have it any other way, irrespective of the difficulty of winning the games.

Edited by Radar501