• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the boys ran out of steam..

Even they did win...

Franklins report will overshadow everything

Franklin has no existing good or bad record at the AFL Tribunal, as all previous offences have expired since his last penalty in early 2011.
Speaking on Triple M radio at half-time, AFL.com.au reporter Damian Barrett had closely assessed the incident and felt Franklin was looking at a one-match suspension.
"I believe it will be a two-week down to one with an early plea," Barrett said.
"It's either reckless or negligent. I would go with reckless. I don't know how you could say it's negligent, as Malceski had disposed of the football.
  • Like 1

Indeed he has no carry over points which he's probably very lucky not to have

There's no hiding the MRP's assessments of contact with the head this season..

The thing that will go against him is he had no eyes for the ball...

Also Nathan Gibbs assessment of Malceski as well will carry weight, which should assist Franklin given Nick was pretty much straight back into the game..

I think it will be more than 2...

Indeed he has no carry over points which he's probably very lucky not to have

There's no hiding the MRP's assessments of contact with the head this season..

The thing that will go against him is he had no eyes for the ball...

Also Nathan Gibbs assessment of Malceski as well will carry weight, which should assist Franklin given Nick was pretty much straight back into the game..

I think it will be more than 2...

Has to be one at least which is great for Sydney

DEMON BOUND

Roos says he's a '50-50' chance to take reins at Melbourne

By Jordan Chong and James Dampney7:17pm AEST Friday, August 30, 2013

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-30/roos-clue

Big challenge for him

True but I think he is capable. I also think he is more than a 50/50 chance all he has to say is I'll take the job and it's his no interview required.

DEMON BOUND  

Big challenge for him

True but I think he is capable.  I also think he is more than a 50/50 chance all he has to say is I'll take the job and it's his no interview required.
He would-be good for club culture for sure... But he would need full board support. It helps he is a diplomat also

DEMON BOUND

Why would you do it,you would be on a hiding to nothing.

They have no skilled players.

Sorry just read the article,2mill a year for 3 years=early retirement

Fremantle scoreless in the 1st Quarter. 1st time in their history. Their previous worst 1st quarter was against St Kilda in 2008.

158 disposals to 64.

Edited by chooka

Fremantle scoreless in the 1st Quarter.  1st time in their history.  Their previous worst 1st quarter was against St Kilda in 2008.

158 disposals to 64.

They have 2 points now near the end of the second q.

I would have thought they would want their players match ready for geelong

Fremantle scoreless in the 1st Quarter. 1st time in their history. Their previous worst 1st quarter was against St Kilda in 2008.

158 disposals to 64.

Reiwolt reported for a high contact during a marking contest, contesting against 3 dockers and unfortunately got on in the side of the head. And a 50 metre penalty (more like 75 metres) resulting at a shot in front of goal for freo.

Edited by chooka

158 disposals to 64.

So who else tipped the saints? Freo made another two late changes prior to the game taking their total to 12. The AFL are now considering a new rule from preventing teams from resting the majority of their team before finals. They say it is taking the integrity out of the game. Ross Lyon used the same tactic with the saints before finals.

Fremantle scoreless in the 1st Quarter.  1st time in their history.  Their previous worst 1st quarter was against St Kilda in 2008.

158 disposals to 64.

So who else tipped the saints?  Freo made another two late changes prior to the game taking their total to 12.  The AFL are now considering a new rule from preventing teams from resting the majority of their team before finals.  They say it is taking the integrity out of the game.  Ross Lyon used the same tactic with the saints before finals.

I might have picked saints if I had known they were resting so many before I put my tips in.... But I didn't

• Like 1

158 disposals to 64.

So who else tipped the saints? Freo made another two late changes prior to the game taking their total to 12. The AFL are now considering a new rule from preventing teams from resting the majority of their team before finals. They say it is taking the integrity out of the game. Ross Lyon used the same tactic with the saints before finals.

I might have picked saints if I had known they were resting so many before I put my tips in.... But I didn't

Saints by 71 points.

Good to see for the retiring players but we did only play the "B" side.

Montagna 49 possessions

Jack Steven 48 possessions

Edited by chooka

Well played to the Saints though, but how about Brisbane!

Going down by a point to the Cats!

Didn't watch any of it, but going by the score Freo might have been kicking themselves...

Indeed.

Carlton v Port Adelaide. What a rollicking final 15 minutes to the game. Carlton by a point and into the finals! I dont think anyone will be fearing Carlton or Port this finals series

Next week it looks like

Hawtorn V Swans Friday MCG

Geelong V Fremantle Saturday at Geelong 2.20pm

Collingwood V Port Adelaide Saturday MCG 7.45pm

Richmond V Carlton Sunday MCG

AFL have confirmed that Geelong will play at Geelong

Collingwood would have to beat Nth Melbourne by 120 points to displace Richmond

• Like 1

Saints by 71 points.

Montagna 49 possessions

Are they record possessions for each player?

For Steven yes, but Montagna his record is 51. (In his prime) Stevens average possession for season is 36 Montagna 34

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Saints by 71 points.

Montagna 49 possessions

For Steven yes, but Montagna his record is 51. (In his prime) Stevens average possession for season is 36 Montagna 34

Do you have any in and under players or only wide receivers?

I just don't rate players with high possession tallies these days. The game has become a back passing, keep it off, handpass around the circle spectacle, with too many players whose only game plan is to run around the player with the ball screaming for an easy possession.

I mostly admire the guy with the most contested marks and possessions not the best wide runner.

I do acknowledge the game needs these runners, I just don't rate them as highly as the real men.

I'm no great fan of Fremantle, but the odds are stacked against them.

Apart from having to travel across the country twice in a week, the third placed side has to play their big final at a small regional ground where Geelong have an incredible win/loss record!

At the start of the year, you thought if you finished third you wouldn't be playing in a regional centre. You'd be playing in a metropolis at world-class venues - Ross Lyon

The week one finals schedule:

Friday September 6

First Qualifying Final, Hawthorn v Sydney Swans at the MCG, 7.50pm (series ticket match)

Saturday September 7

Second Qualifying Final, Geelong Cats v Fremantle at Simonds Stadium, 2.20pm

Second Elimination Final, Richmond or Collingwood v Port Adelaide at the MCG, 7.45pm

Sunday September 8

First Elimination Final, Richmond or Collingwood v Carlton at the MCG, 3.20pm

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tough-ask-for-dockers-with-geelongs-simonds-stadium-to-host-its-first-final-20130901-2syfw.html#ixzz2dcEegIZU

Edited by Old Croc

Saints by 71 points.

Montagna 49 possessions

Do you have any in and under players or only wide receivers?

I just don't rate players with high possession tallies these days. The game has become a back passing, keep it off, handpass around the circle spectacle, with too many players whose only game plan is to run around the player with the ball screaming for an easy possession.

I mostly admire the guy with the most contested marks and possessions not the best wide runner.

I do acknowledge the game needs these runners, I just don't rate them as highly as the real men.

Steven and Montagna are definitely in and under players who go in a get the hard ball.

The final home and away round for 2013. The winner this week was Chooka with 7/9. Well done.

The overall winner was Bookman  with 142 ponits. 2nd was Ron19 with 137. 3rd was Gazman01 with 130

Bookman the  2013 Thaivisa  AFL  Champion Tiipster  (TACT). It is up to you to collect your 6 pack from George. 

Afl TV tips....docx

I've asked george for a six pack of cider

• Like 1

The final home and away round for 2013. The winner this week was Chooka with 7/9. Well done.

The overall winner was Bookman with 142 ponits. 2nd was Ron19 with 137. 3rd was Gazman01 with 130

Bookman the 2013 Thaivisa AFL Champion Tiipster (TACT). It is up to you to collect your 6 pack from George.

Afl TV tips....docx

I've asked george for a six pack of cider

Let us know when you receive it. We can have celebratory cyber drink.

• Like 1

The overall winner was Bookman with 142 ponits. 2nd was Ron19 with 137. 3rd was Gazman01 with 130

Bookman the 2013 Thaivisa AFL Champion Tiipster (TACT). It is up to you to collect your 6 pack from George.

attachicon.gifAfl TV tips....docx

Thank you very much for the time and effort throughtout the AFL season,much appreciated.

• Like 2