Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Upgrades Relationship Status

Lite Beer

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg upgrades relationship status

Zuckerberg has updated his relationship status to "married"

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has ended a hectic week which saw his company valued at £106bn after a stock market flotation by getting married.

He wed his long-time girlfriend Priscilla Chan, 27, in a ceremony at his home in Palo Alto, California.

Full Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18135564

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2012-05-20

Ahh what every stereotypical jewish mother wants her child to do: Marry a doctor.

He's a lucky man to have won her heart. She's smart. independent, will have her own career and very grounded. More of a role model to young girls than any Snooki, Paris, Kim or the typical Thai hi so decked out in bling and fur.

• Like 1

he likes asian, so just image, the more value for TAT if he married a THAI lady :)

and thus owning only 49% of his company and billions (that is till the real value of a facebook share would come out around 1 dollar or less)

• Like 1

Don't people around the world get married everyday? Just yesterday there was a wedding in our estate and it hasn't made the world news yet. Some 26 yr old American lad gets married and it's world news <deleted>.

• Like 1

They met at Harvard and have been together for 9 years.

Jewish + Chinese = beautiful babies.

cheesy.gif

Yep Chooka, Beauty and Brains what a perfect combination, a marriage made in heaven smile.png I do like to read a rags to riches story ,I'm sure you will agree. Edited by Colin Yai

Ahh what every stereotypical jewish mother wants her child to do: Marry a doctor.

He's a lucky man to have won her heart. She's smart. independent, will have her own career and very grounded. More of a role model to young girls than any Snooki, Paris, Kim or the typical Thai hi so decked out in bling and fur.

And the right to half his assets won't be making her all that sad either.

I am not sure of her nationality, but I believe she is an American.

I saw some news articles referring to Priscilla Chan as Chinese American, ie a US national of Chinese descent. Possibly, she also has a Chinese, British (colonial Hong Kong) or Taiwanese passport, depending on her parents' nationalities.

I am not sure of her nationality, but I believe she is an American.

I saw some news articles referring to Priscilla Chan as Chinese American, ie a US national of Chinese descent. Possibly, she also has a Chinese, British (colonial Hong Kong) or Taiwanese passport, depending on her parents' nationalities.

D'ye think maybe he married her for a Taiwanese passport?

I was wondering what Priscilla Chan's Chinese family name is and found it on the web:

simplified Chinese: 陈

traditional Chinese: 陳

The family name 陈(陳) is variously romanised as Chen, Cheng, Chan, Chang, Tan, or Tang, depending on the Chinese dialect spoken in the respective area.

I'm not sure what her Chinese given name is, if she has any. From what I can see, Chinese newspapers use a phonetic transliteration for Priscilla; one article uses 普莉希拉, another article uses 普里西拉, both pronounced as "pulli sheila", but with different intonations.

D'ye think maybe he married her for a Taiwanese passport?

In Taiwan, her family name 陳 would be pronounced Chen. Chan is Cantonese. I know a Mr. Chan in Hong Kong, a Mr. Chen in Taiwan, a Mr. Tan in Malaysia, a Mr. Tang in Thailand, a all four write their name as

Any chance we could just cut the <deleted> ,and just enter into the world of realism ,and that it could be just a simple case that they love each other and have done so for quite some time ,long before the guy has "made it good" big time and just leave it at that biggrin.png

You've got it right.

And the right to half his assets won't be making her all that sad either.

She gained that right many years ago. They were common law residents of Californnia and under the law she didn't need to be married to claim anyhing.

Don't people around the world get married everyday? Just yesterday there was a wedding in our estate and it hasn't made the world news yet. Some 26 yr old American lad gets married and it's world news <deleted>.

a "lad" with 20 BILLION BUCKS is going to get more press than a lad with 20 thousand bucks...

• Like 1

a "lad" with 20 BILLION BUCKS is going to get more press than a lad with 20 thousand bucks...

Yeah But the best part of it he made it all himself by hard work with brains thrown in, this world needs more like him , Bill Gates,Richard Branson,Larry Page and Sergey Brin (Google) , Jeff Bezos (Amazon) ,etc etc , all started with nothing and now they have business Empires employing thousands of people ,why some people write of them in derogatory terms as "rich bastards" etc has always been a mystery to me as only rich people create employment ,paupers in many cases can't even keep themselves .biggrin.png

his handling of his company ipo has been questionable. he probably wont sell a share but he is standing idle as lambs are being led to slaughter.

Yeah But the best part of it he made it all himself by hard work with brains thrown in, this world needs more like him , Bill Gates,Richard Branson,Larry Page and Sergey Brin (Google) , Jeff Bezos (Amazon) ,etc etc , all started with nothing and now they have business Empires employing thousands of people ,why some people write of them in derogatory terms as "rich bastards" etc has always been a mystery to me as only rich people create employment ,paupers in many cases can't even keep themselves .biggrin.png

his handling of his company ipo has been questionable. he probably wont sell a share but he is standing idle as lambs are being led to slaughter.

Yep ,it did'nt take long before the "sour grapes" attitude came to prominence sick.gif

that American lad happens to be one of the richest men in the world...that may have something to do with it making the news...jealous are we?

that American lad happens to be one of the richest men in the world...that may have something to do with it making the news...jealous are we?

Hi Dave, In between "Richest men" you should have wrote "self made" thumbsup.gif

Hi Dave, In between "Richest men" you should have wrote "self made" thumbsup.gif

and he founded an online social network with c.1,000,000,000 users

• Like 1