Manchester United

redrus

Do you remember once upon a time when it was stated that Martin O'Neill was an eligible successor. Could do worse. Could do better but could do worse.

Bout time you kept your onions to yourself 'sunsheeine'.......!!! ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who do the fans want?

Everyone's that's ruled themselves out......... wink.png

redrus

Might be better of with interim Giggs for a while then?

Might be best just having a year out.... wink.png

redrus

Yep. Didn't do Guardiola any harm.

One season out of the CL is a big revenue hit for the Glazers mind.

BTW. I've worked out why Moyes got sacked today and not earlier in the season.

Contract said EPL top 4 minimum requirement. Losing to Everton mathematically sealed it. Glazers pulled the plug.

smile.png

Who do the fans want?

Everyone's that's ruled themselves out......... wink.png

redrus

Might be better of with interim Giggs for a while then?

Might be best just having a year out.... wink.png

redrus

BTW. I've worked out why Moyes got sacked today and not earlier in the season.

Contract said EPL top 4 minimum requirement. Losing to Everton mathematically sealed it. Glazers pulled the plug.

smile.png

Hahahahaha, I'm glad you're here, what would we do without you....... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

Van Gaal perfect for United.....

Guillem Balague on Louis van Gaal

"If you want to understand what's happened with Barcelona the last decade or so, you have to go back to the job he put in there. If you want to understand what Bayern Munich are now, you have to understand what he did at Bayern Munich."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12087/9278564/louis-van-gaals-perfect-for-manchester-united-job-says-guillem-balague

Balague also suggested Jose Mourinho was desperate to apply for the job before Moyes took the reins last summer.

"There's a story in a book that's being published in Spain that says when Mourinho found out he wasn't going to take the job at Manchester United, he cried.

redrus

Edited by redrus

Well if Hiiddink is taking over the Dutch from LVG after the World Cup (contract signed ?), sensible money must surely be on LVG?

Personally I'd love to see Simeone at UNITED and in the EPL but he's on a roll at At Madrid.

Nah, doing well at Madrid with a certain style of football,, could he change his style to suit the squad?, who knows,or even would that style suit utd's current squad? dont think so and not a risk i would have thought utds board would currently want to take. IMO Who ever takes over will have to walk in there and IMMEDIATELY get the respect of the players and get the best out of the current squad, Ancelloti is the proven master of that, he aint gonna leave r madrid but i suspect a signing will be left to post world cup.

So the new manager will have little chance in the transfer window then?

It all sounds a bit tricky dicky to me.

get a grip, who ever gets the job still has the most of a squad that won the prem last year, just has to set it up to suit the team and squad =,, moyes never really did, Immediately they need to replace vidic and a quality play making midfielder,and the way footie things have been working in recent years, targets will already been made and rightly or wrongly wont probably change with the change of a coach. after that the rest can wait until the right players become available.

• Like 1

Van Gaal perfect for United.....

Guillem Balague on Louis van Gaal

"If you want to understand what's happened with Barcelona the last decade or so, you have to go back to the job he put in there. If you want to understand what Bayern Munich are now, you have to understand what he did at Bayern Munich."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12087/9278564/louis-van-gaals-perfect-for-manchester-united-job-says-guillem-balague

Balague also suggested Jose Mourinho was desperate to apply for the job before Moyes took the reins last summer.

"There's a story in a book that's being published in Spain that says when Mourinho found out he wasn't going to take the job at Manchester United, he cried.

redrus

Do you really think that fergie rung murry boy up just to tell him he was retiring cheesy.gif no doubts he contacted him 2

sound him out as his replacement and probably got told he was already signed and sealed and on his way to the chav's, these deals are, generally done well b4 we hear about them. making Moyes, imo at least 3rd choice if not 4 th or 5 choice .

Managerial possibilities......, The Runners and Riders

Jurgen Klopp

Diego Simeone

Ryan Giggs

Lois Van Gaal

Frank DeBoer

Roberto Martinez

I think we can safely rule out Ryan and certain Man U wouldn't risk the embarrassment of approaching Martinez.

It's mildly amusing that the press bandy about these names for sales figures with little idea of who actually wants the poisoned chalice in the first place.

The Man U board missed a trick last year and we all knew it then, let alone now. The board now have to go sell the post to anyone daft enough to listen. Desperation will creep in, again, when one by one the big names snub any approach.

Being World Cup summer and desperate for a name, the board approach an international manager with a good run in the finals [Luis Fernando Suarez, Honduras, for example]. An exaggeration, I know, but see where I coming from.

Edited by wooloomooloo

^

^

Not really.

I'm just posting things to talk about, I'm pretty certain (99% certain) that Van Gaal is nailed on, I've been told that United went to talks last week, so this is all pontification and media waffle to me.

Its just fodder for you guys to get the guillotine out again, have your liccle laughs at our expense, for once. We'll be back, far quicker than many of you expect. ;)

redrus

^

I fear it wasn't really a well thought out comment, but it's P45, so we let it go...

#onthecrackagain

;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^

^

Not really.

I'm just posting things to talk about, I'm pretty certain (99% certain) that Van Gaal is nailed on, I've been told that United went to talks last week, so this is all pontification and media waffle to me.

Its just fodder for you guys to get the guillotine out again, have your liccle laughs at our expense, for once. We'll be back, far quicker than many of you expect. wink.png

redrus

Sounds about right with van gaal, unless he told them he'd already signed a deal with spur's!!!!, cos i'm pretty sure the rumors of vg meeting levy were true, still, who knows what's happened. time will tell

^

^

Not really.

Its just fodder for you guys to get the guillotine out again, have your liccle laughs at our expense, for once. We'll be back, far quicker than many of you expect. wink.png

redrus

Sounds about right with van gaal, unless he told them he'd already signed a deal with spur's!!!!, cos i'm pretty sure the rumors of vg meeting levy were true, still, who knows what's happened. time will tell

It was probably a case of van Gaal using us a little to put himself in the shop window Rij because he obviously knew Moyes' position was looking ever more precarious.

Maybe United could make it a dutch double and appoint Scteeeve McClaren as louis's no2! It would be amusing to see that t*t back in the doudout.

• Like 1

If LVG is manager we will have a little dilemma. The injury to RVP has given a new lease of life to Mata as he has been able to move to his favoured position. Its even improved Kagawa's performances.

LVG getting the job will mean RVP starting up top which will leave Rooney and Mata fighting for their favourite position. Mind you that is the least of our worries. Need some CM's badly!!!

Jurgen Klopp

Diego Simeone

Ryan Giggs

Lois Van Gaal

Frank DeBoer

Roberto Martinez

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9277841/runners-and-riders

redrus

It's looking more and more like Van Gaal

But wow, Ancelotti up to second across the board!

I see the special one is hovering in 6th place. wink.png

If LVG is manager we will have a little dilemma. The injury to RVP has given a new lease of life to Mata as he has been able to move to his favoured position. Its even improved Kagawa's performances.

LVG getting the job will mean RVP starting up top which will leave Rooney and Mata fighting for their favourite position. Mind you that is the least of our worries. Need some CM's badly!!!

i can well see van persie fancying a move in the summer.

Jurgen Klopp

Diego Simeone

Ryan Giggs

Lois Van Gaal

Frank DeBoer

Roberto Martinez

redrus

what about H.R. the man gets respect wherever he goes.

Jurgen Klopp

Diego Simeone

Ryan Giggs

Lois Van Gaal

Frank DeBoer

Roberto Martinez

redrus

what about H.R. the man gets respect wherever he goes.

Would they stand for an 'arry boy' north of Watford?

Yep - he will hate the idea of being off the CL stage for at least a year. Wonder if he'll have the bottle to sound out Wengersmile.png. [only if we can get 4th of course]

• Like 1

why? under van gaals managemnent vp's just ended the dutch qualifying campaign scorin 4 fun , bustin van bastens dutch scorin record if i recall correctly.

why? under van gaals managemnent vp's just ended the dutch qualifying campaign scorin 4 fun , bustin van bastens dutch scorin record if i recall correctly.

champions league football and he's never played in spain or italy. might fancy a change. just a speculation.

I can't, no-one's going to pay him that sort of money plus a transfer fee when his continued fitness is in serious doubt.