Diego Simeone

Ryan Giggs

Lois Van Gaal

Frank DeBoer

Roberto Martinez

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9277841/runners-and-riders

redrus

It's looking more and more like Van Gaal

But wow, Ancelotti up to second across the board!

I see the special one is hovering in 6th place. wink.png

what about H.R. the man gets respect wherever he goes.

Would they stand for an 'arry boy' north of Watford?

it wasn't long ago he was fav.for the England job,they might come to regret not giving him a chance,the same they done to that other great manager,remember him,B.C.derby,notts.for.won the European cup with the first ever million pound player.maybe I said maybe,they couldn't do any worse than have a double act,ryan and david.

laurent blanc has been a disappointment as a manager so far. thought he'd have kicked on more.

Winning the French League and getting into the CL quarter finals.

Stop MOANING.

Anyway, he's staying at PSG and playing in the CL next season.

Man Untied with Van Gaal, or even Jesus H Christ, won't be.

Doubt very much if they will be the following season either.

Man United arrogance, in the wake of the Moyes debacle, remains unabated

No better illustrated than by the superior condescending pomp from redrus.

Whoever gets the job will be competing with Rodgers, Pellegrini, Mourinho, Martinez and Wenger.

Do not blame me when the headline on the back of the Daily Mirror at Christmas is:

"OH MY GAAL"

Old man Gaal at United suits me fine.

Will be surprised to see if they hire a 61 year old.

Not exactly what one would really expect, although they need to get back on track first, before they think long term investment.

Interesting how everyone already ruled out Giggs.

Remember Guardiola?

He didn't exactly have the same ballast as a 61 year old Van Gaal.

Still, Barca went with him.

Sure, he had a stint with their B-team.

Maybe go with someone just finished with his career, whom is still on top of the modern game in regards to how players think.

Surely at least one of SAF's previous players must do it well as a manager.

;-)

Man United arrogance, in the wake of the Moyes debacle, remains unabated

No better illustrated than by the superior condescending pomp from redrus.

Where's this come from now....???

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good luck redrus.

Let me know how united are doing at christmas.

I will be watching closely.

You've lost me fella, I'm all for a bit of banter but your "condescending pomp" comments, have me at a loss......? I'm quite a good judge of character, and you seem like a good fella, despite your rantings, I sometimes find them funny, sometimes not, my "smoking crack comments" are only ever (as ANYONE on this forum would probably testify) are meant in jest, banter. So I am at a loss to explain these occasional outbursts towards me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended, I don't even know you, but these comments need justification, and I see none.....!!

Anyone else help with this one..? :/

redrus

I don't like playground bullies.

Man United continue to decline.

Until they reverse it.

Currently they effectively have no manager.

Foxtrot Oscar.

There you go again, calling me names, surely that points to you to being the bully.....

Show me justification for this nonsense, please...?

Foxtrot Oscar = F u c k o f f in anyones books, please refrain from that, it takes this beyond the realms of decency into silly 'internet warrior' territory, and thats just plain daft..!!

redrus

Your post about Mourinho was not banter.

It was character assassination.

Made even worse by the glory glory man united mentality of united being able to turn Mourinho down.

Arrogant.

Some of your posts regarding ME, need to be viewed in the context of forum etiquette.

Your banter, is not my banter.

So leave it.

If LVG is manager we will have a little dilemma. The injury to RVP has given a new lease of life to Mata as he has been able to move to his favoured position. Its even improved Kagawa's performances.

LVG getting the job will mean RVP starting up top which will leave Rooney and Mata fighting for their favourite position. Mind you that is the least of our worries. Need some CM's badly!!!

i can well see van persie fancying a move in the summer.

I can't, no-one's going to pay him that sort of money plus a transfer fee when his continued fitness is in serious doubt.

is it an issue ? until recently he ' s hardly missed a game 4 3? ish seasons Edited by rijit

Van Gaal perfect for United.....

Guillem Balague on Louis van Gaal

"If you want to understand what's happened with Barcelona the last decade or so, you have to go back to the job he put in there. If you want to understand what Bayern Munich are now, you have to understand what he did at Bayern Munich."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12087/9278564/louis-van-gaals-perfect-for-manchester-united-job-says-guillem-balague

Balague also suggested Jose Mourinho was desperate to apply for the job before Moyes took the reins last summer.

"There's a story in a book that's being published in Spain that says when Mourinho found out he wasn't going to take the job at Manchester United, he cried.

redrus

Speculative assassinatory nonsense from Balague, the Spanish journo, regarding Mourinho and United.

One of the reasons Mourinho left Spain. The press are even more predatory there than they are here.

Balague opinion about van gaal being the mastermind behind Barcelona and Bayern success also needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Not unlike Mancini claiming he was the reason for Pellegrini's success.

And YOU redrus choose these snippets to suit your story.

Good luck redrus.

Let me know how united are doing at christmas.

I will be watching closely.

You've lost me fella, I'm all for a bit of banter but your "condescending pomp" comments, have me at a loss......? I'm quite a good judge of character, and you seem like a good fella, despite your rantings, I sometimes find them funny, sometimes not, my "smoking crack comments" are only ever (as ANYONE on this forum would probably testify) are meant in jest, banter. So I am at a loss to explain these occasional outbursts towards me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended, I don't even know you, but these comments need justification, and I see none.....!!

Anyone else help with this one..? :/

redrus

Afraid not mate.

Been on the receiving end of exactly the same. Last time, out of the blue, in response to a post that had nothing to do with him, he told me my head was up my ar$e. I expressed my bemusement, and told him that if i had offended him with something i previously had said - clearly i had - that he should just tell me what it was and i would happily apologize in the spirit of reconciliation, providing of course that it was reciprocal. Sounds reasonable does it not? To which he responded just that "i irritated him" (which is a touch ironic as he seems to himself irritate more people than anybody else from what i can see).

Anyway, with the wide variety of different characters an internet forum like this attracts, of course not everyone is going to like each other, and i have no problem with him or anyone else not liking me, but if that dislike manifests itself with trivial arguments being picked over every sentence, sometimes even every word (don't get him started on the word "little"), and with a load of name calling added for good measure, well then the forum loses a lot of its appeal i would say.

• Like 2

Van Gaal perfect for United.....

Guillem Balague on Louis van Gaal

"If you want to understand what's happened with Barcelona the last decade or so, you have to go back to the job he put in there. If you want to understand what Bayern Munich are now, you have to understand what he did at Bayern Munich."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12087/9278564/louis-van-gaals-perfect-for-manchester-united-job-says-guillem-balague

Balague also suggested Jose Mourinho was desperate to apply for the job before Moyes took the reins last summer.

"There's a story in a book that's being published in Spain that says when Mourinho found out he wasn't going to take the job at Manchester United, he cried.

redrus

Speculative assassinatory nonsense from Balague, the Spanish journo, regarding Mourinho and United.

One of the reasons Mourinho left Spain. The press are even more predatory there than they are here.

Balague opinion about van gaal being the mastermind behind Barcelona and Bayern success also needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Not unlike Mancini claiming he was the reason for Pellegrini's success.

And YOU redrus choose these snippets to suit your story.

Exactly......., someone else's story.....!!

The title of this particular place within the Football Forum, is the Manchester United thread. Under that subheading is, "all the news and views" those views are invariably 'NOT' my own, but I can use them and place them in whatever order I like, as can you...!

It seems, as you say yourself above, you are able to take Balague with a pinch of salt, yet when I use his own words for amusement and banter in this generally light hearted space, you are not able to. You then resort to general name calling and silliness and the use of alternative ways of swearing at me to get the dummy that you spat on the floor, back in your mouth.

I asked you for evidence for the reason of your vitriol towards me, and you give me that (above).

I ask politely that you end this daftness now, as in my eyes you're just making yourself look ridiculous.

redrus

My post about Mourinho crying, was a quote from Guillem Ballage, a well respected Spanish football journo

"well respected"? Don't make me laugh, he's a Sky Sports talking head who translates the <deleted> from AS and Marca into English.

"well respected". Christ on a bike. Maybe by terminally stupid people.

My post about Mourinho crying, was a quote from Guillem Ballage, a well respected Spanish football journo

"well respected"? Don't make me laugh, he's a Sky Sports talking head who translates the <deleted> from AS and Marca into English.

See, read this P45, its an attack, possibly wub.png on my own intelligence.

How do I take it, I take with a sea full of salt as Chicog neither knows me or even cares to know me as our opinions differ, greatly. Yet, I have a respect for him as he does not feel the need to go on the attack and can say it as he see's it, whether I agree with him, or not.

I put that well respected bit in for someone to pick up on, I'd have wagered my house it would have been you so, thanks for that 'r kid'... !

redrus

redrus

And people wonder why Mourinho gets hacked off with the press.

Anyway, back on topic..........

Look who's back....

Scholes back to assist Giggs

Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville were today assisted by former team-mate and Reds legend Paul Scholes at the Aon Training Complex.

Giggs was placed in temporary charge of the first team on Tuesday and was joined at this morning's training session by Butt, Neville and Scholes following the departures of David Moyes, Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden.

This season Butt has been working with United's Under-19s and Under-21s as a technical coach, while Scholes assisted him during the Reds youngsters' UEFA Youth League campaign earlier this season.

Giggs, Butt, Neville and Scholes have collectively made 2,453 appearances for United, while Ryan is still registered as a player of course and could feature in the remaining four matches of the season against Norwich, Sunderland, Hull and Southampton.

redrus

Manchester United fans accidentally target wrong 'Moyesy' on Twitter AGAIN following David Moyes' sacking

Sarah Moyes is no relation to the ex-United boss, who lost his job at Old Trafford yesterday but has again been targeted by confused supporters on social media

The Scot lost his job at Old Trafford yesterday after just 10 months in charge, with the board's patience finally running out.

And while Moyes is said to be furious and disgusted with his treatment, his namesake Sarah - who is no relation - has faced the brunt of many supporters' frustrations.

Last month, she was hounded by furious fans who demanded her resignation, believing she was the daughter of the under-fire boss.

This time, Sarah appears to have made light of the situation and even joked that Moyes is in fact her father.

She tweeted: "I really wish my "dad" could have waited until my first Press Night at The Playhouse was out the way, before deciding to get himself sacked!"

It is of course not the first case of mistaken identity surrounding a Premier League boss, as Tottenham fans turned on Andre Villas-Boas last year.

Twitter user @AVB brilliantly replied to the verbals dished out to her, using theatre lyrics to leave Spurs supporters perplexed.

Meanwhile, a New Delhi analyst under the profile @rvp has often been mistaken for Robin van Persie and has recently communicated with his fellow scapegoats about the continuing mistake.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-sacked-manchester-united-3445075#ixzz2zhoAuHxM
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Please, not even the Mirror could make this one up.......

redrus

I'm not so sure about the New Delhi Analyst who uses @RVP....

6eba4e90-b1d9-11e3-9747-a9c913b1aada_ind

Funniest headline of the day:

Man Utd: Sir Alex Ferguson to help select David Moyes's replacement

I understand the notion that keeping Giggs and some of the 'ol boys around could be a good thing (and I guess that includes SAF), but I also get the feeling that United could be better off getting rid of all of them. A clean slate, without any potential for personality issues amongst the old guard getting in the way of progress. Just a thought.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about the New Delhi Analyst who uses @RVP....

6eba4e90-b1d9-11e3-9747-a9c913b1aada_ind

Funniest headline of the day:

Man Utd: Sir Alex Ferguson to help select David Moyes's replacement

I understand the notion that keeping Giggs and some of the 'ol boys around could be a good thing (and I guess that includes SAF), but I also get the feeling that United could be better off getting rid of all of them. A clean slate, without any potential for personality issues amongst the old guard getting in the way of progress. Just a thought.thumbsup.gif

I agree, they haven't really 'moved on' with David Moyes and it's now looking a bit stale.

Needs freshening up a bit.

Anyway, back on topic..........

Look who's back....

Scholes back to assist Giggs

Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville were today assisted by former team-mate and Reds legend Paul Scholes at the Aon Training Complex.

Giggs was placed in temporary charge of the first team on Tuesday and was joined at this morning's training session by Butt, Neville and Scholes following the departures of David Moyes, Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden.

This season Butt has been working with United's Under-19s and Under-21s as a technical coach, while Scholes assisted him during the Reds youngsters' UEFA Youth League campaign earlier this season.

Giggs, Butt, Neville and Scholes have collectively made 2,453 appearances for United, while Ryan is still registered as a player of course and could feature in the remaining four matches of the season against Norwich, Sunderland, Hull and Southampton.

redrus

Maybe they should call Ole Gunnar Solskjaer back too, he's an awesome coach...wink.png

• Like 1