Manchester United

redrus

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

This team won a European trophy in its 1st season.  United is under a lot of transition still and they are guided by a serial CL contender and winner. Your comments about style change required to win CL are off the mark and have no basis. His systems are proven to win things but maybe he still does not have the right staff just yet which is why it will be interesting to see the changes that get made this close season. What happened this season in CL was all round very strange. It is a kamikaze league this year.

So do you think they will be one of the favorites next season in the CL?  

3 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

new nic  for u                                                  # the pest #      have a knob of a day!!!

Rather than a unpleasant anti semite such as yourself!  Fine by me.  Theres simply ne need for the type of stuff you post, completely crosses the line.  Maybe its the alcohol?

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Bit premature to speculate on favourites. With the team theye have now they have more chance than Spurs and that is no joke. Just comparing managers experience they have more chance. No offence but tottenham would be best off in the Europa. Better chance of reaching a final and what Spurs need more than anything is a final appearance.

13 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

new nic  for u                                                  # the pest #      have a knob of a day!!!

If he has annoyed you then his work is done for the day....he'll be sipping an early beer on the back of that nick! :post-4641-1156694572:

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bit premature to speculate on favourites. With the team theye have now they have more chance than Spurs and that is no joke. Just comparing managers experience they have more chance. No offence but tottenham would be best off in the Europa. Better chance of reaching a final and what Spurs need more than anything is a final appearance.

Spurs have nothing to do with this discussion as you well know.  Their playing style is completely different and in any event, isn't that a point better discussed on the Spurs thread.

I am amused though that you have somehow managed to have a pop at Spurs in a debate that has absolutely nothing to do with them!!  As for us, i agree with what the media are reporting, that given the circumstances we've performed extremely well but your points are duly noted.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Spurs have nothing to do with this discussion as you well know.  Their playing style is completely different and in any event, isn't that a point better discussed on the Spurs thread.

I am amused though that you have somehow managed to have a pop at Spurs in a debate that has absolutely nothing to do with them!!  As for us, i agree with what the media are reporting, that given the circumstances we've performed extremely well but your points are duly noted.

I note you do not disagree with the favourites point. You asked if Utd would be classed as favourites. You have obtained more games next season by qualifying so I was just making a valid point that even with Utd as they are, they would be ahead of you in the polls as your team has a monkey on its back where knockout football is concerned. That is why I think Europa League would be best suited but then again with that monkey on your back maybe it's not.

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Spurs 

i agree with what the media are reporting, that given the circumstances we've performed extremely well 

but  the pest .spursy have been treading water for around the last 2 seasons(approx)and have not won a fart .at least mou and m.u  have won silverware in those seasons                   win something pest .thats what sucess is all about. you and the plank are full of ..troll garbage . win something  then crow til the cows come home  and stop trolling about the financial clout that some clubs may  have over  others   its a fact life  anywhere   except your troll world

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

but  the pest .spursy have been treading water for around the last 2 seasons(approx)and have not won a fart .at least mou and m.u  have won silverware in those seasons                   win something pest .thats what sucess is all about. you and the plank are full of ..troll garbage . win something  then crow til the cows come home  and stop trolling about the financial clout that some clubs may  have over  others   its a fact life  anywhere   except your troll world

Shame your lot fell having jumped the last fence but its a long gallop to the line isn't it?

All fur coat and no knickers at the chav empire.

I'm looking forward to seeing the plans for your new stadium which will no doubt be built on the cheap as well....give it a decade and the shed end will be just that.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

If Liverpool win it this month do you carmine think they'll be one of next seasons favourites?  I don't,  and I don't think any british club is a favourite.  The favourites are pretty much the same every season: Real Barca Bayern...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Shame your lot fell having jumped the last fence but its a long gallop to the line isn't it?

All fur coat and no knickers at the chav empire.

I'm looking forward to seeing the plans for your new stadium which will no doubt be built on the cheap as well....give it a decade and the shed end will be just that.

as usual  all tommy rot                                                 win something plank              poor lost spursy sucker!!!!

What has this Manchester united Thread has turned into?, Lads let's calm down and get back to talking about how crap we have become.

It's only a game lads ?.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well the Utd fans detest the style of football.

If it doesn't change next season the supporters will force a change by Xmas.

How ...the same way they got rid of the Glazers ?

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

How ...the same way they got rid of the Glazers ?

Totally different....managers live by results and the support of the fans.

He's already lost one of those....and most seem to want him to take Pogba with him!

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Tonight Michael Carrick will lead the team onto the OT pitch for his 316th and last appearance. Probably play 60 mins and leave to a well deserved, standing ovation. The last 2 or 3 seasons haven't been easy as the legs are naturally going but what an outstanding ,inspirational career.

Carrick could always see the killer pass,must have been great to play with.Disappointing that he didn't play as many games for his country that he maybe should have

Model professional and thankfully will not be lost to the club as he moves onto on a coaching career. Couldn't think of a better person to be a link between the young fellows coming through with aspirations of a place in the first team squad.

So the last link to the great teams of the past is coming to an end,thanks for the memories

With Mourinho,s assistant going at the end of the season maybe an opportunity opening for Carrick?

Yes a good servant and possibly without getting the recognition he deserves.....until now :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here you go Nev, get this thread back on track. Your opinion then on who Mourinho will clear out.

He stated no one was leaving but I do not believe that one bit, For a start Carrick is retiring so one wage off the books and a central midfielder will come in, Fellaini has not signed a new contract I am certain he will leave, another midfielder of the books, so two needed to come in.

Has for others we need another striker when Lukaku is out no one can step up and lead the line on his own maybe Griezman will come in, others either Bale or Perisic we need a fast wide winger.

And one more we need replacing is a right fullback Valencia does not cut it for me him being one footed makes him one dimensional and easy to defend against when he moves up to attack nine time out of ten he never gets a cross in and stops and passes back or sideways and if he gets a cross in it hits the first man.

Expect 4/5 in and about the same to leave.

Interesting season ahead with Mourinio's right hand man leaving after 17 years together, I expect Carrick to take the role.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Totally different....managers live by results and the support of the fans.

He's already lost one of those....and most seem to want him to take Pogba with him!

Looking through ManU management eyes on Mourinho: 

1st season - 2 trophies.

2nd season - back up to 2nd and best Premier finish since Fergie left, FA Cup final chance to win it, CL next season.

Stick or twist? An obvious stick isn't it no matter what some fans think of the style of football. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Looking through ManU management eyes on Mourinho: 

1st season - 2 trophies.

2nd season - back up to 2nd and best Premier finish since Fergie left, FA Cup final chance to win it, CL next season.

Stick or twist? An obvious stick isn't it no matter what some fans think of the style of football. 

The owners will be absolutely delighted, more money coming in so they can draw the couple of million each they pay themselves each year and the club runs itself without them contributing nowt.

4 hours ago, nev said:

He stated no one was leaving but I do not believe that one bit, For a start Carrick is retiring so one wage off the books and a central midfielder will come in, Fellaini has not signed a new contract I am certain he will leave, another midfielder of the books, so two needed to come in.

Has for others we need another striker when Lukaku is out no one can step up and lead the line on his own maybe Griezman will come in, others either Bale or Perisic we need a fast wide winger.

And one more we need replacing is a right fullback Valencia does not cut it for me him being one footed makes him one dimensional and easy to defend against when he moves up to attack nine time out of ten he never gets a cross in and stops and passes back or sideways and if he gets a cross in it hits the first man.

Expect 4/5 in and about the same to leave.

Interesting season ahead with Mourinio's right hand man leaving after 17 years together, I expect Carrick to take the role.

We had the perfect, wide, fast winger by the name of Zaha,let him go for next to nothing from memory.

Mc Tominay might just be a wild card for RB.height, pace and in his younger days apparently quite a goal scorer

20 hours ago, nev said:

The owners will be absolutely delighted, more money coming in so they can draw the couple of million each they pay themselves each year and the club runs itself without them contributing nowt.

Martial?  Can't see him staying, can you?   

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Martial?  Can't see him staying, can you?   

50/50 mate, he was either rested for the final or he has played his last game for us.

Great player but inconsistent at times, maybe that's due to lack of games.

7 hours ago, nev said:

50/50 mate, he was either rested for the final or he has played his last game for us.

Great player but inconsistent at times, maybe that's due to lack of games.

Injured in training friday,supposedly.......all the skills needed to reach the very top but little desire to knuckle down and work at it unfortunately  :sorry:

Well I wasn't enthralled by the cup final, especially as the first half was pretty dire by MU's standards, however the second half came to life, but it's quite amazing how different people see the game.

A couple of the UK newspapers basically said that MU had the majority of possession but "never really threatened the Chelsea goal" although I think that has to be taken with a pinch of salt because at least the keeper had to pull off some saves.

As regards possession, all well and good if you do something with it, but if the majority of those passes are going across the field, then you can have all the possession you want but it's going to get you nowhere.

Mourinho said MU deserved to win, but then again he would say that.

The irony of it all was that Mourinho was stating that Chelsea had "parked their blue bus" across the penalty area making it difficult for MU, when he has been just as guilty of this in many games this season, focusing on defence rather than attack.

With this team, even with a couple of changes, I can't see us winning anything next year especially if we have (essentially) the same bunch of players, with the same manager, playing the same way.

A big clear out is needed, to cut the wage bill, produce some income and make way for fresh players...…..and hopefully a new manager (if he fails to win anything next year then that must be a certainty).

It,s just a game xylophone not life and death...Chelsea did to United what United have done to others this season and good luck to them.......next season is another matter :thumbsup:

yesterdays defeat made more folk on here happy than unhappy :partytime2:

here,s hoping the scousers don,t put the knife in deeper this w/end :sorry:

24 minutes ago, petermik said:

It,s just a game xylophone not life and death...Chelsea did to United what United have done to others this season and good luck to them.......next season is another matter :thumbsup:

yesterdays defeat made more folk on here happy than unhappy :partytime2:

here,s hoping the scousers don,t put the knife in deeper this w/end :sorry:

Absolutely agree with your statement about it being just a game and not about life and death, because I've never thought about it any other way.

In fact I find it amazing that people in the crowds at these matches will be shouting obscenities at the opposing players when they are going to take a throw in or similar, not only that many of these people seem to live for their team to win and their whole week revolves around how their team did in one match or another – – I find that quite strange.

Me, I'm just a long-time supporter airing his views and nothing my team does will  interfere with my day, week or life, although I will post my thoughts, as I said.

And as for Liverpool at the weekend, good luck to them, because if they win it will be a fantastic achievement and I wish them all the best.

• Like 1

The FA Cup final was a disappointment on several levels.

Well done to Chelsea, they did what they needed to do and their performance was reminiscent of many under Mourinho’s stewardship.

I wouldn’t want to be a Chelsea season ticket holder though.

United were dire in the first half - they just didn’t turn up . The second half half was much better from them and they ‘deserved’ an .equaliser. 

I am not sure where United go from here. They did not look at all balanced and, apart from a few good spells late on, they looked like a bunch of misfits.

Jones has been pilloried in the press and I have World Cup concerns about him - neither he nor Smalling looked commanding.

I didn’t really notice Antonio until late on and the pundits called Herrera correctly in that he was neutralised by his man marking of Hazard.

Pogba looked good in small doses but for £89m he simply has to be more effective and contribute more goals. Matic  and Lingard OK but didn’t pull up any trees. 

Sanchez was appalling; didn’t look interested, didn’t fit in anywhere and @ £200k p.w. he is looking a worse purchase than Pogba.

Ashley Young was one of the few to impress me and he has morphed into a decent left back. Looked dangerous going forward although his crossing could have been better. 

I will always be a Rashford fan but he struggled to get in the game and I am not sure what system he was supposed to be playing to.

Mourinho........the game is better for having him. However, I would raise question marks over the team selection... Lukaku on the bench was a no win situation;short of match sharpness, he was unlikely to make an impact in the last quarter.

Personally, I would have started with Lukaku and Rashord up front and Mata in midfield - leaving out Lingard.  Lukaku might have grown into the game and there seems to a better understanding between him and Rashford. Martial was available if a change was required or Lukaku suffered fatigue or injury recurrence. I am sure I would have replaced Sanchez with Lingard at some point and McTominay for Mata after his shift.

Man City must have looked at this game and thought ...yep, the title is ours again next season. Klopp must fancy second place.

PS.... Hazard’s penalty was piss-poor and if De Gea stood up, or chose to dive to his left, he could have saved Jones’ blushes.

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 2