2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

At the expo today, got pally with the pretty sales girl who doesn't work for Kawasaki and has just been hired for the expo. She told me in 3 days they've sold about 50 of these new 250's. I must say they look great and I think I will have to get one. The new CBR500 looks cheap in comparison. I know the ninja won't be quite as fast but I don't care about that too much. I'd rather have a bike that makes me drool everytime I look at it, the CBR won't have that effect on me I'm sure.

I was told by the guy in charge there that it's faster than the previous model and perhaps 33-35BHP and close to 40 or more with mods, but that could just be Thai talk.

I was also told the 300 won't be released in Asia at all and if it was it would be at least 3 years from now. i had seen all the pics of the new 250 just like you guys and I thought it looked very nice, but seeing it for real, the pictures don't do it justice, it looks awesome and it wasn't just me. the Honda stand is next to the Kawasaki stand and most the Thais weren't looking at the Honda bikes.

I actually went to the expo on Saturday with the intention of looking at the new CBR but the new Ninja looks so much better. I took the girlfriend today showed her the two and her immediate response was get the Ninja.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the expo today, got pally with the pretty sales girl who doesn't work for Kawasaki and has just been hired for the expo. She told me in 3 days they've sold about 50 of these new 250's. I must say they look great and I think I will have to get one. The new CBR500 looks cheap in comparison. I know the ninja won't be quite as fast but I don't care about that too much. I'd rather have a bike that makes me drool everytime I look at it, the CBR won't have that effect on me I'm sure.

I was told by the guy in charge there that it's faster than the previous model and perhaps 33-35BHP and close to 40 or more with mods, but that could just be Thai talk.

I was also told the 300 won't be released in Asia at all and if it was it would be at least 3 years from now. i had seen all the pics of the new 250 just like you guys and I thought it looked very nice, but seeing it for real, the pictures don't do it justice, it looks awesome and it wasn't just me. the Honda stand is next to the Kawasaki stand and most the Thais weren't looking at the Honda bikes.

I actually went to the expo on Saturday with the intention of looking at the new CBR but the new Ninja looks so much better. I took the girlfriend today showed her the two and her immediate response was get the Ninja.

Congrats on your purchase.

A couple of things you also get from choosing the Kawi:

• Wide dealer network...over on the 500 thread it has come out that only Big Wing showrooms are going to service the 500s.
  • Proven reliability. Knowing Honda their new bike should be reliable, but the 250 mill that Kawasaki has been updating for the past ~25 years has proven to be rock solid.
  • Wide aftermarket...there's tons of stuff out there for the N250.

I would take the '33-35 HP' with a large helping of salt. 40 actually is possible as I've seen builds on the net where they went high compression pistons, flowed heads, etc. But all those were with carbs...haven't seen any FI models even break 30 at the rear wheel.

As a side note, the Ninja isn't much fun with a pillion. It's got a really crappy seat back there for them and in order to get going at any decent clip you have to rev the hell out of it which annoys the passenger as the exhaust is right there for them...

Edited by dave_boo

Have Kawa reduced the price of their 2012 stock?

I saw a plateless red/black model last week on the road, and though 'who the hell would play 160k odd baht for that now with the 2013 model and CBR500 about to be released'? :huh:

It would be somewhat arming to hear that they have dropped the price to at least 145k to get rid of them.

congrats for your new bike macknife

But, if you leave it to Thai girls, they always choose the cheapest one as they never use it.biggrin.png

And, think in long term, 250 might feel underpowered after a while.

i think hard to justify 160 k for a 250cc machine which i own now.

But yeah quality wise it looks as good as cbr500 but not design wise for me.

And fro kawa service, people wait for weeks now what my friends tell me as tyey sold thousands of bikes but they have only two service in Bangkok and one of them is very small capacity.

still, it is a good bike.

Edited by loserlazer

Nice one man - you get what you like, and makes you happy - same as everyone, it needs no justification.

For me, that kawi looks good enough to eat, it's a beauty - and that's enough. Each to their own, of course, but I don't understand people spending a shit load on a bike, and then spending a shit load more doing it up so they're actually satisfied. Why not spend the same money buying something decent in the first place with the right gear already on it, so you still have a warranty ? I've never modded any vehicle I've purchased - if I don't like them as they are, I don't buy.

In terms of hp etc, you know they're all big and powerful enough to get you dead very quickly, and I'm not entering the competition to win the prize, so don't listen to other people drivelling on about the size of their engine, to make up for the lack of size in the trouser department - I lost three good mates three Years ago to honda waves and dreams. I like to feel and hear the mighty roar as much as the next man, but these days I drive a lot more sedately than I used to, regardless of how large the displacement is, and drive my car mostly on long journeys, since then, and am buying my missus a car to get her off the bike also.

I'm after a nice new bike for pleasure, for dry weather only. To that end, I'm waiting for a z800, as I feel the z1000, which I really would love to own is too overpriced here, and has no ABS as an option. If the z1000sx came out, I would seriously consider it, regardless of price... If the z800 or N 300 don't come out next Year, I would seriously consider the 250 as an option. Watching the moto expo on youtube yesterday, I was transfixed by a sweeping shot of a ninja 250 in grey and black - it took a while to click what it was, and I kept rewinding the video - absolutely lovely looking, for sure. In my opinion, style wise - blows the small, and new Hondas away. This seems more innovative in looks than the copiers. I believe in terms of power / comfort the new ninja has been changed in quite a few ways, compared to the old model. Are you allowed to touch / sit on the bikes at the show atall ?

Very happy for you man - please ride, photograph and report on it soon !

• Like 1

Watching the moto expo on youtube yesterday, I was transfixed by a sweeping shot of a ninja 250 in grey and black - it took a while to click what it was, and I kept rewinding the video - absolutely lovely looking, for sure. In my opinion, style wise - blows the small, and new Hondas away.

Hey would you have a link to that video?

Have searched you tube but no luck

Thanks

ackybang:

well do you really want to know why people spend modding their bikes?

Because they have money and it is a joy to modify your bike and make it custom according to your style and needs. That easy.

It is not always for more power and i have brain to get more powerful bike and even if i buy a z800, i will still mod it manbiggrin.png and put a new pipe and some cosmetics. This is my style.

Even my honda wave 125x is modified.tongue.png All the bikes i bought was modded too!

because i like it not bc i cannot afford a bigger bike.

Edited by loserlazer

But, if you leave it to Thai girls, they always choose the cheapest one as they never use it.biggrin.png

You don't know my girlfriend ;) Firstly, she doesn't care what money I spend because secondly, she most certainly will use it. Whenever she has a day off, she hands me the keys of her(my) Airblade and grabs the CBR keys and off she goes. She's only 45kgs but can handle it no problem. In fact I'm almost ashamed to say it, that it was she that first taught me how to ride the CBR, as I'd only ever ridden (semi) automatics until 2 years ago.

Just wish they had the plain black or white colors as released in other countries instead of the ridiculous color schemes

The below picture of the ninja 300 which I believe is the same frame as 250 is just amazing

w475h321_000003408248FDDF.jpg

• Like 1

You don't know my girlfriend ;) Firstly, she doesn't care what money I spend because secondly, she most certainly will use it. Whenever she has a day off, she hands me the keys of her(my) Airblade and grabs the CBR keys and off she goes. She's only 45kgs but can handle it no problem. In fact I'm almost ashamed to say it, that it was she that first taught me how to ride the CBR, as I'd only ever ridden (semi) automatics until 2 years ago.

Macknife if you are happy about your purchase, i m happy too as it means another happy rider in this world.

And just joking about thai girls as my girls always want me to buy cheapest.:D

Congrats again

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

ackybang:

Because they have money and it is a joy to modify your bike and make it custom according to your style and needs. That easy.

It is not always for more power and i have brain to get more powerful bike and even if i buy a z800, i will still mod it manbiggrin.png and put a new pipe and some cosmetics. This is my style.

Even my honda wave 125x is modified.tongue.png All the bikes i bought was modded too!

Hey loserlazer, I don't remember firing my post at you directly - you seem to be taking a rather throw away quote a bit personally ?

Are you uptight about you recent purchase of a Honda 500 and subsequent misgivings, or think anyone is judging you - especially on a ninja 250 thread ? Chill out geezer and enjoy - I'm very happy for you to do so. Lord forbid I would ever suggest you didn't have enough money to buy a bigger bike. (I'm only joking, by the way).

I'm sure people that want to mod their bikes do it for all sorts of reasons - the ones you posted are obviously your own, and equally need no justification - as neither do my own. Diversity is a beautiful thing, in the right context.

Most people I know around here that mod their bikes, actually do it to give the impression they have money (which I find rather crass / sickening), as they think this is important, and that most people actually give a fuc_k - and their bike is special, or something over and above what they are, or it's pretending to be, when usually the opposite is true. Empty vessels and all that.....

For me a good design is something complete and beautiful and shouldn't need changing - and indeed to change would be to detract from it's aesthetic majesty. Only my opinion. If I bought a beautiful new Veyron, Lambo or Ferrari - why would I need to mod it ? If my girlfriend is naturally beautiful to me, why would I want her to tart herself up with makeup, a new nose and plastic tits ? Personally don't get it, but each to their own.....

Hello Mania - if I find the link for you, how do I post it here ? Please advise, and I'll have a go... I'm not being disingenuous - I'm not a massive computer buff. I remember I typed in 'motor expo thailand' and changed the search filter to the last week, and it came up - not too many entries came up. It started immediately with the new Hondas, and then the Kawas after - maybe around a five minute video.

ackybang:

Hey loserlazer, I don't remember firing my post at you directly - you seem to be taking a rather throw away quote a bit personally ?

Are you uptight about you recent purchase of a Honda 500 and subsequent misgivings, or think anyone is judging you - especially on a ninja 250 thread ? Chill out geezer and enjoy - I'm very happy for you to do so. Lord forbid I would ever suggest you didn't have enough money to buy a bigger bike. (I'm only joking, by the way).

I'm sure people that want to mod their bikes do it for all sorts of reasons - the ones you posted are obviously your own, and equally need no justification - as neither do my own. Diversity is a beautiful thing, in the right context.

Most people I know around here that mod their bikes, actually do it to give the impression they have money (which I find rather crass / sickening), as they think this is important, and that most people actually give a fuc_k - and their bike is special, or something over and above what they are, or it's pretending to be, when usually the opposite is true. Empty vessels and all that.....

For me a good design is something complete and beautiful and shouldn't need changing - and indeed to change would be to detract from it's aesthetic majesty. Only my opinion. If I bought a beautiful new Veyron, Lambo or Ferrari - why would I need to mod it ? If my girlfriend is naturally beautiful to me, why would I want her to tart herself up with makeup, a new nose and plastic tits ? Personally don't get it, but each to their own.....

Hello Mania - if I find the link for you, how do I post it here ? Please advise, and I'll have a go... I'm not being disingenuous - I'm not a massive computer buff. I remember I typed in 'motor expo thailand' and changed the search filter to the last week, and it came up - not too many entries came up. It started immediately with the new Hondas, and then the Kawas after - maybe around a five minute video.

Dont be funny man.

I m of course do not take your post as something offensive.

You just asked why people mod their bikes and i answered.

But it looks like my friendly answer shook you a bit.

As i stated. I can even mod a lambo or ducati. It does not matter.

I like to make things different and special. Instead of neing a white sheep among 1000 other white ones, i prefer to be the black one.

I like looking at dyno charts, compare numbers, checking the improvement etc. These are fun for me. Why dont you understand?

But in all bike forums i have been, there is always someone like you who asks like the most clever person in this world ' i dont know why people mod their bikes instead of buying a more powerful bike' it is a classic so you look a little naive on this.

Uptight about my purchase:lol:?

I buy whatever i like. I mod whatever i like. Why i need feel ashame or uptight with my choice and money?

You think little bit on these as homework tonight man:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

There's a N250 Vs CBR500 fight thread needed

Isn't it a shame that the N300 wasn't released here. sad.png Now that would be a great fight thread.

Style and build wise, I'm Kawa for this one.

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 1

Hi Ackybang

No problem if you can't but what you do is just click the address at the top of the page

that will highlight it. Then you right click it & select copy

Then in your post here you right click again & select paste.

That may seem like a lot if your not use to it so even if you just tell me the title of the video

I can probably find it on You tube

Your description peaked my interest as I also thought the Ninja was a good looking example.

In fact if they had released the 300 I think I would already have been on the wait list.

Thanks

Ackybang

I think I may have stumbled upon it while watching a video of the expo?

In the video on this page they show a couple of 250's briefly. Yes very nice.

http://www.motorexpo.co.th/2012/news.php?id=421

Also saw this video

The "roughly" zero to 150-160 is pretty quick. The last bit to 160 to170 of course

a bit slower but not much.

The new 300 is showing 185

So not a overwhelming difference

I put my deposit on the N250 today and the guy said the waiting time was the end of January. sad.png

I told him that on Sunday I was told end of December, he said right but that was 3 days ago. They must be selling quite a few. Anyway, roll on the end of January.

I got the green and black, can't wait.

All last week, I was staring at pics of the CBR 500, a Ninja never even entered my mind. what the hell happened?????

Congrats

Be sure & post pics & impressions

I put my deposit on the N250 today and the guy said the waiting time was the end of January. sad.png

I told him that on Sunday I was told end of December, he said right but that was 3 days ago. They must be selling quite a few. Anyway, roll on the end of January.

All last week, I was staring at pics of the CBR 500, a Ninja never even entered my mind. what the hell happened?????

cool man.

No worries, nothing bad happened, you just bought a good bike - does not look very good regarding design imo but it is my imo and i respect others imo as well - which fits your conditions and experience level well.

I am sure you will like it.

post some photos once you get it!

Just this morning I passed one of those double deck transports in Chiangmai

It was fully loaded with new N250's

Top deck was all black/silver models & lower deck all green/black

If you live near Chiang Mai you may want to check stock availability?

Although as you say they sell so these may have been all spoken for.

Massive delivery at Real Motorsport (Ramkhemheang 146) today.

Behind the front row of 15-20 Versys's there were ER's Ninja650's and i spotted 10 or so Ninja 250's, maybe more behind the 2 or 3rd row of bikes.

This place seriously shifts bikes, but what do you expect when there's only two dealerships in Bangkok, i just wish the service department was a bit more up to speed to cope with the 1000's of bikes they've shifted. :)

Hey, Mania - sorry, have been down on the farm for a few days, and too knackered to be on the computer.

Thanks for posting the info - on clicking on to your first suggested site, all I got was a static page, so I'm not sure.

The video is called motorcycles at motorexpo 2012 - the brief shot starts at about 2.27...

Since that video was posted there are other, better ones now. One of the videos you posted I hadn't seen until now - good alround view of the 250's - nice one. Made me think differently about the colours I thought I previously liked. Reaffirms, you have to see them in the flesh really, eh ?

Not sure why they don't do the solid colours here ? Don't see why they don't make all the colours available as a choice, seeing as they are made here, and all have to be ordered anyway. I know black bikes are a bastard to keep clean - but that picture dcoy posted looks very nice. Really hope they release the z800 next Year, or the 300. I'm not massively interested in top speed these days, but from all accounts, and according to the reviews I've read - the 300 is supposed to be more of a solid bike than the 250, build wise, and of course has the slipper clutch. Honestly, I don't think Kawasaki will be too preturbed by Honda's latest releases, and will introduce their newer bikes in a graceful, timely manner, and will still sell them in volume. One to me, for sure.

Stylewise, for me their bikes piss all over these 'new' Hondas.

As far as a complete range of bigbikes go, and I look longingly at their websites / range / prices for other Countries - IMO Kawasaki seem to offer more choice and appeal to a more realistic and mature demographic of rider, who know what they want, and don't mind paying a bit extra for it, but would perhaps be satisfied with their purchase from the outset - rather than the ubiquitous cheap sheep in wolf's clothing brigade, reeking of insecure bravado and brackish hypocrisy, who's words would bear the intellectual gravity of a small piece of cheese, and would have the consistency, nature and abrasive rhetorical charms of a stunted, crystal meth addict afflicted with small man's syndrome to boot.

I like your easy going manner, by the way.

Waiting for your review with anticipation, macknife - you strike me as being an honest chap.

Good evening everyone.

Edited by Ackybang
  • Like 2

Hey, Mania - sorry, have been down on the farm for a few days, and too knackered to be on the computer.

Thanks for posting the info - on clicking on to your first suggested site, all I got was a static page, so I'm not sure.

The video is called motorcycles at motorexpo 2012 - the brief shot starts at about 2.27...

Since that video was posted there are other, better ones now. One of the videos you posted I hadn't seen until now - good alround view of the 250's - nice one. Made me think differently about the colours I thought I previously liked. Reaffirms, you have to see them in the flesh really, eh ?

Not sure why they don't do the solid colours here ? Don't see why they don't make all the colours available as a choice, seeing as they are made here, and all have to be ordered anyway. I know black bikes are a bastard to keep clean - but that picture dcoy posted looks very nice. Really hope they release the z800 next Year, or the 300. I'm not massively interested in top speed these days, but from all accounts, and according to the reviews I've read - the 300 is supposed to be more of a solid bike than the 250, build wise, and of course has the slipper clutch. Honestly, I don't think Kawasaki will be too preturbed by Honda's latest releases, and will introduce their newer bikes in a graceful, timely manner, and will still sell them in volume. One to me, for sure.

Stylewise, for me their bikes piss all over these 'new' Hondas.

As far as a complete range of bigbikes go, and I look longingly at their websites / range / prices for other Countries - IMO Kawasaki seem to offer more choice and appeal to a more realistic and mature demographic of rider, who know what they want, and don't mind paying a bit extra for it, but would perhaps be satisfied with their purchase from the outset - rather than the ubiquitous cheap sheep in wolf's clothing brigade, reeking of insecure bravado and brackish hypocrisy, who's words would bear the intellectual gravity of a small piece of cheese, and would have the consistency, nature and abrasive rhetorical charms of a stunted, crystal meth addict afflicted with small man's syndrome to boot.

I like your easy going manner, by the way.

Waiting for your review with anticipation, macknife - you strike me as being an honest chap.

Good evening everyone.

Great post. Good to see that despite the resident spammer and multiple, sometimes even self proclaimed 'Honda whores' there are still people posting on this forum that are capable of independent, intelligent thought processes. Very easy to lose that ability after a few years here :)

I had a test ride on the N250 today at Kawasaki Ramkamhaeng rd. I couldn't do much but it was very smooth through the gears, though 3rd gear was as far as I got. Seemed very easy to handle as well.

It only had about 3km on the clock and was all scratched up on one side. I was told they had only had this demo model 3 days and already some Thai guy had dropped it on a test ride. I wonder how much that's going to cost him?

I had a test ride on the N250 today at Kawasaki Ramkamhaeng rd. I couldn't do much but it was very smooth through the gears, though 3rd gear was as far as I got. Seemed very easy to handle as well.

It only had about 3km on the clock and was all scratched up on one side. I was told they had only had this demo model 3 days and already some Thai guy had dropped it on a test ride. I wonder how much that's going to cost him?

Cool but too bad they don't let you take it out for a proper spin.

I had wondered if Test Rides were allowed in Thailand.

I guess the Thai guy dropping it may suggest not much allowed :)

They should have told him..."Hope you like this color because its now yours " :)

So have you seen all three colors in person now?

I am guessing you did at the show?

Between the three available here that I have seen pics of the Green model & the Black model look

about the best. The Red looks a bit busy in the pics. What did you think in person?

Pity they didn't do the solids like the 300 too. The all white 300 looks good too.

Cool but too bad they don't let you take it out for a proper spin.

I had wondered if Test Rides were allowed in Thailand.

I guess the Thai guy dropping it may suggest not much allowed smile.png

They should have told him..."Hope you like this color because its now yours " smile.png

So have you seen all three colors in person now?

I am guessing you did at the show?

Between the three available here that I have seen pics of the Green model & the Black model look

about the best. The Red looks a bit busy in the pics. What did you think in person?

Pity they didn't do the solids like the 300 too. The all white 300 looks good too.

I saw all 3 colours at the show and now at Kawasaki 'Realsports'. I went for the green/black, easily the best IMO. There were about 30 new Ninjas there today. At a guess I'd say 15 green/black, 10 black/grey and 5 red/white.

The matte black er6n looks very mean.

• Like 1

They had the announcement party at Phuket Kwacker this weekend. Defiantly a nice looking bike, but seems big for a 250cc. Looks like a ZX-10, and very nearly the size. If they came out with something like this but a 400 or 500cc 4cyl and about 60HP and I would be very, very tempted.

Photo0582.jpg

Photo0581.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg