The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

Whatever. I'm no more or less bitter. He got a break and so did the joint he's trying to promote.

Substantive news especially welcome like new menu items on an old menu.

I totally agree places change a lot and fresh impressions are welcome. The thread being over exploited as free advertising for one place isn't.

Schlep factor matters too regardless of your mode of transport. Some places are great for local access and others are worth an out of the way trip.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

How did I get a break?

You act like your the owner of this forum's son..

Congrats. You get the last word. This level of discourse is just too boring.

No this has been an unpleasant spat.

The idea of this thread is brilliant.

Keep it that way without YOUR agenda - for heaven's sake just because you cannot navigate Pattaya/ Jomtien without a baht bus- horrible things.

No menu posted- deadly sin.

It's above your budget- terrible.

It's the same with every forum- a group of people take over- and think they are demi- gods .

• Like 2

Rant and rude lecture noted. I found it very ill informed about the history of this thread and of no value to me, but you got your say. You say you don't like unpleasant and then unload a bucket of bile. Not convincing.

Others, please get back to the restaurant talk or this long standing thread will be threatened with closure.

No, I am not a mod, but if this thread degrades into a BICKER FEST it will go away like all other such threads. mfr_closed1.gif

If that's what enough of you want ... so be it. I certainly don't.

Edited by Jingthing

Local Restaurant Tidbits:

TREE TALES CAFE

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d6438616-Reviews-Tree_Tales_Cafe-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

The well regarded Tree Tales Cafe from Naklua now in South Pattaya.

Map Here:

https://www.facebook.com/treetalescafe/photos/p.1689684771250227/1689684771250227/?type=3&theater

Acquapazza NEW LOCATION

Higher end Italian from Jomtien beach road opening a location near the courthouse on Thappraya

A bit north of yet to open Wooden Box

I don't know if the old location will close or not.

I have never eaten there. Have you?

Current page:

https://www.facebook.com/Acquapazza-Pattaya-176407879062055/

LEBANESE GOURMETthumbsup.giflicklips.gifthumbsup.gif

Newer restaurant run by trained chef.

Gourmet Lebanese food. Not gourmet prices.

Possibly the best falafel in town. Seasoned in a distinctive way.

Plenty on offer beyond the usual hummus and stuff.

Catching on with the local Middle Eastern crowd. Maybe you should take a hint?

Roughly across the street from Beverly Plaza Hotel, 2nd road, South Pattaya, North of Pattaya Tai

TAIWANESE LARGE CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN, anyone?

2nd Road, South Pattaya

A bit north of Boat Bakery restaurant

This is a Taiwanese street food.

It's now offered in Pattaya at a Taiwanese bubble tea place.

It's only 60 or 70 baht.

I'm skeptical about how good it can be ... but if you're game, let us know. Not my style of food, but not judging.

This is a trend in Bangkok at Hot Star stall ... but this place isn't Hot Star:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g293916-d7949438-i130375199-The_EmQuartier-Bangkok.html

but you get an idea of the type of food that it is.

JASMINE ISRAELI RESTAURANT

This place took a really long time to finally open.

But now it is. So Yippee or whoever you say that in Hebrew.

It's on Soi Beaukow just south Volare Italian.

Menu and prices typical.

A place to go for Yemenite chicken soup, shakshuka, etc.
Haven't tried yet.

COMING SOON! drunk.gif

Bangladeshi food in Pattaya! Not Indian cooked by Bangladeshi. Actual Bangladeshi food!

Chinese tour bus food you can actually sample yourself, if you dare, and if you can translate a Chinese menu with your mobile! In South Pattaya!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Rant and rude lecture noted. I found it very ill informed about the history of this thread and of no value to me, but you got your say. You say you don't like unpleasant and then unload a bucket of bile. Not convincing.

Others, please get back the restaurant talk or this long standing thread will be threatened with closure.

No, I am not a mod, but if this thread degrades into a BICKER FEST it will go away like all other such threads.

If that's what enough of you want ... so be it.

Gosh- you are the one being unpleasant to one poor guy who posted.

Close it down- why not.

You imagine that you have some power over the rest of us- elevating yourself to the ultimate expert on the restaurant scene .

Let people post- then don't shoot them down in flames- let members express their opinions- not everyone has your fabulous knowledge of every single cuisine on the planet.

That's one vote for closing it down.

Perhaps you'd like to start a poll.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

Cheers mate, glad some people appreciate my posts.

Hopefully my remarks will be taken in the context they were made, that of information and for consideration and not an attack. The items mentioned were not my assumptions but just the facts mam or should I say, sir? Take care and have a nice day.
Doesn't seem your information was appreciated.

Good day to you too.

Edited by rws85

Could be like those advertising campaigns where they tease you for awhile before telling you what they're advertising ...

Got me wondering.

If it's from THE ROKK CITCHEN that dish looks different than the other dishes pictured before from THE ROKK CITCHEN.

Tease your way to the sale… make them curious… get them hot for what you got.

http://internetmarketingmag.net/internet-marketing-strategy/tease-don%E2%80%99t-tell-then-you%E2%80%99ll-sell/

Hopefully that mystery meat is hot.

Edited by Jingthing

Sorry was being a bit of a smart ass, after yesterday's unpleasant experience, and posting the daily special. Seems we are back to being civil, so maybe the post should be deleted.

It was Chicken with pesto pasta for 150baht.

Sorry was being a bit of a smart ass, after yesterday's unpleasant experience, and posting the daily special. Seems we are back to being civil, so maybe the post should be deleted.

Time out now.............please thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

i have been to the seafood buffet in Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel they do it every saturday now for 599. is on beach road Jomtien,

I was not very impress, nothing wrong but also nothing special... and i think siam@siam is better value for money in that price range.

anyway if you live in Jomtien and you don't like to move then you don't have many other option.

Edited by marino28

I have now added your text, I hope that is OK with everyone

• Like 1

l'Address on Soi Chiayphoon.

I am not sure how long it has been open ( does not appear on my Google Earth Streetview) and I came up m/t on the topic search. It is halfway down the soi on the north side. French cuisine and from my 2 visits nearly all French or Québécois clientele. Open for lunch and reopens for dinner @19k.

I ate light due to my hardcore low carb diet but worth noting the best, most tender sautéed garlic shrimp I have tasted in Thailand. They are on the smallish side but cooked to perfection which is seldom the case over here. Cocktail shrimp also very good as was the Greek salad which is hard to come by in Jomtien. I was served by French staff. Maybe some can add to this sparce review as I certainly will return for more menu items once I fall off this eating regime.

As far as I know it had a previous incarnation as Cap Breton on the opposite side of the soi before moving to new premises.

Yes, it is good.

Where on Chiayapoon?

Seems to be an informal name after an inn. The map says Soi 25, running between Soi Baukhau and 3rd rd. It is the next soi north of SoiLangkee.

https://www.facebook.com/ladressefrenchrestaurant/

Thanks. I spaced out and thought this was about Soi Chayaphreuk in Jomtien because Jomtien was mentioned. Definitely an appealing suggestion.

• Like 1

Cafe Des Amis, located off Thappraya rd.

Shouldn't be a long walk if using a baht bus?

What can I say? Simply amazing. Food was fantastic and I highly recommended you try the Prawn and Avocado appetiser, the flavours were just amazing.

post-245798-14559789280172_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1